Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How well does Slack handle multiple accounts? Because I already use it for work and if it makes it a pain in the rear end to use two logins then gently caress that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I am driving to New Mexico in a few weeks to photograph the Perseids with a couple gaming bros. Meeting cool dudes is cool.

Only thing I won't do is game with co-workers, it ends up awkward because I feel like I have to curb my language or it'll come back at me later. And if it turns out they're poo poo at games, how do you avoid playing with them without lovely excuses? :iiam:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Man...sunsinger grenades are loving trash now. :(

Remember, Bungie made those change to give people more options to build their character!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I had to check behind me because his body just completely loving disappeared.

http://i.imgur.com/hQVyO7t.gifv

Shoulder charge probably should have killed me but whatever.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DON'T RUN AROUND CORNERS AT EYE LEVEL

http://i.imgur.com/CbLwzl7.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

schmeo posted:

I may start the habit of holding on to heavy for a while and letting the other team blow their their loads early. Not that I was a spammer before, but I would just run around with heavy out.

It's the pro tier choice, and anyone who uses machine guns is used to it because they can't compete with rockets. So you let everyone else frag each other in 2 seconds then you can clean up without risk.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

vidocs aren't SOCIAL MEDIA so they got binned.

Because kids hate youtube now and don't even know what it is.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A constant flood of maps would suck anyways.. you'd never get a chance to really learn all the angles before something new hits. Eventually you'd hit a point where there's so many maps to play, you never really get to see your favorites anymore either.

If you play two hours a night you're only going to see ~8 maps total and Destiny already has more than that available. And given their RNG has a habit of pulling the same map two or three times in a row you'll see even less.

There's also the issue where if they were cranking out 2-3 maps every month the quality would get even worse. You think shores of time is lopsided now? Or that one spawn on twilight gap is bullshit? It would get way worse than that pretty quick.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Drain 001 posted:

Yeah if only they had worked on a franchise that had 15 years of maps that they could draw inspiration from.

Destiny has two halo maps, they're called First Light and Bastion. You never see them anymore because they're loving garbage.

Halo is a completely different game.. has effective vehicles, power weapons you actually have to fight for, slower movement, and less vertical movement.

Different games require different map styles.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Just because the core gameplay mechanic and gear treadmill are satisfying/addictive enough to make people want to play the poo poo out of the game doesn't mean there's a ton of content.

Destiny is probably the most egregious AAA title I've ever seen when it comes to lack of assets and asset reuse, ffs they just spent an hour streaming about a new sparrow, another batch of enemies built on slightly modified existing assets, and a "new area" that's the old area with snow and hosed up boxes and crates.

And remember last gen consoles aren't getting this update so the excuse of "well it needs to scale down for old hardware" is completely null.

Live team is just a remix team. Take old poo poo and try to make it sound new.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SpookyLizard posted:

Can bungie even remake Halo maps? Do they have any rights or is all owned by MS and 343?

Technically yes, but it's unlikely anyone would care. Unless it turned into a PS4 exclusive map which would be loving hilarious.

Can't really copyright the placement of boxes anyways. Just name the new map Bloody Gorge and make the bases squares instead of octagons and what is Microsoft going to do?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

You're not schmeo you can't talk about copyrights like that

it's a free country!!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm at 1084, maybe ~1000 hours is the goon average. :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Raymn posted:

I haven't played much in a while but I still like to occasionally do Iron Banner. What light level do I need to be to not be gimping myself by having slightly lower damage than max?

Anything over 320 should do okay. You'll lose on some fringe cases but if you play smart you'll do fine. Over 300 is doable but the gap starts getting more noticeable.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Roman posted:

are ghost shells dropping as IB rewards? because that's the only reason I was playing today and it seems not even a perfect roll pulse & xim can help me

They enter the drop pool at rank 5 then it's basically all you get.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shotties are bullshit again/still. No one's using anything else. Even snipers are way down because they actually require some skill and why bother when you can just run at someone and get a guaranteed kill.

Don't know how you change that, they need a higher skill ceiling though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

fennesz posted:

Oh sorry I wasn't really trying to say shotties are OP. I just wish your primary was your primary sometimes.

Well you should be. :v:

Either give them a four round maximum inventory or cut their range in half. I'd be fine if they were a panic situation tool you use a few times a match but I'm tired of dudes running around on the hunt with them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Booties posted:

Doing the raids blind is my only joy in life. You guys are way too harsh. It's just a video game. Chill out, the earth isn't going to combust.

