Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Is schmeo a goon?

Is he the greatest destiny goon of all times with an entire season of the year shooting space men?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

deadwing posted:

My girlfriend played the first mission when the game came out, said "this game sucks" and never played it again

She's way smarter than me

Whats her coding like?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Will the ROI raid be available from launch, or will it drop a few days after Tuesday?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

FishBulb posted:

I hope so. After running KF a couple times this week it's just so time consuming, I mean I'm sure a lot of that has to do with how we hadn't done it awhile but still. I also hate the no revive mechanics too. What a load of unfun cat poo poo

That seems to be the go to "hard mode" for bungies raid so id e suprised if we dont get that again

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Considering the raid drops on Friday, what do you usually need to have done before you can try the raid

Will you need to have banged through the new levels?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I fancy a go at doing it blind and very quickly LFG will turn into "must know the mechanics" so unless you have a regular raid group you need to get in on the ground floor

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Ularg posted:

And chill goons are the better players to play with. Not the "I will be the #1,205 player to complete the raid or I will boot you"

Problem i have with that is im in the UK, so unless i want to stay up until 4AM raiding its impossible to co ordinate.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

FishBulb posted:

Yeah. That's like a big blinking don't play with me sign

I accidentally LFGed into one of these groups once, they were a bunch of gigantic fuckwads.

A kid who was about 17 or so also got pulled in but didnt have the right guns and they just gave him a gigantic hard time for the totems and the Warpriest. He bailed and they were all furious that he dared drop out despite them having given him poo poo for the last 40 mins or so. I grabbed the next CP and bailed also, lifes to short to deal with grown men acting like pissy jerks

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

sinking belle posted:

ANyone got a leak of the ending cutscene yet? Want to make sure I dont watch it wrong when I play the campaign later!

If you don't reflex start mashing buttons every time a cut scene starts then idk how you can be helped tbh.

Physician, heal thyself.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

So is there any point to clans now? Did they add anything? How do I get into the goon ps4 one if so

Clan support is no built into the in game menu so you can see what clan mates are on line, but you cant join them or get them to join you if you aren't "friends"

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

LOL loving rekt mate

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
If your sitting there watching a number go from 217,000 to 216,500 then i suggest you take stock of things and either come back in a few hours when its fixed, or go to bed and play in the morning.

If its daytime where you are, maybe take your dog out for a quick walk around the park, if its nightime or late, maybe dont go outside but perhaps watch some netflix.

The new season of Narcos is pretty good, catch up on two episodes of that and check back in, maybe its fixed, maybe its not but soon it will be.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Is the PS4 clan as fun as Bone Krew? I just want a group of hard men making hard decisions

No.

Pissy manbabies one and all.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Is Y3 Thorn tied to another quest, or can you buy it if you had Y1 Thorn?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

FishBulb posted:

It's a quest

I hope its more brutal than the last one and PvP games are filled with people pootling around with void snipers getting 4 kills per game.

Although wouldnt private lobbies make it a moot point and something that everyone will just LFG?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

ephori posted:

What's the rec'd way of spending the exotic engrams and faction packages I saved up? Blast through them right away like Christmas or work through the story for awhile first? They're burning a hole in my vault.

Usually wait until you've done the missions and bumped up your LL a bit.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
A fancy boy on Reddit confirmed that the Y3 thorn quest needs 125 void crucible kills but has no penalty so its basically "welfare thorn"

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Time to raid...on Friday

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
How the gently caress are people pushing 355/360? already?

I started out at 334, i ran the main missions, ran some PVP, cashed in my albeit meagre stash of engrams and spent all my marks on vendor items but thats only got me to 342.

Ive also got around 1000 motes for some reason stashed away so i ranked up two packages in my faction which got me some cool stuff and bumped me up a few levels but im still way off.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Yes, level advantages are disabled in Crucible

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
You know what i do when someone shotgun kills me from an unreasonable distance and seemingly out of nowhere?

I dust myself off and get back in there because im a man goddammit

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Kumo posted:

How do you find drops for the Archon Forge?

Theres a wizard or some poo poo as soon as you spawn in the plague lands that drops one everytime

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

xzzy posted:

So you're implying a woman would give up? That's sexist!

1v1 me brother, lets settle the war of the sexes once and for all...

*no shotguns*
*no heavy spawns*
*no shoulder charging*
*primarys & heavy machine guns only*

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
But that 1 time is really quite shocking, can give you quite a fright

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
One thing it has done is make the strikes fun again. If your sub 150/160 you seem to get guaranteed decent loot and you can just sweep through them like you did before. That wont last obviously but they are fun for now at least.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Just got booted from three strikes, mid strike, one of which was at the boss fight.

Raid launch is gonna be interesting

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Is this something to do with the new ARG?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Too busy crying over the cutscene at the end of one of the exotic quests

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Raid Drinking Rules:

1. Everytime you wipe, drink 2 fingers worth of your drink.
2. Fall in the jumping puzzle. 2 fingers.
3. Wizards. 3 fingers.
4. Contacting destiny servers. Finish your drink.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

FishBulb posted:

If you don't like the content don't play the game. Who cares shut up

This.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
LFG.net is already fuill to the brim with " must be 370 and know what your doing" posts.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
When O when will the HM of the new raid be released?

I need to make sure ive got a few completions under my belt before then as finding NM raids when HM comes out is super hard.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
What's the quickest way to get a 360 ghost? RNG?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Some nerd has data mined the IB bounties.

Reddit has them.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Its amazing how quickly LFG has gone toxic over the new raid.

People are now demanding 375 light and the emblem displayed when you join to prove you've completed it. The stupid thing is from my understanding its not even that hard to complete compared to KF which makes people gating the activity even stupider.

Its not like the totems, you can explain the first three encounters in a few seconds.

I understand if people want a fairly quick run or would expect people to be 360 to 365 but the levels of snark there currently is overwhelming.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Pinely posted:

there's an inverse relationship between skill level and lfg requirements. the most unreasonable requirements mostly come from players that are straight up terrible at the game.

Yes this is true. Im just suprised how quickly the community has shut out the majority of players in this instance.

And to be fair, people who are 353 asking for no less than a 375 with emblem tom BS etc is about 40%

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I had a blue cartridge that would plug into the back of my Ps1. It would stop games spinning once the security was read off the disk, then you could put a "backup" copy of your game in and play that.

You could buy games from the IT kids who were doing computer degrees in the university halls of residence down the street from me. £15 for 5 games.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Hi I want to buy this game and try it out before I drop money on a ps+ sub can I play single player offline thanks

No. It requires a connection to load you in.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I agree with what "A BUFF GAY DUDE" said the other day.

No way am i spending an hour trying to hop up that mountain for a shader or an emblem, it better be something on a par with TOM or BS for me to even consider it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

FishBulb posted:

If it takes an hour delete your account

Youve been very grumpy on here today FishBulb, whats up, something getting to you?

• Locked thread