Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have already preordered the expansion.

See you guys in september!.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

I want to play Destiny but I haven't played since the day Prison was released what should I do

I stopped playing after finishing The Taken King. I could recommend the blades quests. The blades are awesome. All of Taken King is awesome, a combination of spooky and cool.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I just watched a stream of some dudes doing Oryx, .... I have a lot of learning to do, they used a strat I have not seen before. Maybe is the standard now? they killed the ogres and the knigts that break the balls, but they did not touch the balls until the 4th run. They where teleported to the darkness every time, but sniped Oryx head good.

Bungie really did a good job with the raid, having many different strats that makes sense.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Roman posted:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/08/29/introducing-and-breaking-down-destiny-rise-of-irons-archons-forge.aspx

Article about the Archon's Forge

- They wanted a similar feel to an "enemies moving against each other" event with no complicated mechanics
- There's a spectator area, and you go there if you die. But there's stuff you can do to get back in the fight (spending a currency)

I am not gonna lie. This area looks bad. And I can already hear what my groups of friends are going to say (they *hated* prison of elders).

Anyway I am easy to please. Give me some sweetness fights.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

Is a good idea to marry and have childrens? childrens seems to be very annoying, specially male ones. Wifes seems to be everything that is unfun about mothers, into a person you can't just ignore. Do people marry and give birth to childrens just because they are machines made of meat and they are following their programming in their DNA, ignoring every warning and signal from their brain, or theres something good in having a wife and kids? they seems to get in the way of raiding.

Man. Thats is exactly something I could have said!.

I believe is a long con. People get married, have kids, then wait 40 yeas. The plan is to retire and play videogames all day. Or golf. Maybe the next DLC will add a Golf mode. Mini-golf because limitations of the engine.

Destiny is a great game, I can't wait to see whats the next expansion. Bungie are better than your average game developer can make something truly special if they put time into it. Taken King exceeded my expectations, this time my expectations are low, but I still believe part of it will be kind of funny / cool. Hot-Cool. Lava and ice.

Tei fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 30, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

My 3 buddies and I all have Xbox One's and we want to get a game to play together (that isn't Overwatch).

Is it worth getting Destiny? We like shooters and RPGs, we're just wary of buying a game that doesn't have an existing population.

Is hard to say.

Theres a lot of good things to say:
- Even if everything else get tiring, theres always the PvP that is good.
- Every DLC has expanded the game in different directions, so it now feels wide and deep.
- Bungie is one of the better game developers out there, with Obsidian, Valve and Blizzard. A lot of stuff in Destiny is very good.

Then theres the negative:
- Many people have played 700 hours, 800 hours, 400 hours. They are tired.
- This game breath the DLC life of mmos: when a new DLC is released and have a raid, a lot of people return to get to the new level cap, do the raid, and stop playing once they have beaten the raid and surmised it to farm mode. They also quit if they can't surmis the raid to farm mode (for frustration).
- Every new DLC make the old content pointless. Many content can be both very good, but not worth it reward-wise.

Currently a new DLC is going to be released soon, with a raid. So the game is going to gain a lot of old and new players.

I believe the positives outweigh the negatives, but is your money. Honestly, I am surprised people that own a console and enjoy shooters and RPG's are not ex-destiny or current destiny players. Destiny is the best game of the genre (MMO-lite RPG shooter).

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hope the new Raid have a jumping section, these are usually hilarious :D

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

xzzy posted:

Have you not watched the previews? The main feature is nothing but jumping and running while an angry flail wielding zamboni tries to crush you.

Is this why the reaction I sense from this thread is a bit... flat? like expectations are a bit low at the moment.

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 1, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I don't hate the hardmode mechanic. The difficulty has to come from somewhere and having the people that make mistakes watch their teammates play is not the worst way to do it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This look to me like a lag spike. 3 of the shots of the multitool where with the dude frozen in place in your screen, while on his screen he was already jump-knee-meleeing.

Anyway I am wrong 99 times each day, and today I have been wrong only 68 times.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Done, done, and reading up on what Slack is and then I'll do that too. Super glad to hear there's an active community.

It's weird getting into this game in late 2016. The whole setting of "decaying ruins of a once great civilization" seems extra appropriate.

* lurking from the back of the room*

He, some of us are waiting for the right moment to come back to the game. I have the expansion preordered and everything. I also know other people that is going to make a small comeback.

* goes back to lurking *

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I love secretss. If they release something new in the open world, I will start my return to Destiny today. If not, I will continue playing Kittens Game (the incremental game).

I am asking for some dumb thing, like that thing that they added that made players race in and out of the level to get some stuff. Or the wolves attack. Or the blades one (That was slighly weak).

I also love these things for when a level 8 players meets a level 30 enemy and is instally destroyed, that will never stop being hilarious.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This update is huge, 13GB here.

