Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The recent episode with Ally Sports Radio as the intro made me giggle like mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

The real purpose of Cum Town is as a psyop to make Chapo sound well produced. The crew is learning some tricks from their CIA handlers.

Also, congrats to Felix for making it onto Zizek's enemies list
http://thephilosophicalsalon.com/reply-to-my-critics-part-two/

A man who has not embraced the Gorilla Mindset

Can anyone link me to Felix's annotations? I'm far too lazy to hunt for it.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Thanks yall, I'm well familiar with Zizek's amazing gooniness, although more in the cassock rape jokes and toilet monographs style and hadn't payed attention to this bizarre nitpick over Lacan that he's currently throwing as a justification for apparently Rick Santorum levels of tirades

Trabisnikof fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 14, 2016

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Under the vegetable posted:

that was a lot of words for zizek to say "maybe we should have a third catch-all bathroom because there are a lot of different gender identities that dont easily fit into male and female"

And also somehow take a side trip through "God drat recycling why you so hard" and "trans will lead to people marrying 7 dogs"

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Okonner posted:

This is an odd show's thread to say "Twitter should just be ignored" in.

The only time I read a tweeter is when I pause the show to load someone they mock in the show

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

I feel really bad for the guest on this weeks Chapo. Just nervous laughter and long periods of ums and ahs through the entire thing.

At least she got "El Chapo." some of the earlier guests who didn't get the format seemed painfully lost. She at least seemed like she was enjoying herself.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Ron Jeremy posted:

John Stewart was never the magic of the daily show. It was the writing and the format. Nowhere else could you see a clip of a politician saying X today and then a clip of Exactly-Not-X three months ago.

Nobody gave a poo poo about his borscht belt imitations

If your theory was true, the current show would be just as good.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

chaos rhames posted:

They knew exactly why she was trying to wedge republicans on racism, they just cruticised the absurdity of it targeted at bush and coming from a Clinton, and discussed it as an attempt to push the democrats rightward by taking on 'moderate' republicans like Paul Ryan and Kissinger and keeping progressive votes captive. There's also way more to feminism than empty representation with no structural reform or policy, and there's lots of room for criticism of Hillary from that perspective.

Yeah but it seemed a little hard for them to get you can point out that even Paul Ryan thinks it is racist without saying Paul Ryan is a good guy

But then again, I've been spared the unironic "queen Hillary" comments they also decried so maybe I'm just lucky

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

blunt for century posted:

Was someone humming throughout all of episode 36? I kept hearing something throughout this one.

That's just your anti-reprogramming mk ultra treatment kicking in

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I think this episode would have been better if they had found some dumbshit reviews to mock

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Are you really this dense

To be fair the line was "Hillary owes her career to misogyny"

People would take it poorly if you said Jesse Jackson owed his career to racism

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

The situation in the Park Slope mansion has become dangerous and unacceptable
https://twitter.com/BRANDONWARDELL/status/770753588142497793

This is going to be a loving grand coulee of an episode

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

If I wasn't so into saving my precious fluids I would be Idolizing the Chapo Bois from the left and the right if you know what I mean

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

This very dumb tweet is making the rounds in the Chaposphere tonight:

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/774021824053116928

Please Allah, make Donald Trump President

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I'd go to a strip club or a bingo hall with Kissinger and nowhere else

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Normie encroachment into tech has given some of them awareness of, and thus, an opinion on the matter. It reflects whatever the mainstream dogma is favorable at the time by-and-large. Nerd-bashing's an easy scapegoat, 'specially those crypto-anarchist libertarian-leaning types. It's also easy to paint them all with a wide brush when there's still plenty of room to misinform.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

They better actually gaslight us

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dinosaurs! posted:

Is there an episode where they dress down Hamilton? I've noticed them making small cracks about it recently, but am curious if they do a whole segment on it.

Isn't there an episode where someone maybe will does a Hamilton rap?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

They are pretty upfront about being AKP shills

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

really Stein should be mocked for her anti wifi stuff more

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Civilized Fishbot posted:

iirc the wi-fi stuff wasn't as dumb or funny as 'wifi beams scramble the kid's brains through radioactivity. It was more like 'aw well you know the kids get the ipad and hte iphone and the facebook and the myspace and it messes up their attention spans and they can't concentrate on the school and this whole country's goin down the drat drain'

Dr. Stein said in response to a question about wireless internet in schools: “We should not be subjecting kids’ brains especially to that… We don’t follow that issue in this country, but in Europe, where they do, they have good precautions around wireless, maybe not good enough.” What precautions should be taken around wireless internet and why?

What actually happened is that a parent raised concerns about the possible health effects of WiFi radiation on developing children, and I agreed that more research is needed. It may surprise many people that over 200 scientific experts in the field have called for more research into the health effects of radiation from devices like cellphones and WiFi, especially on developing children, and a number of countries have banned or restricted these technologies in schools. These concerns were amplified by a recent National Institutes of Health study that provided “some of the strongest evidence to date that such exposure [to the type of radiation emitted from cell phones and wireless devices] is associated with the formation of rare cancers…”

http://www.jill2016.com/jill_stein_answers_science_questions

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol I like this one better, let's just stop using pesticides and see what happens, it's called the precautionary principle

quote:

Dr. Stein has called for a moratorium on GMOs and pesticides. How would this work? Does it apply to all GMOs or just some?
We would enact a moratorium on new genetically modified organisms being introduced into our ecosystems, including our agricultural system and our food supply, until independent research free from industry influence shows decisively that GMOs are not harmful to human health or to the health of our ecosystems. This is called the Precautionary Principle, and it is used in countries in the European Union, but not in the United States. We should also phase out the use of GMO foods currently being grown, unless independent research shows decisively that GMOs are not harmful to human health or ecosystems.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

At roughly 9:00 AM, I saw a yellow wrapper from Whataburger lying on the carpet from the previous day. Everything surrounding the wrapper turned pitch black and the wrapper started to pulsate and blink. First, it became a luminous gold color. The gold promptly faded into a brilliant white hue that nearly blinded me. After about 5 seconds, this went away. At this instant, standing in the place of the small wrapper was a small creature, with which I would become very close during the remainder of the experience.

