Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Did I get a good one here? The scopes are Eagle-Eye, Shortgaze, and Ambush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Middle perk is Rifled Barrel.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

PVP would be interesting if the only secondaries were sidearms. Having secondaries that can easily outclass most primaries is a bit much.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Turkey Farts posted:

Don't trigger the hunters itt. It makes their autism flare up.

I thought he was talking about lagswitchers. Even a very average player like me has to deal with them now.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I just get suspicious when I get matched against a party of red bars.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Ive seen a few judith d and first curses this IB i really dont get the attraction.

The Judith can two shot the lower light level players. If you damage someone enough before they get behind cover, the explosive rounds can finish them off. Plus the explosions do the same amount of damage regardless of range.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This game is great for solo queuing today. I keep getting matched against full parties, and laggers tea-bag me.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I don't know how you guys play Control solo and actually enjoy it, or is it just Iron Banner Control that's so lovely?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That Omolon sniper looks pretty cool with that scope. That's from the gunsmith, right?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

I don't know what's better, the meltdowns or the meltdowns

the meltdowns' meltdowns

meltception

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

There's even a sound effect when you ads with scopes. You can hear the ammo belt move when you ads with a machine gun.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

el B posted:

The Overwatch thread is currently having a debate on whether adults with children should "be allowed" to play in competitive games. Like Trials of Osiris, a team member who disconnects or times out in Competitive mode will not be allowed to join back in.

It's basically "dude Wtf are you serious?" vs "even if your children don't need your attention right now (they're asleep, another parent/guardian is watching them, kids aren't home etc..) there might be a situation that comes up in the middle of a game where your children might need your attention and you'd have to leave the game"

Whatchu guys chatting about in here lately?

If I gotta poo poo I'm leaving the game ASAP.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Roman posted:

The Crucible lead guy is teasing a "long awaited feature our community has been clamoring for" so if it's not custom matches i don't know what the gently caress.

They're getting rid of skill-based matching making?

Not gonna happen.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

actionjackson posted:

Got my new internet setup, 77 down 5 up ethernet. However I also got a 56k modem when I went to go red bar

Shoulda got 3G cellphone internet.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Can this thread have a Gallyhorn pointer for today?

make it happen, mr xurtal

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This Redditor deleted all of his characters for Gallyhorn day. :chanpop:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6RCA32UT_1Y

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

i could watch this all loving day :allears:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

hitchensgoespop posted:

I know you get a 280 ghost once you hit L5 but do they drop at you current LL in the after game loot shower?

You get a 320 Ghost at Rank 5.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Gonna join the Bone Krew because this game is dirt cheap this week. Just need to find a place that has it in stock. :negative:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

FishBulb posted:

I think it's cheaper to just buy the new one in the collection or whatever and wait a month

Meijer has TTK for $10 but they were sold out when I went there. I just need to find it at a store that will price match it.

I'd just go to Walmart, but they're loving retarded with price matching now.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Got my name on the Bone Krew spreadsheet, and I applied for the clan.

Now to convince my Xbox that I have an Xbox Live account. :ughh:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I haven't played any PVP on Xbox yet, will my 0 ELO make things playable for you high ELO guys?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think I read in one of the developer interviews that the new raid is more about action then choreographed routines like King's Fall was. You can make mistakes and it won't be a wipe.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

If the update is out the 8th does that mean the vendor weapons will change as well? I kinda want the Hawkwind in its current form before it's gone.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The product descriptions also make it very clear what comes in each package.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Sorry my fresh low ELO couldn't save us from that last game of Control. :negative:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The hip-firing damage bonus no longer applies, just ads.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

The original name was better. :colbert:

I think Boner Buddies would be even better.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I might actually try Boolean Gemini in PVP now. I do think the perks should have been merged, though.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Another currency? Why?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I remember when that and The Stranger's Rifle were the things to use in Crucible.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Earlier this week Bungie decided I should have red bar powers all the time. I have green bar connections in PVE so I don't know what the heck is going on. My internet is fine.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

FishBulb posted:

How many of ya'll have actually seen this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=163_C5UVU-I

cuz gently caress

I made it to the Paul McCartney hologram and closed the tab.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That sounds like something he should say after a 25 killstreak.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Any time Trickle is included in any modifier set I always make a similar post on here that I hope gains some traction or at least inspires another post that gains traction and winds up somewhere Bungie can see it:

Trickle is the worst modifier in this game and takes away many of the unique things this game was supposed to innovate on. NO, THIS IS NOT ABOUT DIFFICULTY a good challenge is welcomed any day. The issue is that Trickle makes things BORING which in my opinion is worse than if content was just too difficult.

Trickle takes every defining aspect of Destiny's game play and stifles it. We are SUPPOSED to be Space Zombies with God powers, so WHY is there a modifier that instead makes us CoD soldiers with no abilities? HOW is it fun to give us grenades, melees and supers and then say, "well now you can only use them half as much!"

Some people like Trickle, and that's fine, some people also like shoving light bulbs up their asses. The majority of the people I know just tolerate it as a modifier and grab a Monte Carlo or guns with melee and grenade recharge perks, resigned that they have to pigeon-hole their play style (something I thought went against Bungie's philosophy...) in order to get their abilities near-when they are used to getting them. But why do we have to tolerate a lovely, counter-intuitive modifier? I don't get on Destiny to compromise or tolerate lovely game choices, I get on Destiny because I want to have fun playing the mechanics unique to this game and not just any random FPS where you don't have abilities.

Trickle is boring, please remove it as a modifier. Until then I will continue to not participate in any activity that has it for the week, and I will continue to post my "Trickle Sucks" posts until it is removed or the community ties me to a railroad tie, tars & feathers me, and sends me out into the wild.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Are you making sure to tea-bag after every kill?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Rep Packages, Nightfalls, and POE/COE still drop light-level appropriate loot.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

Pretty sure the xbox has a way to see the total amount of time you've had the game running but I'm not sure where it is now.. it used to be when you were comparing your achievements against someone on your friends list.

Its in the achievements section again. MS took it out for a long time and it came back with last major update to the OS.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

FishBulb posted:

I want gloves that give increased accuracy. Come on bungie live a little

Gloves with increased range for handcannons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

texaholic posted:

Just noticed the raid auto is low Rof/High impact variety and destiny tracker has it listed with a magazine size of 59, is this a database error? That seems way to high.

http://db.destinytracker.com/items/621603243-genesis-chain#5

Not really, it has Focus Fire which makes a PVE only weapon. Focus Fire is comically ineffective in PVP.

• Locked thread