I can't believe Destiny need a 13GB update to balance some weapons.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

xzzy posted:

PSpoor player spotted.

Fun facts: Microsoft invented Microsoft Comic Chat in 1996

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Comic_Chat

This was the best product has ever Microsoft released, and from there the company has only going downhill.

They have made Visual Studio, that is fine, and Microsoft Office 97, that is good for people with boring jobs (I guest), but other than that, Microsoft Comic Chat is the only genuine uninorically product the ever made.

About the XBox One. I have all the consoles, I will probably buy a XBox one at some point. But I kind of can't make a excuse for it because all the games available for XBox seems to be available for PS4 and PC, so I can't pretend I am buying for some rare gem of a game, like I did with the nintendo Windows U , to play Xenoblade Xenoxaga X.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mill Village posted:

Another currency? Why?

It will not be Destiny without 15+ currency types. Is part of the war against inventory slots.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I don't know how timezones work.

How much we have to wait for the maintenance to end?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

haveblue posted:

Expected completion 4PM PDT which is 4 hours from now.

Thanks!. I will sleeping so I hope you guys post whatever new stuff you find :D

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

haveblue posted:

A Tex Mechanica machine gun would be fired with a hand crank on the side.

I honestly loved the slow shooting machine guns. Best weapons until Trials of Osiris changed the meta to rockets, still good if you hide until all the tubes where empty.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

haveblue posted:

Expected completion 4PM PDT which is 4 hours from now.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have always liked thorn. when it was a bad weapon, when it was a good weapon. Always. And the wallhack property was a important part of it. Few weapons in Destiny do things really special like Thorn.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The Black Hammer (or whatever is called) quest was fun. Also many people had trouble doing it (I got it at my second try, but many people failed the first day, so I was like "he, I must be good, then?")

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

back

new stuff?

ahhhhooooiooo?

anyone here?

is 5:47 am here, is not even a hour that exist, that is real, is made of dreams

testig testing

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I detect a enemy in the corridor from the area where you start in the game, probably nothing.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

More details? Siege of the Warmind if you run off course before going up the steps to the final area, go all the way, there's a red wall that is kinda weird and has enemies behind it. Nothing on Patrol but a couple yellow bar knights and one real badass knight at one entrance.

Seen by some random guy on SABER strike (director version)

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

hitchensgoespop posted:

New areas already being glitched into

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmfEURu8n60

Must be weird being a game dev and have this sort of thing start to happen

This make me happy.

Hope this expansion is full of secrets and stuff to find and play with :D

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

So SIVA is called "Earth-Servitor" by the fallen? interesting.

Is like... there ranks. The Great Machine is not just a big Servitor. No any big computer sphere is a servitor. But SIVA is probably a flyiing computer sphere...

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hoped the expansion will have a new patrol activity. Since theres nothing new, I feel a bit bored actually.

I know this expansion is made by the live team, so my expectations are low, but all other expansions added a new patrol activity so this is less that even my low expectations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Getting again in the game is superhard.

Playing Destiny is not like riding a bicycle, if you stop a long time, when you try again you miss all the muscle memory that you have lost.

My favorite area in the game is the Court of Oryx, and is helping me reconnect with the game. I am succesfully getting again in the "flow" of how to play destiny, choosing weapons, and that stuff.

I loving love to nuke a boss in the Court of Oryx. If I can finish a stage in less than 2 seconds, I feel like god, and if it finish in less than 1 second, it feels like something magical happened.

Then... it usually last long, and maybe it don't well. Yesterday I was in a group that failed to kill the mini-crota two times. I was facepalming superhard. They where failing at downing him, so the dude with the blade would finish it. I could do down it with the electric exotic blade, but then I would have to let one of the guys use the blade, and they where bad at that too.

I made 400 spores for our friend crazy girl in the tower, but that did not even got me a reputation package. Spores are still worthless poo poo.

Many stuff in the game is new to me. I have never seen "Spektor" sets before, or that armour that look likes taken. And theres something like a new level of the jail for level 41? something something ancients. I can't try that at the moment, and It would probably be a fail, because my light level is 314 and I am still refreshing my skills. This spektor set have equipable luminifiber, yay. I can now look like a planetside magride. I am not going to lie: looks awesome. Having the ability to infuse any armour piece is the best thing, I hope they don't get rid of it.

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Sep 10, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

FishBulb posted:

YouTube closed captions make the clip pretty great.

yeah
yeah
yeah
twilght kappa

I think they use Twitch chat for the learning engine of this one.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Roman posted:

http://planetdestiny.com/rise-of-iron-story/

About the story and first mission, includes video of the full first mission. I didn't watch it but if you want to spoil it knock yourself out

Full remixed Devil's Lair "Sepiks Perfected"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctqVSqOwQ-I

Well, first impression:

Enviroments are cool, but some story missions you may only do once, so are wasted (is better to have the good graphics in the assaults).

