Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

What kind of RAID we talking about? A simple level 0 mirror or are you gonna run RAID 10 for maximum redundancy?

I personally am not willing to risk my guardian on a striped mirror but I can see the speed freaks trying it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
shameful, xzzy

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

This week better be vault of glass :argh:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm pretty sure it will be. DIdn't they already confirm it?

People have already figured out the new oracle order and found that killing gorgons is doable. They don't get more powerful as you kill them now but they do respawn.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

xzzy posted:

What kind of RAID we talking about? A simple level 0 mirror or are you gonna run RAID 10 for maximum redundancy?

I personally am not willing to risk my guardian on a striped mirror but I can see the speed freaks trying it out.

NEEEERRRDDDD

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Tei posted:

Hot take theories for Destiny 2:

- Hunter are removed from the game
- You can fly with your ship in the loading screens some sort of minigame bullet storm shotenup
- Theres a barber in the new social area, and based on your race you are not allowed to enter it (robots)
- Matchmaking for RAIDs. You start every raid with 16 players. The map gets filled with enemies and when only 6 players are still alive, they can proceed to the next stage of the raid. The dead guys can start matchmaking again.
- You can remove your helmet and even use has a weapon
- Batman detective movie, you can matchmake / random create missions where you explore random space hulks. Gravity in these relics is randomized and events too.
- You can equip a pocket dimension (housing). In this pocket dimension you can have crota inside your garden, killing cabals
- You can bet real world money on Osiris games
- "Prostitution mode" reduce the playable area of the game to the top left in a tiny box, so the rest of the screen can be use to show the streamer persona shirt-less

poty

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Legs Benedict posted:

NEEEERRRDDDD

You play a 3 year old game where immortal space wizards shoot time travelers and living skeletons for a living.

NEEEERRRDDDD

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Ehroar and his group killed 390 crota in one sword. Turns out a whole bunch of debuffs stack on him: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sMnII0LkTno

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
God drat

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BattleTech posted:

Ehroar and his group killed 390 crota in one sword. Turns out a whole bunch of debuffs stack on him: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sMnII0LkTno

oh man this is loving great

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

xzzy posted:

You play a 3 year old game where immortal space wizards shoot time travelers and living skeletons for a living.

NEEEERRRDDDD

I'll get you next time

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Can't wait to go back to the Vault of Glass again in 2020 when they rererelease it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

FishBulb posted:

Can't wait to go back to the Vault of Glass again in 2020 when they rererelease it.

its outside of time man, every release is both the first and last

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Tei posted:

- "Prostitution mode" reduce the playable area of the game to the top left in a tiny box, so the rest of the screen can be use to show the streamer persona shirt-less

I support this

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
I realize it's an AR that isn't Necro, but I dorked around with a Soulstealer last night and it was fun. People were unprepared to take a zillion bullets to the face. Really good players aren't fazed, so it's lobby-dependent.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Tei posted:

Hot take theories for Destiny 2:

- Hunter are removed from the game

But how are we gonna know who the screeching retard middle-schoolers are if they remove Hunters??

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes, all AR's are decent right now. I think 100 rof auto rifles are "best" (on the rasheed walrus scale it has 9 heavy sighs out of 10) and it's relatively easy to get a good roll on soulstealer's.

Based on games last night though, a good hand cannon is still king. The high elo dudes who have mastered mobility will destroy everything in their way.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Mikey-San posted:

I realize it's an AR that isn't Necro, but I dorked around with a Soulstealer last night and it was fun. People were unprepared to take a zillion bullets to the face. Really good players aren't fazed, so it's lobby-dependent.

I got poo poo on by a doctrine in trials last weekend. Was awesome tbh to see somebody using that.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tei posted:

brb smoking a huge bowl and then finding grimoire that back-justifies this

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BattleTech posted:

Lol looks like me and the boys on Ethan's mom

No bubbles though because we don't use protection

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

el B posted:

I quit booze for a little while, guys. I'm smoking waay more weed these days. Way more.

Do it while you play, go back to the 360 days where goons ripped bongs all the loving time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The PGS thread has that title for a reason

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Mill Village posted:

Do it while you play, go back to the 360 days where goons ripped bongs all the loving time.

I'm gonna do it!

Fun fact, I finally remembered to cancel my Xbox live subscription this year. I haven't played Xbox since Destiny released.

el B fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 3, 2017

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

BattleTech posted:

They could do that because they kept the second sword from Ir Yut. They only used two debuffs on crota, weapons and viking funeral

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
uhhh weapons isn't a debuff :colbert:

there could be melting pointing in there and we'd have no way to know

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

With illuminated its a 35% damage increase.

Viking funeral is what 15% increase?

Thats pretty hefty.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
New Monarchy bullet hose rerolled slightly to HCR, PB, and CB. HCR might be funny on that.

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Apr 4, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Templar challenge is no teleports.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I just found out that the lead writer for Halo:4 and Mass Effect Andromeda is now writing for Destiny 2. There goes my hope that they might improve the story this time around...

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Atheon : One Oracle kill per person each damage rotation!

Sleeper was doing 300k with bubble, 6 sleepers can one cycle him.

Well 5 in any case.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Apr 4, 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Did they change the oracles on Atheon? I remember they were all on Venus/mars and the people who get teleported are random each round.

Or do they expect people to enter the portal to help out? That's loving dumb, who does Atheon like that?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Standing outside on Atheon by yourself loving sucks

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
There's always that one fucker in a raid group who says "I can get through the Gorgons by myself" and then trips a Gorgon.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Or do they expect people to enter the portal to help out? That's loving dumb, who does Atheon like that?

Looks like that's exactly what they expect, the challenge modes have always required something other than the easiest and most common strategy. The three people outside have to enter to get their kill, but always having at least one person outside to prevent a wipe.

I guess what you have to do is have everyone shoot the minions before picking up the relic, relic guy gets first oracle and takes the relic, the other guys get their two, then the door should be open by then so relic guy exits and posts up outside it to cleanse everyone and guys 4, 5, and 6 can run in, kill, and run back out before they go blind.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Apr 4, 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

Looks like that's exactly what they expect, the challenge modes have always required something other than the easiest and most common strategy. The three people outside have to enter to get their kill, but always having at least one person outside to prevent a wipe.

I guess what you have to do is have everyone shoot the minions before picking up the relic, relic guy gets first oracle and takes the relic, the other guys get their two, then the door should be open by then so relic guy exits and posts up outside it to cleanse everyone and guys 4, 5, and 6 can run in, kill, and run back out before they go blind.

Oryx challenge actually revealed a superior way to do the fight. :colbert:

Sending people in to the portals to help out on oracles is loving dumb and unnecessary.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

moist turtleneck posted:

Standing outside on Atheon by yourself loving sucks

"Dude just chill in the car for a minute, we'll be out in a sec and then we can go to the bar"

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That Atheon challenge sounds stupid as hell.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

TaurusOxford posted:

That Atheon challenge sounds stupid as hell.

Bungie playing to their strengths, then.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

xzzy posted:

Oryx challenge actually revealed a superior way to do the fight. :colbert:

Sending people in to the portals to help out on oracles is loving dumb and unnecessary.

Sending people in to the portal was a thing that made sense for a short time. If you had people dyiing in mars, or failing to do enough dps to kill the oracles (maybe because they where noobs withouth the proper weapons?).
Is something risky you do to fix something that is already broken. So is not a strategy anything, is a desperate move to save a run. Maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I mean it's a boss you can kill in 1-2 cycles. Yeah it's not an easy or intuitive challenge but it ehhhhh whatever.

• Locked thread