Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

sexpig by night posted:

what the poo poo

The parent company is CEC Entertainment, or Charles Entertainment Cheese Entertainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

sexpig by night posted:

gettin my mind blown open by deep Chuck E Cheese lore

why do I know this

my mind is shattered

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Phone posted:

Gary Brecher
·
Letting the Turkish state have its way everywhere is another casualty of the distractions of Russiagate. Trump's entourage is full of people who are openly Turkish lobbyists. Michael Flynn is the best-known example. But no one was interested in that, only his much more dubious ties to Russia. Some factions of the US elite are bought by different foreign groups. The Clintons tilted toward Qatar; Trump's people are pure Saudi/Turkish. Even so, all are agreed that the Syrian state must never be reformed as a united country, so replacing Rojava with a brutal occupation by the state that has a psychotic hatred of Kurdish autonomy is a small price to pay for preventing Syria from cohering again.
What will happen to the people of Rojava under the rule of Turkish soldiers and their vengeful jihadi proxies matters not at all.

Alternate take is that rather than some kind of calculated strategy for dismantling any future coherent Syrian state, trump is a mush-brained idiot who is sold a bag of magic beans each time he speaks with a world leader and Erdogan is particularly good at playing to his ego.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
gas this piece of poo poo thread

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
In the latest ep they pointed out that when the god-doubting guy carved "why" into a tree it would be a major plot point later, but then they never explained it :(

Guess I need to go watch the movie myself

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

420 Gank Mid posted:

smdh virgil knows about primogeniture but not tanistry

I usually go with brujah or gangrel

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Nothus posted:

Man I thought Felix would be the first to fall into nihilistic self destruction.

pretty sure Felix is in the background of one of the photos in the article

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Previa_fun posted:

Weird Amber takes are the best part of the podcast.

I think in this case she's still driven by her recent article in Current Affairs about the role of the managerial class in building solidarity. An overbearing focus on culture war issues while ignoring the structural economic challenges facing the US leads to that clap meme of "MORE WOMEN PRISON GUARDS", or Hillary's infamous quote about breaking up banks not fixing racism or sexism.

It's a really difficult problem for the US left movement to address as it means looking some really vulnerable and persecuted people at the vanguard of the culture war in the eye and saying that yeah, we're on your side but it's like priority number 15 in terms of the challenges this country faces. There's a large chunk of the US working class that are seriously unwoke, or at least ambivalent about cultural issues, but they're a vital segment of the populace to get on board if the movement is going to be successful.

Amber is as usual swinging a baseball bat at something that should be dealt with using tweezers but she's fundamentally not wrong.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
also that's not to excuse Amber's legit bad opinions such as "hey China's got the right idea when it comes to internet censorship"

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

lemme guess: something uplifting about finally being aware of the trauma that occurs when people show complete indifference to other people's suffering, and subsequent apology for the Grenfell towers / equally heinous articles she's written

contrition, genuine remorse, that kind of thing

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

The Muppets On PCP posted:

is this guy just standing in front of someone or does he have the most luxurious mullet known to man

:australia:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Shipon posted:

jesus gently caress lmao

i still think about IT'S RUBIO *splashes water* on the daily, just the pettiest snipe at an opponent that also happens to be extremely funny

Haha you're not wrong, it's a great bit:

https://youtu.be/730KfKhsKsE

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Lambert posted:

Trump's not actually funny and goes on long rambling tangents that go nowhere all the time. He'd be a terrible stand up.

In a universe even worse than ours, Trump never came down the escalator but was picked as a dark horse VP by Ted Cruz. He's doing non stop tours to whip the chuds into a frenzy while President Cruz enacts the sort of puritanical evil that would make GWB pause.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
What Happeneder

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Phone posted:

NEW CHAPO WITH GETFISCAL!!!!

!!!!

I like to think that Don still posts here on an alt, and every time he posts a particularly spicy take someone quotes him and says "you're no getfiscal"

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Race Realists posted:

so libs are just going to keep pretending there isn't an economic component to Racial/Gender discrimination?

These psychos think equality will be reached when insurance companies use your preferred pronouns on the letter they send you to reject your healthcare claim.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Race Realists posted:

another part of the article that stuck out to me was this bit

was this supposed to be some sort of own? "Clearly theyre Conservatives if they interacted with one, like, one time!1!!!1!1"

Weird how this standard doesn't apply to the multiple presidential candidates that were registered Republicans for decades, nor the one that eulogized Strom loving Thurmond.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
lol every dum-dum that has been rightly called out by Chapo over the last few years is getting in on the action. Looking forward to Megan McCain jumping on Twitter to accuse Chapo of being anti-Semitic somehow.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

lol brace is avshalom

ef;b

Tirade fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Mar 17, 2020

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Everything I dislike is crypto-fascist, I say as I sit down for a cordial chat with Steve Bannon about his views on blood and soil

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Captain America I think

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

sexpig by night posted:

I'm gonna keep caring about local stuff but even then I'm moving to a new state next year hopefully so pffffffft guess I'm gonna get super into grilling or some other gay boomer poo poo.

Martin Random had a similar realisation during LF days and wrote a few things on the surprising power of going local. There's a whole bunch of decaying existing institutions that are ripe for people to coöpt and direct towards meaningful change. It's also easier to write local ordinances that advance a left agenda than getting it through state or federal legislatures that are mostly unrecoverably compromised.

I'd be really keen to hear how his journey went but he got permabanned for making jokes in the CSPAM gun thread which is apparently a no jokes zone.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Odddzy posted:

Does he post anywhere else now?

No idea, he's probably still here on a parachute. I'll have a look for the thread over the weekend as it was a useful resource, but it might be a bit dated.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

still taking cred for this lmao, nope it’s definitely not bc of bernie’s campaign ending and there being a depression caused by a pandemic

https://twitter.com/gwensnyderphl/status/1256242613788672000?s=21

Curve: flattened

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

lmao that Biden photo they use has some serious Jeb! energy

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Lowtax got a shout out on the unlocked E1 episode as a friend of the police that honours and upholds their values in word and deed

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

THS posted:

its prodromal schizophrenia and if you understand it, you might have it too

Peace.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Keemstar families for those who have lost a family member in the posting wars

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

OctoberCountry posted:

holy gently caress

honestly took me a good 30 seconds until I realised he wasn't miming some obscure trump rant like that Sarah Cooper lady

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
"who gives a poo poo we're all gonna dieeee, BELTWAY GARAGE"

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao the only people on Earth who still care about counterstrike are the people who’ve been playing it for 15 years. Oh my god he clicked the head! No actually this is the best head clicker guy, he actually clicks on the most heads while avoiding having his own head clicked on! This is war, I’m a warrior!

I have no idea what any of this means

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Dinesh is such a weird little freak

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/1291518591393656837

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Vichan posted:

I hate it when people are wrong and smug at the same time.

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/1291528219359940608?s=19

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Shipon posted:

Little Saint Games Island

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
aargh, my Rodd. Busted again !!

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Chapo about two years behind SA's recognition and mockery of Trump's stair phobia

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
#wheresvirgil

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Jabronie posted:

They accidentally uploaded the teaser clip from last year when Nadler poo poo himself and waddled off stage.

For a few seconds I thought Nadler may have shat his self again

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
https://youtu.be/v-bvHlb2Fe8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
this mfer said "eye-teration"