The new enemies are red and ugly in a "made in russia by evil communist virus" kind of way. Is kind of cool, but I have not seen anything in the way of new mechanics, they seems to be only re-skin of old enemies.

I don't like that the modified assault had the exact same waves. I have these waves memorized, a bit of randomness here would have been better, imho.

I like the a bit more mechanics to take down boss. The possible negative here is that seems to made sepiks longer, but thats probably only because this group of dudes where in their first run. They did not abused exotics too much.

These red "growns" you have to destroy seems to be a bit unnecesary and out of place. I guest will be part of the raid somewhere. Maybe spawn point for infinite hordes.

I want to have low expectations, but this videos have raised my hype level a bit.

anyway for real talk: What new exotics we get, if any?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Today is Tuestday.

A expansion is incoming.

All other expansions had new patrols activities added before the actual expansion got released.

I should expect something new today?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I may be a casual, but I don't find anything wrong or strange with the weapons on the game.

Other than automatic rifles having 1/4 of the dead potential in other games, and 1/4 of the magazine. .. but maybe this is necesary so other weapon types can shine.

I am not saying the weapons are good and everything is correct. If you guys say that theres a problem, I believe it. I say that must not be a huge problem, because casuals like me don't notice it.

Anyway, I have never found "weapons talk" all that interesting, except when talking about exotics.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I love the Thorn.

I will take a nerf to it has a indication that Year 3 will have a similar weapon. Maybe a scout rifle with the same effect.

We can't have a whole year without people screen turning green. I don't allow it, It can't be, It will not be.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I just loaded Bastion / Night. So i can see the a war between the vex and the cabal in the skybox.

So these X in the sky are Vex landing pods formations / Cabal flying to space (Is hard to say what faction, they just float).

Tei fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 13, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

CheeseFactory posted:

I thought you already owned Destiny 4?

What Bungie could use, is to put some time to rewrite the mapping tools, modeling tools, ... all of the content creation workflow, with the aim to make it easy to generate high quality content.

It seems that with the current tools, they have been building cathedrals with matches. They produce new content at the speed geological changes. For a bussines model where you sell the content you create, if you produce it very slow, you cant really make much money.

They may even create a procedural algorithm to generate weapons from random weapons parts, similar to Borderlands, but with obvious different gameplay. Terrain could also use heighfields or other type of modelling, that make for them cheaper to make bigger maps, more maps.

With all of this, Destiny 2018 would be basically the same game and gameplay of Destiny 2016, but with more maps, more weapons, etc and the same quality. A order of magnitude more of everything, made possible because they created tools to make creating content painless.

I am saying that 90% of everything that made Destiny into Destiny don't need to be rewritten. What they would benefit from a rewrite (imho) are the creation tools.

Anyway everything is expensive, hard and require talent people putting insane hours. And yet time dilate more than anyone want, and a "Destiny 2.0" could get a 2019 release instead of a 2018 release, maybe even a 2020 release. Good, Fast, Pretty, choose two.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

e: What happens if I have the Taken King expansion and my pal does not? Can we still play together?

This is one of these scenarios you only find in science books but never in real life. Like that cat in the box with poison.

I am sorry but I don't know what would happen, or can make theories about what can happen. Is possible that the game will not let the activity to start, or not let the not-having person to join.
But the data is already on the disc even if you have not bought the expansion.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Winston kills Genji in Numbani.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've played like... 95% of the content in taken king. Is there anything that connects to the Rise of Iron prelude? I watched it and had no clue why there was a hole in the wall or who the only black man in the world is.

No, but on the first mission of the game the ghost say "they are on the walls", and on the 2th the ghos say the Fallen are digging in the cosmodrome searching for something. You can choose to believe they finnaly found it, and it was SIVA.

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 14, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

xzzy posted:

Well it's a prison, not a zoo. I'd say they got off okay. If I was locking those jerks up they'd get a concrete slab for a bed and a bathtub full of water for hydration.

And Skolas sure as poo poo wouldn't have been allowed to bring his stupid fireball cannon in there.

Variks is a really bad warden.

The Prison can be some sort of region of space, pretty much like the hive pocket dimension. And Variks put enemies there by teleporting them. So they end inside with their armies intact. Is sending people inside to make the unwilling prisioners surrender the weapons that is hard. And our task.

The prison of elders is a bit like Australia, when the british use to send there criminals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Roman posted:

Launch trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39jvouEt44s

1:25 - Finally a proper dance floor in this game

It seems we are going to get a CGI.

Some of the new enviroments are cool.

Spliced Sleeper Sentinel with Wolf Pack!

2H Burning Hammer.

• Locked thread