Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Tbqh everyone should do this. The more people do it the sooner bungie fixes either their rigid SBMM or the ability to do this.

I appreciate your meta joke since we all know that Bungie would rather shut down the crucible until they implement a fix to your workaround rather than dropping SBMM altogether.
The only time they begrudginly caved in to something was about handling a 320 ghost shell in Crimson Days after seeing the data about suicide pacts on Reddit, and if we really want to be malignant it was because the Activision board had already to suck up the idea that Destiny 2 was going to come in 2017 rather than in 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Next time this but titan bubble train. :allears:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BlindSite posted:

Dwindling player base is not an argument for more sbmm. Its a bigger reason just to put everyone in the same pool and doing it by connections.

Yes, SBMM might have helped the christmas kids not getting a load of A Gay Buff Man in the face, but semi regular people who were going to drop off after capping their characters at 309 were going to drop the game after seeing crucible was going to be too "unfriendly" as well. So SBMM, which was going to be a losing proposition, was even worse due to the bad timing.

If Bungie wants to shield noob they should make a playlist with bots, call it Shaxx's Kindergarten and then kick them out to regular crucible once they enter the second match.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

No a dog told me

When he got his grasps did he get a dogroll?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

You're welcome. Next time I'll add the screen with my PSN name.

Protip you can also use textfx to add a "do not steal" caption.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

xzzy posted:

Sony fucks everything up, now game developers are saying they're the only reason we don't have cross platform multiplayer yet.

While I agree with you, it's a really odd argument to have in a thread for a game whose developer could not put the new DLC maps in rotation with the old maps when the game was divided into base game and two expansions. Can you think about the director? Everyone would play Control without the lovely Playstation Exclusive map and not join Control with the lovely Playstation Exclusive Map.

Oh too bad, this week's nightfall is the exclusive Vex Lemon Party Strike on the Moon, you skip a round guys.

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 22, 2016

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Cerv posted:

lol wondered why I had 3 care packages at the postmaster this morning. Didn't even recognise it was the old Collectors edition stuff.
I hope Bungie let everyone keep it and don't refund the chumps who paid a year ago.

*cough*srlbook*cough*

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Hey guys I created a backpack and now it won't me log in at all ~ A division player

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Rip Rasheed

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

CheeseFactory posted:

Its breaking the player base of an almost 2 year old game down into even smaller skill based chunks.

I really hope the gamescon PvP announcement will be something more than just showering Youtube superstars with money.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Obsurveyor posted:

Holy poo poo, Destiny networking is so loving terrible. There is no reason why they can't be detecting situations like that and just booting the player for a lovely/tampered connection. Networking is absolutely not that unreliable these days. They need to get real aggressive with stopping this poo poo.

They don't even need to dish out bans.

Just dish out weasels if they see that there are sudden blackouts between communications over a certain treshold and stop when the connection "magically improves".
Since both PS4 and Xbox Ones aren't fully broken yet Bungie could use analyze the networking data received by up to 11 consoles to find out a single person who is lag-switching the others (or see the same data between different games for stuff like trials). All without requiring people to use the cumbersome report function.

CheeseFactory posted:

But if they ban that player they won't be able to buy DLC.

This is why bungie will always be the soft touch. Sucking the australian connection bar cock and asking for seconds.

The real problem is that a single redbar doing network manipulation (and not a countryside/offcontinent redbar with a lovely isp) can sour many and many and many other people from buying the next DLC, but at this point, (red)barring any surprise announcement for ROI, I suspect Destiny 1 is going to die as a P2P game instead of adopting centralized servers. Of course Bungie does not want to hit people who just have lovely ISPs.

Oh yes, it also does not help the fact that reddit pro-gamer kids with aids who play sweaties are pushing the "report" button one billion times if they see a yellowbar trying to get a sterling treasure in freelance 3v3. That is not helping anyone.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Blackfyre posted:

One thing that I don't get is why this game doesn't really seem to be taken all that seriously in Europe, UK deffo. Never seem to find many people playing raids etc in the UK always get US players even when picking up pubbies.

At least here in Italy all the pro-reviewers, ex-pro-reviewers and head honchos of the gaming blog shitposters decided that it was just a game for calladooders and proceed to poo poo over it, poo poo over it when there are new news, and telling people to go and spend 2$ on tactical military FPS for steam nobody but sperglords plays. Basically it's like the brown sea back there on bungie.net, but in mariospeak.

In any case there is a decent chunk of people using facebook.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
La Juventus è una banda di ladri, ma poco importa. Il calcio è corrotto a partire dalla Fifa e passando per la FIGC, haha. W la fifa e che dio la benedica.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Seriously though I hope Bungie redesigns button assignments in this game. I shifted to puppetteer then I swapped triangle with circle on the ps4 OS just to have weapon swap on circle. The problem is that now I have to remember that "triangle" is go back and "circle" is weapon upgrade as well.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BlindSite posted:

Is puppeter some sperg poo poo like claw?