The creature was approximately 1 foot tall and 1 foot wide – Jill Stein with the face of a bird. On her short, round body, she wore an oversized, dark gray cloak. The sleeves reached down past her hands (which I never saw) and dragged behind her as she walked. Actually, the bird Jill Stein did not walk, she slowly dragged/limped around, indifferent to my presence. Her face was similar to that of an eagle. Her head was pasty white and she had three large yellow feathers sticking out on either side of her head, serving as whiskers. I was not afraid or at all startled by the bird Jill Stein. In fact, she was welcome in my room, which by now was a large Greek temple made from marble. She paced about the temple, seeming to contemplate something. I felt very sorry for the bird Jill Stein, as she seemed to be very troubled at the time.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Guy Mann posted:

Stein would be way more entertaining if she too blew $30k on internet memes.

Agreed, the Jill Stein Dank Meme Stash ran dry too soon

https://twitter.com/DrJillStein/status/769691238480146432

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I can't wait to have my next cell meeting in my lovely Trap Home. It'll be a gas.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Forums Terrorist posted:

the d&d hillarycrew seems to break down almost entirely on whether you post in uspol or not. if you don't you're probably supporting her because gently caress the gop; if you do you're probably like iron rose or some poo poo where you're basically a republican but woke

i still loving remember willa getting loving shredded for showing less than full enthusiasm for obamacare lol

Edit: Lol sorry this post was so bad I thought it was in dnd

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

get that OUT of my face posted:

I usually skip over the full-length songs in the intermissions and the end of the podcast, but I can't get enough of the Chopped N Screwed Monster Mash at the end of this episode.

http://youtu.be/DF3MJF40LYc

In case anyone else is looking

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

Die, revisionist scum

Speaking of which, did anyone go back and see if they gaslighted us as promised?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Misread that as Jon Lovett for a minute and was really confused

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I feel like Lovett on Chapo could actually work

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Neon Belly posted:

What's up with the articles recently (e.g. here) saying the Democratic Party needs to stop being the tool of the neoliberals and go back to embracing the idea of the defender of the working class? Do these people think this is some novel idea?

I can't help but feel that the author's obsession with "monopolies" rather than big business or whatever is not exactly pro-single payer or pro-government services. But maybe that's just my own personal paranoia.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol that's a post from cspam

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

btw i know left twitter is obsessed with making GBS threads over the russia intel stuff because partially because they think its a distraction from changing the economic policies of the democratic party, and partially because a good portion of the frothing anti russia people are idiots

but holy poo poo, we've known that trump has been compromised by putin and is playing into putin's attempts to fracture western liberal democracies into ethnonationalist enclaves, in an attempt to maintain the prestige of his own crumbling ethnonationalist kleptostate. we've known this for months, guccifier 2.0, rt, jokes about kompromat, all this was talked about before the freaking election

one of the problems with democrats is that their messaging tends to be over complicated, here is a super simple one: trump is a puppet of putin. bing bang bong simple. we're just trying to delegitimize trump and weaken his ability to run roughshod with his policies

You're the puppet!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

Everyone's favorite Chapo Trap House Tulpa Eric Garland has given us our marching orders for the new year. put on your Resist t-shirt and get cracking.

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/819350025713098752

People who drop mics they don't own are assholes

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Centrist dems freaking out over left criticism of Booker... Trump's gonna be here for 8 years isn't he?

I was just told on Facebook by some dude that "for me it, it seems reactionary anti-neoliberalism and russian propaganda designed to divide progressives is now *indistinguishable.* for my part, this is something to watch out for." Maybe uhh, Booker's vote against the bill is what is dividing progressives?

You realize even Sanders voted against the bill right? The bill was to repeal Obamacare so even adding Canadian drugs...Sanders would have still voted against the bill.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Darkman Fanpage posted:

you mean the bill that bernie wrote? or are you referring to a different bill because the one on wednesday was not for repealing obamacare

The Canadian drugs thing was an amendment to repealing Obamacare. So even if it had passed (hint: not a single amendments passed) then all the Democrats would still have voted against the final bill.

There are just a lot better reasons to hate Booker than a vote on an amendment that wasn't going to pass on a bill Democrats all should vote against anyway.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Sanders did not. I don't know what you think we're talking about but it's the Klobuchar Amendement that he's taking heat for.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00020#position

Note "Sanders" in the Yea column.

Right thats an amendment to the Obamacare repeal: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-concurrent-resolution/3

Which look, Sanders voted against as he should.

None of the amendments were going to pass and don't give Republicans any credit for voting for these amendments either.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Hulk Krogan posted:

If the amendment didn't matter then why did Booker vote it down?

Same reason Cruz voted for it, some arcane political calculus

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Breadallelogram posted:

I realize you've all moved on to another subject, but how exactly is it pointless or counterproductive to get an amendment added to a bill that is definitely going to pass? like wtf kind of argument was that?

Because the Republicans control the house so even if Republicans had allowed an amendment to pass (they wouldn't have) then it will get stripped in conference anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

Hey chapheads, a dude who was protesting with Antifa against Milo Yabbadabbaduopolis at University of Washington got shot by a right wing reactionary at the J20 protest. If you guys want to throw any money his way, that is a thing you can do.

support are troops

The shooter is claiming he was a protester too and thought the victim was a Nazi, very weird http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/police-release-man-arrested-in-uw-shooting/