Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

haveblue posted:

Netcode has been gradually improving but isn't perfect. Proximity voice is probably never going to happen, and no one would use it if it did.

The netcode's been dying for me for awhile now. Could do all this stuff perfectly months ago but now I'm getting that Beetle error every other day, and seeing where poo poo like it takes forever for the social space to load and suddenly everyone's dumped into the entrance or a strike suddenly lagging out and everyone's dumped back a checkpoint. I have no idea if it's my connection or Bungie's servers are just dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

xzzy posted:

It's probably you because the servers Bungie does has are in AWS, and the actual game is run p2p.

Best case it's the people you're playing with.. there's fewer people playing the game so you're more likely to get stuck with some red bar piece of poo poo on the other side of the planet.

Oh, that might be the case. I've got 300 down/100 up, never had that problem before back in the Summer when I was doing raid stuff, and the last time I looked at my party after the Beetle thing happened earlier today the only other guy was a red bar player. It was just really weird that one time I loaded the Iron Mountain social space and it took like 5 minutes and when it finally did load like a dozen people all simultaneously dropped down by the fire and stood around confused before running off to do whatever. Didn't know what to make of it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah I want that VoG armor more than the Crota armor.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

el B posted:

I tried soloing CE a few months ago and I couldn't get past the death singer. Not sure if they mentioned this in previous updates or not, but the liturgy of ruin activates waaaaay faster than it used to. I kept running out of time before I could put any real damage on her.

I soloed Crota's End a few months back as a Titan for Flawless Raider and I thought Death Singer was simple enough to take care of. When you enter Crota's chamber, you jump up the wall to the left, dip into the left chamber to kill the death gem and bait out the witch, run to the back left upper chamber to avoid the death blast and take out the witch from afar (or maybe it was bait out the witch first then kill the gem) and then you circle around the back of the room to the upper right chamber to avoid aggroing the Death Singer, then you repeat the process with the right chamber. When the Liturgy begins, you run in the chamber, jump on the sarcophagus facing the center chamber and, if the Death Singer didn't get aggroed, you can just dump some sniper rounds into her head from atop the sarcophagus to kill her. It took me a few tries to get it down right because sometimes I'd move incorrectly and the Death Singer would move away from her default position and I'd be hosed. It was kind of tricky though to get down.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

yeah that's how i felt after spending so much time on it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

look i just want the loving shirt

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

will my grimoire score carry over so i can jerk off with my escore

yamdankee posted:

Destiny Amiibo

GameStop's apparently got Cayde-6 figurines as pre-order bonuses for D2 or something.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

i will earn that shirt

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

It's taking forever for me just to prepare the download. PSN must be getting curb-stomped right now.

Yeah just hit 69% in preparing (nice)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

texaholic posted:

gotta watch some gay cinematic before landing in the tower, sad!

Look the Speaker didn't get to say poo poo in the last expansion just let the creepy mask gently caress do his thing

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So you're saying I should buy another palindrome okay

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Can't wait to find out what hot weapons I have to buy before they become outdated like my Clever Dragon that no one likes anymore?

Also waited 15 minutes for a download I prepped to start and finish in 2, heck yeah internet!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Good to see Cayde-6 is getting that main event push.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I wonder who will step up to fill the mid card

Shaxx.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

scaterry posted:

Shaxx is at the announcer's table.

poo poo, you're right. How about Xur, and he's got the Eververse vendor as his valet.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Bungie's said you get to keep your character (if they're past level 20 and beat the year 1 campaign) but will also have "veteran honors" planned for those who played in Destiny 1 which I assume to mean you can keep your grimoire score and maybe we'll give you an emblem. Or maybe it'll be like Final Fantasy 14 where you get a different opening cutscene if you came from the original version.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

haveblue posted:

Hope Bungie knows what they're doing, they haven't released an in-house PC game since 2001. Then again, their first try at PS3 was more or less perfect so they probably have a handle on this.

There's a rumor that there's 3 studios in total working on Destiny 2 content, not just Bungie and Vicarious Visions, so I'd totally believe the third one would be some cheapo studio doing the PC port.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Nah it'll be fine they'll do a lovely PC port, that dude who fixes PC games in sub-5 minutes on NeoGAF will do some unsupported mod to make it work, and life will go on.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Also loving lmao the cabal are deadlier than a Hive God wielding the power of the darkness and a time traveling robot that can control matter.

