Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

just clicked on page 1 by accident and saw this re: cum town

CortezFantastic posted:

i saw it was produced in Anthony Cumia's studio and pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

both sides do it

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I sincerely love Radiohead but lol at "the guy from Radiohead sounds like he's getting into a bath that's too hot all the time"

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Matt Christman's hatred for Mad Men bums me out because I know he's probably right

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Coheed and Camembert posted:

New episode out.

So Felix is definitely a goon, right? The reference to OPEN PALM SLAM THE VHS TAPE from long ago.

That and all the other forums stuff they reference is all over weird left twitter. That post in particular was posted a bunch the other week because it was the 10th anniversary of the post.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

red19fire posted:

Was Amber's "it's sexist to not cosider slot machines as gambling" serious? because if so :stare:

Wait is this a real question

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Because the answer is of course it was

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

It big of Felix to leave Anil's son out of it

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

It big of Felix to leave Anil's son out of it

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

She's definitely not a Hillary supporter.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Ace of Baes posted:

Is there any chance as Chapo gets more popular theyll drop so much of the twitter stuff? Got a buddy of mine into it but he almost didn't listen past one episode because there was so many inside jokes/twitter references he didn't get.

which episode? i remember feeling that early on but I feel like these days they're pretty good at summarizing things for people who don't follow things on twitter (which includes me sometimes)

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Ace of Baes posted:

The swordfish episode, I convinced him to listen to Applebee's though and it changed his opinion.

Ah yeah swordfish is not a good introduction to the show

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Pale Peril posted:

I'm calling it now: These cats will have triggered internal drama and in the next coming weeks the show is going to break up because of them.

Amber is going to come home to find one of that cats has OD'd on catnip and pot brownies while the other cat will has developed diabetes.

Animosity will brew towards the cat-sitter (Felix?) and remaining members will start taking sides. Patreon funds will get appropriated to the cats to help pay very expensive vet bills (but in reality paying for 'hospice'.)

There will be an outburst on Twitter by one of the Chapos and then the rest of the social sphere will mock them relentlessly on how they were pussywipped (heh heh) and lose all credibility, even if ironic.

This will get under the skin of the hosts and the show will no longer get updated.

CATS are going to do these guys in, I'm TELL'IN YA!

What the gently caress

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

based on Trump's meltdown and what he has said in the past about Russian women, there has to be a kernal of truth, although the piss story may be false

I feel like those docs are probably all fabricated but also am 100% certain that Trump loves getting pissed on by Russian hookers

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I mean, Trace was better, but still

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Doesn't have Nick's 4K tv and Amber's cats vomiting.

Does it feel weird to know these details about these people's lives to you? Because it feels weird to me.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/815742268091101184

Like there are a bunch of replies that reference how the white cat likes the humidifier and stuff and I find it funny but I have never met these people

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

Chapoverse/weird twitter politics hitting the mainstream kids.

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/825828673001435136

Only in thus thread is CBB "mainstream"

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Ron Jeremy posted:

I'm like 65% convinced 4chan is seeded by Russian and or israeli intelligence. Yes, I've dusted off my tinfoil.

Also cum town would be 100% improved if they removed that one assholes hyena like laugh at every punch line.

I used to feel this way but I have done a complete 180 and am now 100% cum boy

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Under the vegetable posted:

Lovable and relatable, two words I would definitely use to describe dragging a homeless schizophrenic black man in front of a camera and making him sing for lunch money.

David Liebe Hart isn't either of those things, he's an LA weirdo they found on public access.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Ron Jeremy posted:

The fast food derail is further evidence that chapo is just the SA forums in podcast form.

except it's popular and profitable and usually good

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

This is kind of hosed up

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/845403655381663746

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Live Chapo at Harvard was announced and sold out in like 2 hours. gently caress.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I hope it sucks because I couldn't get a ticket in time.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

MooselanderII posted:

I missed out on the Harvard tickets, but it looks like it is in a lecture hall? I was hoping for a bar in Harvard square rather than a literal classroom.

HARVARD DO NOT READ THIS

it seems like a student org is doing it? I'm probably gonna head down anyway, maybe it will be disorganized enough that people without tickets can get in.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

harvard chapo was good, here are a bunch of lovely out of context photos:

https://imgur.com/a/OUPqu

highlights include felix tripping up the stairs in the middle of the show (he had to pee)

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Someone siting near me shouted this at the event

I might have been sitting behind you

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Why not just wait to jerk off until after you get turned down for sex

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I MAY not be the PUSHER ROBOT but I can guarantee there will be STAIRS in the WHITE HOUSE

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

cat doter posted:

I've actually thought about starting a little side business thing where I consult with people starting up podcasts and I help them through audio issues and stuff

this is noble as gently caress

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I don't listen to MBMBAM but I do listen to other comedy podcasts and I've learned that everyone loves Hamilton

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

cat doter posted:

I have very little patience with that kind of "it's a waste of time" elitism, like any one medium is inherently more meaningful than the other to the individual

like, if you're having a good time who loving gives a poo poo

also to say "video games are bad because of X" is usually a pointless rhetorical exercise since it's such an expansive and varied medium that those arguments would only count for a tiny sliver of what is actually available to experience

video games are for children

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Paladin posted:

Hey what's the origin of their use of "duck hunt" to make fun of bad columnists/pundits? Did they come up with it themselves or is that from something? Any broader significance?

They called it "chapo death threats" for like one episode, with a disclaimer that they were not real death threats.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

"I feel GREAT!"

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Serf posted:

in his periscope thing that's what he said he does. seems like it's been fixed recently as he now sounds normal.

He sounded better on the last few because he was in the room for them. He'll go back to screaming from the bottom of a well soon enough.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i liked the david cross episode.

also, please put felix's tweet about never posting on SA in the OP

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Last i heard the toothpaste for dinner guy took over that account and locked everyone out, he was the guy who made the card game too

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Kobayashi posted:

Yang is absolutely not reachable and this is why it’s irresponsible for Chapo to have him on. He’s a goddamn VC, a banker without the tie. He’s not even a Warren-like stooge with “plans,” he is an evil totem of capital, who has done the political and economic calculation that it would be profitable to pay people $12k a year to STFU and play video games while he and his ilk destroy the planet. UBI, and his message of free poo poo in general should absolutely be co-opted by the left, but Yang in particular deserves nothing but scorn and derision. gently caress him and gently caress the Chapos for shifting the Overton window away from revolution and back toward the murky waters of garbage-tier electoral gimmicks. What’s next, and honest conversation with Tucker loving Carlson?

you are a huge dork. it’s not irresponsible to interview a presidential candidate on a political podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Felix’s tangent about how people try to ascribe personal meaning to a loss of a loved one got me good. From describing the pilot of ray donovan, a series that I barely recognize by name, no less