Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You can srl in custom games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

* everyone checks their vault for a radeghast artifact *

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes #5 in a game no one plays and no one pays attention to anymore.

The only people that care about ranking are the spergs at the top of the ladder and the poor dumbasses that still play this stupid game and get dumped into a game against them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Servers would be nice

Matchmaking would still pit you against 56k losers from Brazil.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Plus golden gun is by far the most effective super for this mode. The fist three people you see? Dead.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I turned 40 two months ago and I'm not even the oldest boner. So now you feel happy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

So they got saves to work between PS4 and Windows, but not Xbox and Windows, the two platforms that can run the exact same binary if they put out a universal app?

Just Bungie things!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm still waiting for Xbox Live Videos to merge with OneDrive

You can do this, if you enjoy the feeling of pounding nails into your dick.

You have to trim and save the video in the editing app on the xbox itself, and when you export it has an option to save it to your onedrive. But it's not a default option so you have to click it every time. Also editing videos with a controller is complete poo poo. Also you're actually using two apps, one app to find the clip you want to save, and another to actually edit and publish it.

So if you're into excruciating pain you do it!!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

Jesus Christ almighty. I'll just attach my USB drive overnight thanks.

Yeah, I click the download button in the Windows 10 xbox app. It's silly but at least it's effective.. once I got the file on my hard drive it's pretty easy to trim and get on imgur.

or you can use xboxdvr's imgur export, which is probably the gold standard of what microsoft should have done.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Unfortunately for them the "replace it every couple years model" that cell phones have gotten us used to comes with the unwritten agreement that the new phone you get is the most technologically advanced hardware available at that point in time.

So as long as console manufacturers are foisting systems with 5400 rpm laptop hard drives, why would anyone crack open their wallet for a few extra percentage points of processing power (to play games that still have to run properly on original hardware)?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ularg posted:

Just lol if you think this is Bungie's fault. Thought you were better than this xzzy!

Woah dude that's a pretty sick burn, you gotta pace yourself.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

gently caress 60 fps, give me a game that doesn't take 5 seconds to load my inventory or pull me out of the menus when loading a map.

And a higher tick rate so we can have better variety in effective weapon archetypes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Menstrual Show posted:

That wasn't even a burn you cranky old man

Cool you detected the joke.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I would expect them to crank up the social space stuff before toning it down.

Hopefully they crack that 3 man fireteam barrier for patrols!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

loving around with bros in sandbox worlds is some of the best fun you can have in a game. It doesn't last very long because it turns into a grind pretty quick but until you get to that point it's the best ever.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

yeah this is gonna be hours of talking about history and goals and dreams and how important the fans are, and 30 seconds of shooting a phalanx shield with a hand cannon.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Floppychop posted:

The problem with pure CBMM is that is that most games turn into an unfun stomp for the players that are merely average.

Certain people are just really good at games, while the majority are average or worse. and many matches end up being one shark or two in a pond full of sardines.

Yeah, it's fun for those really good players, but everyone else is hating it.

So the compromise is to make it unfun for everyone? That seems like poor decision making.

Only way I'd be okay with the current configuration is if red bars didn't top score every loving time. Neuter them and life would be tolerable.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dedicated servers won't do poo poo to fix the lag. Glitchy fuckers playing on a 56k modem in Brazil will always be glitchy fuckers playing on a 56k modem in Brazil.

All dedicated servers might buy you is it's slightly easier to penalize laggy players so they aren't unstoppable murder machines. But this requires Bungie to actually admit it's even a problem.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Opening cinematic will be our ghost flying around the forgotten shores trying to collect the pieces of our guardian that Rasputin spread all over the place.

"eyes up guardian. well, one eye. I could only find the one."

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jason Jones didn't know what Xur was when D1 launched.

Truly a PHB.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Waffle House posted:

Yeah honestly I'm seeing banhammers being swung fast, hard, and often

Good job policing a game that no one will be playing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

love this meme

*looks up playerunknown BG*

130,000 active players in the last half hour

oh

It's not a meme, it's verifiable fact. PC is dead.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Even if you buy it for all three platforms you'll never beat Alteisen for money spent on this dead gay game.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

trash person posted:

I bought Overwatch on Xbox PS4 and PC I'll prob end up doing the same drat thing for D2

Three is less than four.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The spinning icon that shows up when it's trying to fill a game with players should look really sweet at 165 fps.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

All special weapons we had in D1 are now equipped in the heavy slot. It's how Bungie is "fixing" the shotgun warrior problem once and for all.

They seem to be adding "light" weapons to go in the old special slot, such as sidearms and an smg.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I heard the reason crucible is 4v4 only is because they were worried about matchmaking times on PC.. it'd take forever to find 12 players.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

Frankly, I'd stick to playing PVP on PS4 anyways because I have little experience using KB+M and would likely get cleaned up trying to use a controller. Although I am thinking this would be the best time to switch to a XIM

Using a xim is nothing like kb&m in a PC shooter, especially for Destiny. The game has the slowest max turn rate of any FPS on any console and this naturally levels the playing field between controller and xim users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

texaholic posted:

Liking the new perks on those weapons they all seem useful

Too bad Bungie hasn't done a goddamn thing making the descriptions more useful.

"well-rounded, reliable, and sturdy"?

:fuckoff:

• Locked thread