Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
i think a very underrated terrible decision was when the parents allowed the molester to sleep in their daughter's bed with her for months on end, because he told them it was part of his special psychiatric treatment to make him stop wanting to molest her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
fuckin brutal

https://twitter.com/saywhatagain/status/1101200598156918784

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Is the video of jacob wohl with matt crying laughing in the background posted somewhere?

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

mike12345 posted:

What is Antifada? Is that more serious than Chapo, worth a listen?

I've only heard a few eps but if you liked matt's history episodes, I highly recommend this one he did with them about america's historic lack of a real party of labor

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/the-antifada/antifada-s-history-is-a-weapon-2-w-matt-christman/

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Chakan posted:

In the extra-length cpac episode they talk about running into some people who knew of them. There was a kinda one-sided argument where it was clear these right wingers were really just arguing with an imagined lefty viewpoint, one they had probably argued with many times in their heads.

So the conversation eventually gets to the point where Matt is accused of liking brutalism as if that was some damning proof of the evils of leftism. He basically said “I don’t know what you’re talking about so I’m done with this.”

All of these guys have watched hundreds of "triggered feminist compilation" and "ben shaprio DESTROYS _____ with logic" youtube videos and they expect real life interactions to go like that

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I've been listening to chapo for years, but I just saw a tweet outing them all as long time employees of a racism factory. Can someone please confirm this, I'm about to cancel my patreon subscription

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
wow Luc Besson must be a big red scare fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6yTXsCauIc

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

The Skeleton King posted:

I was talking to a friend about colleges recently. One thing that came up is how will the gen z and later generations go to college if their parents and grandparents are poor or in debt because of college and stagnant wages? Will we soon be seeing a no-college generation? There's no more money left to scam out of the middle and lower classes, just debt. Will banks just keep giving out loans that will never be paid forever?

Is there an episode that talks about this?

I guess they will continue to issue loans that everyone secretly knows will never be repaid, while hustling to fraudulently dump them on some other sucker-rear end bank, until they can't fake it anymore and the bubble bursts catastrophically, just like the 2008 crash?

I guess the only question that raises is that, while the market then ostensibly recouped some of its losses by foreclosing on a shitload of homes and making people homeless, what will they do when the asset produced by the loans is not a physical product, but instead "people who have higher education," the monetary value of which is contingent on future earning potential, and actual wages/salaries? How does that work in a hollowed and burned out economy? I guess that leads us to this:

papa horny michael posted:

You will receive loans for percentages of your future earnings.

So yeah look forward to debt peonage

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
https://www.twitch.tv/bernie_sanders

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I got 16/20. "Only one thing matters: the purity of your mission" is the only one that really surprised me

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Martian Manfucker posted:

"people of means"

Can't wait to hear about poor privilege, the marginalization of wealthy folk, and the centering of working class voices within the discourse

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

TheBigAristotle posted:

This all checks out

lmao "average IQ" is such an amazing trump insult

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I forgot who Brace Belden was and at first I confused him with Bryden Brantley lol

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
remember back in like 2017 when the ambition was that trump would be legalistically removed from office and hillary appointed president by like a judge or some poo poo

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Just go to the reddit, someone always posts the patreon eps there

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

space uncle posted:

So what’s more likely -
Warren is lying about Sanders statements to her regarding if a woman can become president.

Bernie Sanders said in 2018 that a woman can’t be president, and is both sexist and a moron (considering that Clinton basically won in 2016 minus some very important details).

Even if it was true, "America won't elect a woman president" is a completely banal observation that's been made by a million people before and since 2016, particularly many of the same people who would now pretend it's a controversial thing to say. Because of course if Bernie said it, he meant it sexistly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Wizard Master posted:

How deeply Matt's knowledge, humour and anger has been missed over the past few weeks.

I just listened to the Guys podcast episode “history guys” which was recorded months ago and it was good but it really made me miss him