Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pneumatic Toaster posted:

In theory, having the emblem, glowhoo, and cryptographic in your inventory would help because you can't have duplicates of those in your inventory. Whether that means it would actually make the pool smaller, or just not give you anything for rolling those is anyone's guess

It doesn't matter one goddamn bit.

It just has a super low percentage chance to drop, and humans love to predict patterns based on limited data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That damage referee should probably be fired because he ain't doing poo poo.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Dunno, need to run crota 37 more times for sharts to upgrade it!!!!!111!!!!!one

RIP OHK body shot Eirene's

http://i.imgur.com/iNBnFdH.gifv

Is that a XIM or are you just hilariously precise with thumbsticks?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Snipe with your left stick, not your right.

I get that, it's just that there's no falloff as you move around. It's two quick, precise movements. Most people are way more "analog" as they move around.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Two responses:

a) get this guy a SA account
b) PS has some really dumb as gently caress players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEJibPXMKmY

(didn't listen with audio so I assume it has a lovely music track)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Note the scoreboard, loving garbage game. Team of six, super chaining, we were getting loving destroyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-wOXWCBjM

But I like to think I actually won with this clip.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Literally the best tripmine ever.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

schmeo posted:

what the hell was that guy thinking.

His failure was long before the game started because dying to a post-patch tripmine from full health means they aren't running max armor.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Waiting for my boss to come in with a printout of that image and being all "okay man, for reals, you're fired."

And then I laugh at him for for using a printer in TYOL 2016.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Those aren't chest bumps, they just want your snorbs.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But they're dead and don't give a poo poo anymore.

Though I guess you have to deal with the scorn of those still living.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think we need to bring back fireball fades in our game clips.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

hitchensgoespop posted:

Has any one had a 335 artifact to drop from CoO?

How long do i have to farm that poo poo for to get that to drop?

I've gotten one every time I've done it. Once I was over 330 light anyways.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

They only drop from antiquated completions I assume?

Yes, it needs to be the hard mode one.

And speaking of sunbreakers getting poo poo on:

http://i.imgur.com/TpnQBI0.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

hitchensgoespop posted:

Cool, ive got stacks of antiquated runes, is it only one rune chance at an artifact per week? Or can i just keep burning them, i have like 7 or something

One artifact is guaranteed on each kill. The very first time a character does the fight you'll get two artifacts.

So yeah, burn them all if you want. If you're still building up your light though I would only use one or two.. save a few runes for when you're 333/334 so you can get some 335's.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

hitchensgoespop posted:

Im 333 so i should be good, i just cant be bothered usually hanging around in that area waiting for other people to turn up and i get sick of the whole "walk into zone" thing where you either get bazillions of randos or your just there like the loneliest guardian of then all

Yeah, the fight isn't hard but randoms definitely make it seem like it is. The stupid poo poo they do for the mini-crota fight would be funny if their incompetence wasn't wasting your time. Find a couple goons to go in with you, makes it way easier.

Though a couple months back I encountered some dude who was a loving monster with the sword. I don't know what he was doing different than everyone else but he could do like 60% of mini-crota's health every time we took his shields down.

If you do want to risk randoms, don't sprint between the zone hallways. The game is doing matchmaking in the background as you move, and if you sprint it will time out and dump you into a fresh instance with just yourself.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And that there is why third eye is a good perk. Gives you some situational awareness when none of your teammates can communicate with you.

Though I got no explanation why none of them heard a fusion rifle going nuts roasting teammates.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Bone Krew Rolling Friday Night Raid Night starting tonight and every following Friday night to get everyone caught up. I don't have a set time or anything. Just picking people up as they sign on.

If I'm on, I'm in. Apparently I've never actually killed HM oryx. :downs:

Though one of my characters has a warpriest challenge fragment that I don't remember ever doing. So maybe this isn't actually my account and I'm on drugs.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

lmao I love this little extra snipe lane on Frontier....the only thing that makes my life complete is to turn your faces into toilet seats, i want to piss on yous

http://i.imgur.com/p65Yvza.gifv

There's one to the left of where you're standing too.. off of the actual bridge, in the grass to the left of the crates. The best part about that angle is enemies have really limited options for countersniping you.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Photoshop makes gluing poo poo together pretty easy now.. just drag the mp4's into the program and you get a simple track editor at the bottom. Never done anything fancy with it though.. not sure if it handles transitions and such.

Will never be as slick as after effects but I don't have a full CC subscription so I make do.

For fancy stuff I just use the consumer sony vegas I bought on steam in a sale.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Solar grenades are so horrible now, Bungie really hosed 'em up.

Only time I've done any good with them lately is on black shield if your team holds the (boring as gently caress) interior area.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It really was. CoE this week got me all nostalgic.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Speaking of poo poo that's been nerfed to hell, everyone check out this rumble footage with the OG Mythoclast from right after the VoG came out.

https://youtu.be/lQeIlojbuz0

Not my footage but I had that thing for ~24 hours prior to them nerfing it to hell and I was a GOD.