And PC? Really? Lmao no one will buy it on PC, it's a bungie shooter.

look the cabal didnt get to do poo poo in destiny 1 just let them have this

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah okay that's all well and good but what I really want to know is where the gently caress is my Destiny 2 PS4 Pro bundle.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

"THEY BLEW ALL OUR poo poo UP!"

well i guess there's worse excuses???

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

what the gently caress is this bag someone explain it to me

ElNarez posted:

I love that Bungo consistently characterizes guardians as complete dipshits who only care about loot, jumping on tables and dancing

Are you saying they're wrong?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm gonna hold out for that PS4 Pro bundle. You know they're gonna do one. Gimme that white PS4 Pro Bungie.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

the good fax machine posted:

What looks fun? They didn't even show any gameplay. :confused:

I think they mean "tone". Like I remember Destiny 1's trailers being all about huffing their own farts over how important everything is and super serious this is the new Halo, and this one's only half that.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

FishBulb posted:

Is there gunna be a PS4 pro bundle Ive been contemplating getting a PRO for Destiny 2 anyways

give me the white ps4 pro.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hahaha I just checked how much the ugly bag edition is up here in Canada and its like $320.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Mr President posted:

It's because Sony signed a major partnership deal with Activision at the beginning of this console generation. It's the reason why Destiny and Call of Duty trailers are shown at PlayStation Events pretty much exclusively outside of Activision's initial reveals. Same reason the Crash Bandicoot remake is even happening.

iirc Sony has said they treat Destiny like a surrogate first party (homegrown) franchise and had some weird advertising agreement where it's only legally allowed to advertise the game for being on PlayStation. I remember Microsoft got in poo poo a few years back doing some wink-wink perfume ad that was actually a Destiny ad.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Officially developers aren't allowed to give PS4 Pro users an edge over PS4 Peasants but sometimes you get situations like Battlefield 1 where it just happens anyway.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I will wear my helmet and never take it off because why would I want to see my gay robot face instead of my cool good gay exotic robot helmet

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hey Bungie here's some free statistics: i want more guns like hard light that shoot pew pew lasers. It's the loving future i want more laser guns

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Our characters are present on Bungie's Destiny site thing for like the 3D viewer so I'd believe it if all we had to do was connect our Bungie account to the game and it'd be like "Oh we see you played Destiny 1 somewhere before".

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Can I raise the Crota myself? Possibly with an app? Remember to feed your Crota!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm going to do them because I want that node completed in the book but otherwise??????

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

hahaha rip

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Scientists race to unearth the secrets of The One Man Who Likes Destiny's Story.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I have 300 down/100 up and I still get stuck with poo poo South American red bar gods, get 'contacting destiny servers' errors in the loving tower, and a few times a month I get kicked out of strikes for beetle or cauliflower or whatever error code Bungo thought up.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

FishBulb posted:

Anybody actually done the Gorgon cheese in VoG? We've tried it a couple times now and I guess we suck at cheesing things

Yeah, I've done it a couple of times with groups. There's a couple of videos on YouTube but the idea is that you have everyone except one person return to orbit, the remaining person runs through the maze solo, reaches the jumping puzzle to come out of the darkness, then double back to the original passageway. It'll be blocked, but at this point you just stand by the blocked passage (some videos have the guy kill themselves with a grenade to make sure the respawn status stuck) and everyone then rejoins on that guy, where they'll spawn in at the beginning of the maze with the respawn status intact. The last guy transfers fireteam leader status, jumps out, and hops back in to join the group. At this point everyone can have fun killing stuff but when you're done everyone has to return to orbit and come back because the blocked passageway will remain blocked and you need to restart at the checkpoint as a group to revert the world state. This means the gorgons will come back, but at that point you'll have your node cleared so just run the maze as usual.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

No it's fine you see all you have to do is buy this 10 year old ethernet adapter peripheral and

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Grenade-only match let's go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Maybe the Cabal incursion is in DestinyDB

• Locked thread