No it's stupid because there's always that one guy that's all "SIGGGHHHHHH why are people dying this time?"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rick_Hunter posted:

You mean like a sniper rifle...and a sniper rifle?

Hopefully the new raid has a whole bunch of conflux style defenses where it's all shotguns all the time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nope, I'm keeping my halo 2 emblem until the end of time.

Also, my night in a nutshell:

http://i.imgur.com/xmFwkit.gifv

(and for the record, I threw the grenade because I saw the red border on the CP and it was just a reaction. only on review did I notice that there were not actually any enemies on the radar)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

I only saved one pooped on moment from last night

My technique differs but is just as effective.

http://i.imgur.com/jIFM6nT.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Obviously the fix for the game is that pulse rifles get a damage bonus against anyone wielding a shotgun. Congrats, two problems dealt with!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ranking doesn't matter in IB, in fact you want to avoid rank 5 as long as possible so your pool of potential drops doesn't get cluttered with the ghosts (which seem to have a huge percentage chance). If you want guns you want to play as many games as possible for rank 3 and 4.

You can get drops at all ranks, but anecdotally the chance of a drop seems to go up the higher your rank.

if you finish your weeklies and save them for Sunday or Monday you'll hit rank 5 no problem.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"lol no"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Oh goodie. Xur is selling no backup plans

At least defenders have to get a kill before they become invincible, unlike strikers who show up to the fight with stupid damage resistance.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like the stupid way-too-late attempt to blink out of the danger zone.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also, always be knee sliding.

http://i.imgur.com/XF9yi5n.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

No a dog told me

Did you give the dog a pat on the head?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm glad you put the destiny header at both ends of the video, I started to forget what game I was watching.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sony fucks everything up, now game developers are saying they're the only reason we don't have cross platform multiplayer yet.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

mmmm swords in IB

Someone was using arc edge the other night and wrecked like half a goon fireteam with it.

Course everything was wrecking us so that may not be saying much, but with a bit of luck swords can do cool things.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

UR plus NBP plus sidearm is pretty fun.

Except on long range maps like shores of time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

fennesz posted:

Yeah, maybe. I just don't get Bungie's boner for symmetrical maps. Maybe this is why :v:

Much easier to balance, fewer exploits to unbalance matches in sweaty games because both teams will have them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I actually used fabian a bit today after someone was talking about it last night. I had some okay games, but it's inferior in every way to my counterbalance/braced frame arminius. Fabian is certainly fun when a UR rear end in a top hat charges at you in a straight line and the gun starts shooting ten billion bullets a second, but at mid ranges it's loving garbage. You only win against scrubs.

It either needs way more stability/range (like monte carlo) or more impact.

The cute little shields should give you +1 armor too. :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I have never been able to drag snipe even though I fully understand how it works. There must be something up with the way I watch the target and my crosshairs that make me unable to do it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Someone forgot what subclass they're running.

http://i.imgur.com/Ijah20H.gifv

Also I love the timing of this, it needed the audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1np0e8k_r3g

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I didn't see a single UR today, probably because I was playing with some lower skill bros and it kept me from having to face off against the sweaties.

I'm not great but I think my rank gets inflated a bit when I play with wrecks/rasheed and it screws everything up for a while. Then I play with normal humans and things settle down and the game is more fun.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Best shotgun counter I've come up with is a bullet hose and fusion rifle combo. They're the only things out there that have a consistent chance to kill a shotgun rusher before they close to OHK range.

Each weapon works differently though, fusions are better for sliders because you just arc your bolts downwards and should be able to roast them. But the AR is better at range.

Omnipresent strikers are a hilarious counter too. Was rolling with four titans yesterday, all of us had armamentarium on. Routes were constantly blanketed in lightning and rushers didn't have a chance.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's me, the guy in the party room on Twilight Gap wrecking your poo poo with a Thesan.

Thesan is cool and good but I tend towards my Ashraven's these days because it gets 7 rounds from every special crate. :v:

After the 9 minute mark I can main that fucker the rest of the game if I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

IB drops felt pretty steady to me, but I attribute a lot of that to delaying hitting rank 5 until today. It kept ghosts out of the pool and I got several drops. No god roll weapons but a bunch of infusion bait which I was running low on anyways.

I also got two primary exotic engrams which are super rare for me (it's almost always heavy or helmets) so that should be nice to have in my pocket when ROI launches.

• Locked thread