Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Destiny 2 schedule of events:

10:00-10:30: thank the pile of retard streamers playing with fidget spinners in the corner

10:30-10:55: discuss the ways in which lore is important to destiny and the community

10:55-11:10: ask very uncomfortable developers vague questions about design goals that can be answered with platitudes

11:10-11:12: show trailer

11:12-11:30: please clap

11:30-11:45: gameplay footage of deej going to eververse and showing off new emotes and other microtransactions

11:45-12:00: discussion of gameplay reveal streaming schedule (one per month)

:negative: Too real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
2 hours

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Imagine if they'd bought some servers instead of aircraft hangars

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I knew it was asking too much to hope that I wouldn't see deejs stupid loving face today

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao Titan zavala mains warlock

Extremely problematic

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow that's a big one

Everything 4v4

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Noooooooo solo sperg pandering

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Better be bots or lfg because gently caress that poo poo

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Two primaries? or some kinda SMG as a secondary

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
WE FINALLY GET TO GO THROUGH THAT DOOR

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

CheeseFactory posted:

So many new weapon types. Good

Seeing elements on what should be primaries too. Also seems to be just the same 3 as before.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
There doesn't seem to be a very big leap in graphics. Which I'm fine with, fingers crossed for 60 fps

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here come firefight

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bone Krew [BONE] Big Dicks and Comvertibles, you die twice and you're bagged and kicked, human being

lol

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did Zavala get AIDS or something, his face looks a lot slimmer

Oh, it's because he's been playing warlock

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yo, I'ma take back my home... or die tryin

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
So that's definitely not 60 fps, or maybe it's just the stream. Still hope for PC I suppose :sigh:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

OdinsBeard posted:

This dude made it sound, momentarily, like the beta was going to start now. rear end in a top hat.

Yeah I got my hopes up for a half second as well

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serf posted:

Did they say anything about that rumored PS4-PC cross-save thing? I'd love to be able to play the same character on both platforms.

Nope. Also seemed like they said the PC version would be out on the floor but then Activision dude said it was being demoed on PS4 Pros. Gonna have to wait for impressions

actionjackson posted:

Have they addressed whether the list of people that refuse to play with me carries over

lol

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

No

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffle House posted:

uhhhh gently caress I didn't pick a pre-order yet, I'm now having a difficult time choosing between PC and PS4

I'm buying both :rip:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffle House posted:

Sigh. Yep, I'll get both, especially if it Cross-saves, that'll be great to switch back and forth.

If it cross saves I will double dip on literally every DLC, but if not then I'll really only buy it on PC to tool around and see if it runs any better. Seems like an easy way for them to make extra money considering everything is done server side, but what the hell do I know?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I liked the bit at the very beginning with Zavala being rezzed over and over

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man I really really hope the raid doesn't get dumbed down to accommodate all the lonely nerds out there

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
One hit stickies have been around since Halo 1 and I am Real Mad :colbert:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's not unlocked, somebody said 60

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh nice, I was going off what someone posted here. I have a 165 hz monitor as well, so this is good news

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
And text chat!!!!!! :woop:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Interesting.. I dunno about OHK body shots for snipes, but I can get behind snipes and shotties being heavy.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

All special weapons we had in D1 are now equipped in the heavy slot. It's how Bungie is "fixing" the shotgun warrior problem once and for all.

They seem to be adding "light" weapons to go in the old special slot, such as sidearms and an smg.

I think from the way he explained it was that primaries and secondaries can be equipped on either slot, but only one is energy based or elemental

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also I didn't see a single fusion rifle anywhere, was that just me?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm still gonna post in both threads, idgaf

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not even going to dispute that, because I would've said the same thing a year ago and I'm not a hypocrite

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Frankly, I'd stick to playing PVP on PS4 anyways because I have little experience using KB+M and would likely get cleaned up trying to use a controller. Although I am thinking this would be the best time to switch to a XIM

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

Using a xim is nothing like kb&m in a PC shooter, especially for Destiny. The game has the slowest max turn rate of any FPS on any console and this naturally levels the playing field between controller and xim users.

You've told me this before, and man, for some reason I hadn't even considered that it wouldn't translate well between console and PC versions of D2. Crud. I still think I'm going to do it, because it has to be at least a step above using a controller. Most of the people that have them seem to be believers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Character screens

• Locked thread