Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Legs Benedict posted:

They made a big deal about how the Splicers are experimenting on the Hive. Like a 98% chance they show up in the raid

Honestly my only complaint with the story of this dlc is how your Ghost is like " oh yeah splicers are just a thing from fallen houses that we just haven't seen or mentioned ever before, anyway here is an info dump about them, got it?" It would have been better if it was more like, "whoa, what the gently caress are these new creepy fallen dudes?!" and then you spend the rest of the story missions learning about them.

But I guess it's a moot point because I'm just going to keep playing anyway. Dammit Bungie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Any of you Destiny babies want to run Vault of Glass go ahead and add PadreChester on PS4. I need to do it for a quest and it's a lot of fun.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Obsurveyor posted:

I'd go too, VoG is my favorite raid. I thought I had Feenix on my friends list but I may be thinking of Xbox 360.

I am in for this as well. Really want to finish my NTTE quest.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

blue engrams seem to lock at 340. the blue drops from bosses aren't actually engrams iirc, they go into your inventory decrypted already

I've gotten blues between 340-350 at least.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
God drat these new heroic dailies are no joke. Used to be an easy 15 marks but Skolas is making me his bitch. At least Supremacy is fun.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
As much as I'd like to carry my character over, it might make it easier for me to make the switch to PC if I didn't have to worry about character transfer nonsense. It's probably a garbage rumor anyway but I would be super stoked to play Destiny on a nice PC.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Haven't had any blues go higher than 340 since the weekend. Guess people were getting to 360 too fast or my luck went all to poo poo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Whew, good to know I'm just dumb as gently caress.

Also it's kind of a played out joke at this point but I hope when Destiny 2 comes out the thread is subtitled: They called the 4th Destiny Destiny 2.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I really can't see why they needed to start giving us lovely greens for weapon mats when a) you can buy them now (and armor mats too which frankly was even worse) and b) it's trivial to hit over 340 and now you're swimming in trash blues again enjoy the mats.

e: it's like there's a team that's been working on solving this problem since y1 unaware of all the developments since. "Hey guys, we finally solved that weapon mats supply issue" *emerges from vault of glass rocking chatterwhite and VoC*

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 29, 2016

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I call bullshit on those rumors. I actually have a friend at Bungie and even with their friends they are secretive and cagey as gently caress with even seemingly innocuous info. If the leak is from Activision it might mean something but otoh I don't expect Activision to be that involved in the actual development.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lol. I replayed the final ROI story mission and it makes the Lords of Iron look like incompetent bitches. Not only was I able to successfully set off the self destruct (wtg Jolder, couldn't even die right) I made it out alive. loving clowned on those overwrought idiots.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think you can just redo the ghorn quests on your alts for that.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Obsurveyor posted:

He's the giant knight on the Dreadnaught that you have to jump through the crack above a door to get to.

loving hilarious that they've never bothered to fix that.

Bummer about the exotic quests. You can pick up the same SIVA clusters with alts to count for that and I'm hoping the hard story missions can be farmed with alts too because gently caress doing the Khostov and Ghorn quests on hard.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

haveblue posted:

You don't even need an alt to farm hard story missions, it's completions not uniques. Google whichever one is shortest and run it 10 times.

Whaaaa? Oh god drat. Gotta be the Mars one for sure.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ohrwurm posted:

I remember when your purple could turn into a blue! :corsair:

drat dude put a trigger warning on that poo poo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I've only managed to hit 356 and I planning on getting in there because it will be one of the easier ways to get that ll a little bit higher.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Just went up against a team of loving lag switchers in the god drat daily. Didn't realize that was still a thing, especially in casual games.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Anyone up for some crucible? Trying to do the crucible quest that I've neglected for so long and just getting 5 rift kills with an active runner is loving dire with pubbies.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Looking for a third for trials, see psn PadreChester for details. Scrubs only please.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

minusX posted:

(B) did you have to do this
I was thinking that drops could be trusted
Did you have to ruin what was farmed now it's all gated
Did you have to hit me where I'm underleveled baby I couldn't raid

:golfclap:

If I get that stuck in my head every time I see that quest name then everyone else should too.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
What the hell do you spend your marks on above 360? Class item and hope like hell it decrypts to an artifact?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

haveblue posted:

Blues decrypting into yellows appears to be new, added in the ROI patch.

