Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

What up destiny goons? Some crazy poo poo went down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Adregan posted:

A wild Soulex appears!!!!!

Yeah man.

Medically discharged from the Army, about a week away from moving to San Diego where I will go to college and learn how to be a responsible member of society!

The medical discharge itself took loving forever. I was also told that I wasn't gonna get an ETS award because I was flagged previously for height and weight. Like it's an ETS award, not PCS you cunts.

While all that was going on I was passing and failing a class in college. Passed with an A, and the other one was an F because I didn't have time.

I miss you guys what's new?

Fake edit. Totally sorry about the video. As you can see, things are different now.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

A million times this. Y'all can call NF worthless now and I don't really disagree but the way it was laid out in Y1 was the actual feces. Now I can do any of the weekly activities in any order and not be forced to always play on Tuesday night to sneak in on a NF team because literally zero people wanted to do it by the time Thursday or whatever rolled around.

Night falls were the poo poo back then and I loved them. Are they completely worthless now?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Roman posted:

you no longer get kicked back to orbit when you wipe (making the name Nightfall meaningless), no more 25% XP/rep boost from completion, you can still get exotics but usually get lovely legendary stuff like class items and custom horn sounds for your sparrow. you can still get good stuff from NF but it's faster and more fun to just use 3 of Coins from Xur and kill bosses anywhere else in the game

:negative:

Sparrows have horns now? The last time I played was like jumping in a few times to race a sparrow when that shot first came out.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Slackerish posted:

Is Rise of Iron as bad as everyone says it is?? I'm thinking about rejoining Destiny but I last left off on TK with gear level 314. Is the new content worth it?

I just started back up. I'm hoping it is.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Confirmed. It gives you gear.

But no xp. So enjoy grinding all the stuff out.

Starting from scratch is actually a bit refreshing. New lets me relearn my habits. I've been dying a LOT less and doing a lot better making use of cover and working angles. CSGO helped me be more aware of my surroundings and poo poo.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

serakyu posted:

Are there any active goon guilds on PS4? I'm usually on very late (usually around midnight for a couple hours) and never have anybody to group with or ask for help. I'd love to be able to try some of the raids and nightfall, but I'm having a rough time finding regularly active players.

PSN: serakyu

Add me: Soulex13

Apparently you can't transfer Xbox one to PS4 so I'm back to square one.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Soulex is a quality person and gently caress PS4 for taking him.

(I may have three separate Xbones that have all bricked at various times sweet Jesus it's a horrible console iteration due to the UI)

Also I have sure as gently caress two shotted people with the Palindrome but I don't know when or where.

Thanks
Xbone crew still awesome as gently caress
I just got tired of never having anyone to play with via other games and I couldn't handle the time commitment of destiny. I had a lot of real crazy poo poo go on in my life, friends died, I was removed from service, moved, had another kid, and more I'm sure. I'm not back back, but back enough to check the thread and make a lock real fast. He's like 25 or something.

Angry Walrus posted:

Add me if any of you need help running a raid or nightfall or just wanna group for Crucible. I'm on fairly often but only one of my friends actually plays this game and the PS4 Destiny thread is dead, so I'm forced to either turn to LFG if I ever wanna run something big or just not play significant chunks of the game. PSN's MirandaClass

I'll add all you dudes in a minute. Got to let the dogs out and wind down for the day.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Number Ten Cocks posted:

To be fair, my experience is only with nations of brown people shooting at me so it might not have been fully relevant to Wreck's anticipated scenario.

Yeah, I'm a vet too, but I'm not an arrogant or ignorant rear end in a top hat about it. Get hosed idiot.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I'm not sure how offering Wrecks practical advice about being shot at was arrogant, nor what you think I demonstrated ignorance of. Please enlighten me.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I'm not sure how offering Wrecks practical advice about being shot at was arrogant, nor what you think I demonstrated ignorance of. Please enlighten me.

I just wanted to lash out man. Sorry. Angry at the world

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Lot of that going around. I was wondering a couple of days ago what happened to you and how the move to San Diego had gone, ducked into GIP to see if you were still around.

