Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Jackson Taus posted:

OK, I just Patreon'd them or whatever, is there an easy way to get the premium episodes into my iPhone Podcasts app?

If you use Downcast you can download the eps to Dropbox from your PC and import them in the app. So no, not really.

edit: This is a good podcast, I was skeptical when my friend (who raved about it) told me it was 3 dudes from Twitter on a Skype call, but they were hilarious out of the gate. The William F. Buckley stuff was great.

Puppy Galaxy fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

Holy hell is this show good, it's like YCS: the podcast.

But you said it's good???

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

did they reference the "permabanned poster n*ggerstomper58" post at one point or is my brain just broken? i think someone said "i'm permabanned user .." and trailed off.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

chapo boys, please know we'd welcome you all back from the gym with open arms

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

i figured out why cum town isn't funny to me. i'm not a 34 year old burnout who hasdone drugs consistently since the age of 14 when i started huffing spray paint.

nice humblebrag

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

the gently caress is wrong with you people who didn't like the David cross interview on cum town

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

i figured out why cum town isn't funny to me. i'm not a 34 year old burnout who hasdone drugs consistently since the age of 14 when i started huffing spray paint.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

I only tried the first few minutes of that one and a previous ep, but it seemed like a huge waste of my time, so I turned it off.

i was not on board during the pre-interview segment, mostly because one dude is way off mic and barely audible and the other dude is too loud and the one at the right volume has a really annoying laugh. but i thought the interview itself was great.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

Is this podcast just three dudes saying "cum" a lot as rebellion against the PC police, because that's what this interview makes it seem like

Yes.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

Sometimes I wonder how differently things might have turned out for this site if it had catered to the weird twitter people instead of driving them away.

these forums are very good at attracting a handful of very funny, talented people and driving them away shortly before they monetize their work

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

what is that in reference to

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Yes it is

quote:

While unsure what type of film it is, Suicide Squad has a defined center. On the surface, it explores a truth about all men: We are at once terrified of the Joker and horny for Margot Robbie. Past this, though, are two subjects closer to my heart—racial science and family court.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Yeah I feel old and cranky saying this but it's seriously not that hard to record a listenable podcast, even if they're not all in the same room. Take some of that patreon cash and spend $100 each for a mic and 5-10 mins getting levels right please thank you

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I am a puppy and/or a galaxy

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Arthur chu blocked me after I told him to go back to gbs

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

gamer is the n*gger of the world

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

hey man this isn't the place for a hard R

take it up with john lennon

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

felix already revealed his username ends in "stomper58"

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I just saw suicide squad, there was a lot going on there

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/pisspiggranddad/status/770765829889679361

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

Chapo Heads want universal free bus fare (no means testing!) so they can save more money to finally get headboards

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/774026882966777856

So Felix is tweeting for HRC? Not a good look.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

loving audio for one of the hosts drops out halfway through ep 40. Do better, Chapo

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Corek posted:

David French was a dungeon and dragons teen who developed into a warcraft-playing man in his fifties but holds court about masculinity in NRO

What's his yospos acct

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

just found out ross douthat is doing a lecture called "why america (still) needs conservatism" or something tomorrow and i'm actually thinking about it

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

I endorse and give my blessing. Is it free? Trip report would be cool if you go.

it is free, i invited my buddy who turned me onto the podcast originally on facebook as a joke and now he really wants to do it. i have profoundly mixed feelings going to see a guy I don't like speak in person at an event that will probably be poorly attended

philips exeter academy, it is one of two elite NH prep school famous for Students who Do Rapes

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Would be interested in hearing it, but riffing on a live debate sounds like a losing proposition.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Rhesus Pieces posted:

lol at chu's shoe but holy poo poo are the cum town boys' laughs obnoxious as hell

That one dude who laughs like Elijah wood's character in Eternal Sunshine is the main barrier keeping me from fully enjoying the show

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

Ah, maybe I'm just super dumb and misinterpreted something they said then.

They are irony bros, so

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

manyak posted:

Why do people still repeat the thing about Jill stein being anti vaccine, all the hand wringing was based on a Reddit AMA where she said "vaccines work but we should be skeptical of lobbyists influence on the FDA" and then every time since then shes clarified more directly that she's pro-vaccine

https://twitter.com/DrJillStein/status/759142652243644416

Is this what passes for being an anti vaxxer nutcase now lol

She was trying to court the anti vax crowd early on, and the clarifications came when she was called out for very cynically trying to fence sit on the issue.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

That tweet is super lovely because it equates "the polio vaccine does not cause autism" with "OxyContin is not habit forming"

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Cool story: I went to high school with today's guest

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Who the gently caress is eating at the start

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Which ep is that?

I remember a feud he had with Maron years ago. Possibly the only feud that wasn't Maron's fault

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

No way I'm listening to that full interview, that dude sounds exactly like some members of my family and shares their views. Way too close to home.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Blended the world again. Do they even know their own power

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I love Adomian but I'm not sure I could stomach Trump vs. Bernie now.

But props to his performance, coming on after everyone realized Trump was going to win and still slaying.

The whole thing was pretty great, save for the video (which admittedly I couldn't see but that didn't seem to make a difference to the crowd). If you want to listen without reliving the worst of it, listen through the Chapo reading series.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

taser rates posted:

Election night video is up on the Patreon, for anyone with the heart to listen to it again.

I feel bad because it was a pretty great show but I don't see myself ever wanting to relive election night a 3rd time

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Wasn't loving today's ep but drat, the reaction to the New Yorker profile has been something else. I hopped on the train around 10 eps in and I feel like my dry boys have finally made it

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

happy to see that Patton is a grey wolf now, I always felt like his dumb tweets about Tump being "the empire strikes back" were the most genuine of the "election = Harry Potter/Star Wars" genre because his entire career is viewing the world through a pop culture lens. still dumb but I have a soft spot for the guy, after all he taught me it was ok to be weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Nope I've avoided all of Game of Thrones, all of LOTR, all of Harry Potter, most of Star Wars and almost all of the comic book movies and that's not changing any time soon

All buzzfeed and Huffpo listicle garbage is Greek to me and I like it that way

It's ok to like a Star War, I think, as long as you don't base your understanding of politics on it.

I mean it's essentially a children's movie but I had a good time seeing the new one in the theater with my family last Christmas