This happened to me the first week and I just thought that it had to have been a purp I hadn't noticed. Mine decrypted into a 359 Red Death.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Alteisen posted:

Devils Dawn, skeleton key/possible drop from Sepiks or the splicer priest.

No worries SRL is coming back in December and they've had to change the entire physics engine to unfuck the collisions, just something we'll have to live with.

SRL will probably be up where Saladin used to be, eh? If not it would be hilarious if they just never opened that part of the tower again. Hope you remembered to grab that ghost!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
LMAO if you didn't get Thorn back in y1. I think it was my first exotic.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I hope that's addressed in Destiny 2. I usually just drop down below and then come back up to find Archon's Forge groups, but last night I was wandering around and headed that way and I ended up walking with some other dude. We waved at each other and kept going and he just vanished at the top of the stairs, leaving me alone at the arena. Love those instances.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Thread really living up to the new title, it seems.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Came in here a few day ago and laughed at everyone who didn't have a Thorn from y1, not realizing 2 important things: ya'll just want it for the book, and I apparently shared mine long ago and can't even buy it from the kiosk.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
God dammit I had a bunch of raisins from last year and I did some vault cleaning when I got ROI and deleted them all because I was like, "they'll never do anything with this stupid joke item."

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
God drat the sweatys are even determined to ruin the goofy sparrow racing for everyone, aren't they?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

How does one get sweaty at SRL? You either win or don't.

I feel like I'm in the master competition bracket or something, with crazy track exploits and a single mistake basically dooming me to last place.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I always wonder when the SRL botch starts who I, a player who doesn't even like the mode, is able to reliably win and place top 3 all the time.

http://guardian.gg/en/profile/1/A%20Buff%20Gay%20Dude/29?state=srl
I got 6th on each of my first races on the new courses and then top 3 every time save one (and the two races I had to quit).

Don't you play on the Xbone wasteland though? Probably has something to do with it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
There's also the extremely fun thing where you're lined up for a gate and some loving dbag comes out of nowhere to ram your rear end and you miss by like a millimeter. I'm just salty because I'm trying to get class a but I keep doing 2nd or 3rd for the whole race and then getting hosed over in the last lap.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Rubbin is racin

poo poo's worse than the first corner in a Forza race.

Also god drat the kill enemies challenge is the last one I have yet to achieve and it's super obnoxious. They should make the enemies more dense.

:colbert: /salt

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 21, 2016

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Good lord the Siva Heroic Strikes are painful with pubbies. I mean, that probably goes without saying but they just cannot stay alive.

On that note it is cool and good that SABER 2 can now one shot you.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I dunno man I guess I just need to get gud but some of these feel like a kick in the dick. On the one hand, I like the raid mechanics introduced in some strikes now, and the new splicer tanks not being as bullet spongey is nice, but god drat I am rusty as hell and feel extremely fragile.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
When the gently caress did glimmer get so scarce? I'm using my glimmer producing items and yet I'm still scrounging like a fiend to be able to afford weapon mats, armor mats, and upgrades.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Ah balls don't know if I've got any of those sitting around anymore. Thanks anyway though.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
lmao I just realized you can do the Dawning book stuff with the regular siva crisis strike playlist. I might get this booked finished after all! I guess the rewards aren't as good but it's so much easier than doing heroic with pubbies.

Anyone interested in doing the Nightfall and Challenge of Elders tonight? I need CoE for the Dawning mission and the Nightfall is the only book thing I will need teammates for.

PSN PadreChester

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

CoE is easily soloable this week. Just equip a hand cannon and jump and shoot the bosses. Takes 5 minutes.

As a fukkin scrub I am skeptical of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

knilob posted:

Worth a shot, right? The only thing you have to fear is being consumed by the darkness.

Word. Going to see if I have any hand cannons that are at decent light level. Most of my stuff is sitting around the 350s because I hadn't played much after the last big LL update.

• Locked thread