I too would be a god at this game if all my opponents did not shoot guns at me.

Dude takes zero damage before the 2 minute mark. Only once his opponents actually start shooting him do you get a feel for how fast that stupid thing could kill. The only straight up fight he lost was against someone with a Suros, which was also hilariously overpowered at that time. :v:

I'm curious how a rebalanced mythoclast would fare today, with the overall improved weapon balance.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

sunday at work posted:

I wonder how much you have to mess with net code to keep a connection that bad going. Surely they had to add some function to keep a match like that from falling apart right?

Just needs a really high timeout, as long as one packet in shows up before the timeout hits that's technically enough for the game to think you still exist.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just play IB a bunch after rank 5, you get buried in ghosts.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Pulse rifle w/ Shotgun is now the sweat meta but TLW and sniping is still really viable.

Pretty much everything is viable right now, the game is in a pretty good spot.

Pick a snipe and a medium/short range primary, or a long range primary with a shotgun/fusion. It's nice to roll whatever suits your style.

A few archetypes are garbage, like slow firing AR's, but they aren't fun to use anyways.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie tried to show us ranks once upon a time in Halo, and it resulted in massive amounts of boosting and account trading because the number was more important than the game.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sorry, Bungie's not pulling SBMM. If you want to crush beginners you're gonna have to get pretty good at generating new accounts.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

No, that's pretty much it. The game is vastly improved from launch in terms of the guidance it gives you for finding newly unlocked activities. For endgame stuff if you're on PS4 you can find teams in a thread in private game servers and if you're on xbox there's a google spreadsheet in a treehouse somewhere.

Did you even read the post? The first sentence stated in clear terms they bought an xbox.

PS4 players, not the sharpest knives.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think to continue this science experiment, once your dummy accounts start getting trials emblems you should intentionally lose games and see how long it takes you to get matched against idiots again.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

On that note the greens aren't actually bad imho. Lots of them can roll perks that aren't available on purple guns (counterbalance handcannon anyone?!?!) and they feel crispy as gently caress. I have a green pulse that has underdog and it has a great recoil pattern. It's a big contrast against every purple pulse that makes me feel like a limp wristed bitch-made guardian with every trigger pull.

Yeah, some of them are legit good weapons. Like during Y1 there was a max impact/range blue shotgun you could get and every once in a while you'd encounter someone using it and wrecking house.

One of the hidden stats tends to be lower (one I can think of off the top of my head is the y2 blue Rift Valley, is a slow firing high impact machine gun that seems promising, but has the worst aim assist of any Y2 machine gun) but kill pretty good when your shots hit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Is this poo poo ever going to come to PC?

A Windows version of Destiny isn't completely impossible, as Microsoft is pushing hard to unify xbox and windows. It really depends on what kind of development effort it requires.. if Bungie can just push the xbox build onto the windows store, we might get it. But either way I wouldn't hold your breath.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You'll run into issues if you try to play the patient game if you don't have a 6 man fireteam, especially in Clash. The randoms will invariably charge headlong into the fight and flip the spawns, meaning you're now by yourself and surrounded. So you get killed, spawn on the other side of the map, and discover your idiot teammates are already pushing back the way they came.

It can happen in control too, but not quite as often.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Reddit person discovers that the exotic class items are reducing your xp per kill instead of increasing it because they're a sperg that keeps deleting and remaking hunters:

http://i.imgur.com/CSm11wJ.gifv

(watch the number at the end of the xp bar before and after equipping the cloak)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

So this happened in a Trials match earlier: https://youtu.be/0LEieGtW5W4

How the gently caress this is even possible is beyond me. :stare:

The game does have a glitch/feature where if you join a fireteam on an in-progress game, but it's the opposite team that has an open slot, you will join the wrong team.

Maybe that's sort of what happened here. Like the other team dropped or quit and Destiny did its best to make a game even though it should have just given you a win and dumped you to orbit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It was a bit of a surprise to see "PaulaDeensGunt has added you as a friend" pop up on my TV last night.

I turned off notifications while watching TV so my wife doesn't have to see all the hilarious names you guys come up with. :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Booties posted:

I need some xbone Boyz to run the raid with me tonight, hard mode. Thinking around 8pm est. Let me know if you want a spot saved.

Pencil me in, I should be around but can't commit. Don't be afraid to give the spot to someone else if they're available.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They should have an IB where it's all the game modes randomly selected.. including a six man elimination mode.

But you'd end up playing rift all night anyways because RNG keeps rolling 1's.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Even if it works it will be poo poo because it doesn't fix the fundamental problem: everyone on the internet is a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Can never have too much arm infusion bait because arms are the one armor piece where there's a lot of options.. need a fast reload for each weapon type, and maybe a mix of melee speed/grenade distance as well.

• Locked thread