Nope, it just swaps crouch and that useless function for targeting people that uses the right stick. In bone terms B with Right Stick Click. The rest is untouched.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

sinking belle posted:

Can someone please explain what "sweaty" and "AIDS" mean in a Destiny The Video Game way, thanks

"Skirmish-only-no-exotics" and "/r/crucibleplaybook" (The PVP professional sub-reddit)

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Seriously, I hope the PVP unveil at gamescom is just a series of slideshows with Marty O'Donnel original music going

"Bungie Presents"

"Its love message to PVP Pro Players"

"Go back to Smash Bros, lol"

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

texaholic posted:

Anyone else see that Coe is no longer curated by bungie starting next week. Completely random modifiers and bosses. One bonus modifier and two difficulty modifiers. Could make for some really lovely weeks.

Isn't COE stuck on a 13 weeks rotation? I think it's going to start again from week 1.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

texaholic posted:

In the this week at bungie update yesterday, they said it was all random going forward.

Good to know.
Make my Trickling Qodron great again!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

xzzy posted:

Hopefully ROI completely kills off nightfall so we never have to hear about it again.

Way to turn it from a cool thing to do once a week to a guaranteed waste of time.

This emptyquoted every single page until release.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It wasn't cool in year 1 sans a burn either, people were just forced to do it for the XP buff.

And the flames!
You could pretend to be space goku.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

almost as bad as the people who want destiny to cater to solo players

Well, the April Update fixed the game for solo players. Are the devs bad?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

As if someone who planned a destiny themed wedding wouldn't have all copies of the game and all the DLCs for the four platforms

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

moist turtleneck posted:

And people say autism is a bad thing

BTW how is rasheed doing? Really hope he's fine :ohdear:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I am really happy Bungie is putting many possibly game breaking items in the game, in time to make them obsolete in Destiny 2 if the dickless prostratz community cries enough.

I will be the one rocking the thorn on a no super striker titan :getin:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BlindSite posted:

Im glad that after teabagging thorn jerk offs in yr 1 and 2 I will be able to continue in yr3.

I'm more waiting for 6-man bubble trains with everyone holding the superfast super charger.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Making kids upset in r/destinythegame by stating how unfun was 2.0 at launch never gets old.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

actionjackson posted:

I have to retire from control. Since I'm over 1500 elo on guardian.gg Bungie thinks I'm a God and after one win I get repeatedly put in games where we get destroyed. Last one was 20k-6k

Is it doable or viable to destroy your ELO by losing in the crucible? Like, suiciding yourself over and over by feeding people in rumble.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

The Meat Dimension posted:

If Destiny 2 is September 2017 we've got a lot of content ahead of us

Rotfl

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

two years for custom matches, lol

Two years and 110$ later, lol.

And seeing the health of the community Destiny did not need that, lol.

Also congratulations to Bungo about keeping PvP reputation in, can't wait to be an annoying rear end in a top hat by calling out the retards who use that as an excuse for not visiting the normal crucible, lmao.

moist turtleneck posted:

I've got an idea just do regular style crucible matches and get rep levels slightly slower but also not look like an autist

:same:

:same:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Dopants posted:

Source? Not that I don't believe you, but I'm interested in knowing more about this.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/destiny-six-years-in-the-making-gdc-2015/2300-6423668/

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Maker Of Shoes posted:

tfw when you and the bros poo poo on people so hard you all Mercy out an IB match and cause 12 people to rage quit.

6 man push to own inside and just keep them out. Black Shield is loving horrible for Clash

gg Wrecks

You need to buy SA accounts for Dream of Osiris and that other guy.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Also, are boners going to enter the MLG tournament? Tell me that boners are going to enter the MLG tournament.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
The fratujous cape is ugly.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Moar like fatujous.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I too am waiting to come home and be a slave to this bad game for one year more! :black101:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Happy siva hunting non-working poors! :black101:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

ElNarez posted:

-Strike unique rewards will now drop up to 385 Light
-Exotic Engrams can now decode up to 385 Light
-Faction Packages now drop items up to 385 Light

:jizz:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Daily Log In Modifier - Trickle

lmao

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Destiny bone krew keeps their bods tight. It's hard not to when you're lugging around a 20 pound python between your legs

I don't think that's how you are supposed to use the kinect 2.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Went to dock 13 but found the door to the steppes closed.
Haven't checked out the Hive seeder cave yet.

Is the old part of Old Russia accessible while in plaguelands?

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Sep 21, 2016

• Locked thread