Sorry you got drawn in to our intramural slap fight.

Oh man San Diego is great. I'm just having a lot of my old vet buddies pop up as racists so I'm waaay on edge. That coupled with like the first day of class I had to watch a millennial say "oh and those 2 wars your generation started? Thanks for having our friends die." I goddamn lost it, had lost two friends last semester and I just walked out and bawled my loving eyes out for a bit.

College is everything I thought it would be. Sunshine, yoga pants, and for free.

Sorry again dude. Went back and re-read. Cherry picked what I wanted it to mean. Totally irrational.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Incitatus posted:

You all are forgetting that all guardians open carry.

It's only legal in certain zones

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Twitter.

Because that's a reliable source of news.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Awww yeah

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Buff gay dude is actually a cool buff gay dude.

I miss playing with you buddy :(

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

You level up fast as hell if you do bounties too. Don't forget that

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

actionjackson posted:

What does improved handling on IM do exactly?

Helps you find the clitoris

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Heaps of goons waste their monry on useless poo poo.

Like an SA account

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

It always starts the goddamn strike before I have a team

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

No I mean it starts without finding anyone at all. Just launches it with me solo. I wait and wait and no one joins in.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Angry Walrus posted:

It's probably because you're queueing up for the low level strikes.

xzzy posted:

Or your connection is so lovely that you somehow got below Bungie's already comically lax restrictions.

Both of these are true.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Soulex don't wait. By my best guess it drops people in at checkpoints, like the game looks and checks the fireteam size at various points only instead of constantly.

I almost beat Phogoth by myself at level 22 twice because no one kept joining :(

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Hey so, is exotic farming still a thing?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

haveblue posted:

Not really, the cooldown makes it go much slower and there are many more better ways to get high light gear now

Oh they put a cool down? Rip.

Thanks. Was just wondering if to buy from Xur or just to go farm.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Hahahahahaha. loving forgot all about PvP in his game. First two matches (waiting until I unlock my skills before I full retard in) and brand new maps. First one was 1.29 K/D. The other was well over 3

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The scuttlebutt is they had another internal crazy sesh like the poo poo that happened for D1 loving lmao if true

Got to be consistent right?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Well that and the Fallen are building a ladder

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

And the Cabal have air ships so... maybe a wall isn't so good?

I also don't want to grind out mats for upkeep on the wall.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm very much a lore whore with Destiny but they really hosed the game up story wise from the get go.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I hit 350. Now what?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

How. Can I just buy gear

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

If time was money, I'd be broker than a mother fucker.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

What's archons forge? I thought that was the new raid.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's an area deep, DEEP in the Plaguelands. There's a computer in the corner and you put in SIVA offerings and it triggers a "survival mode" type thing where a couple dozen enemies and then a boss attack you.

It drops class item armor, artifacts, and ghosts all the way to 400, two really good special weapons up to 385, and all other armor up to 385.

With how commonly strike keys drop now, the chests are a great way to get up there, too. Sadly there are no chests or other reliable sources of Leg and Chest armor so you have to rely on the Vanguard Weeklies or Iron Banner

Thanks. Gonna check out this and apparently Gjallerhorn is super easy to get now?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I picked up a How Dare You with ADS = more range. Decent enough for PVP? It's gonna be a while before I either get Thorn or Mida, so I need some good suggestions for weapons pvp style tia.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Are you saying I suck? Because I will fight you

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Meet me by the drinking fountain. We have much to discuss

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Of course the loving PSN is down. Of loving course

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I remember this.

Also Capn. Yes. I moved. I said it like three times lol.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Captain Log posted:

gently caress, sorry. My memory works in a very visual/audio way and the ever changing AVs, Xbox names, Xbox AVs, etc. are tailor made to gently caress with my recollections. I don't forget a voice, or a person, but the names get jumbled.

I get all that jumbled. In fact I didn't even read your post. I scanned it. I'm comfortable that you understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Also please, what is the meta?

What happened to snipers? I used to be good with those. Also not so good with those.

• Locked thread