Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i guess this is the new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm all about being an rear end in a top hat but can't we just keep it isolated to destiny instead of revealing your borderline sociopathic enjoyment of mass murders?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
laughing at strangers dying is generally a pretty hosed up thing, yes

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

The Slithery D posted:

Joking about something doesn't always equal laughing about it. It's also a tool to disarm and lessen horror. It's pretty common in the armed forces, for example.

this defense typically works a lot better when you're personally affected by something

moist turtleneck posted:

im gonna laugh when you die 50s raygun

lmao that you'd think you're outliving me

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you already bought a xbone, which puts you at borderline vegetative states of intelligence as it is.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

The Slithery D posted:

Um, you think I'm more likely to joke about my mom dying than some strangers I empathize about? Yep, definitely some hosed up projecting going on here.

I'm sorry yours didn't love you.

considering how clicking on a random page in your post history yielded a first post of 'lol if you don't think the world would be better off if the iraqis were dead' i'm not wholly convinced you get to try to pull the 'i'm totally a reasonable person' defense

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

Shut the gently caress up, you stupid baby. If you're going to post go back to your usual poo poo series of diary entries about how every single game goes.

you're like that kid who sends me hatemail via psn, only you're an adult and ostensibly not a psychopath so lmao

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
at last i can complete my collection of viewtac snipers

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that wouldn't have been surprising even before destiny made it trivial to hit max light and i encourage you to not brag about smurfing in destiny, a game famously populated by people who are garbage at it

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i told a bunch of fifth graders i was the same age as them, and then i crushed them at basketball, because i am in fact not the same age as them. who could have guessed?

i cannot condone behavior that could intentionally or unintentionally lead to bungie somehow making their matchmaking even worse

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 16, 2016

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

BlindSite posted:

I get the argument behind sbmm, what I don't get is why if I roll a new account the connections magically improve.

because for every person who is good at destiny there are 15 shitters? it's way easier to get a lobby of people together in a geographic region when the acceptable pool of people you can draw from for a good match is like 85 percent of the players. hell, probably half the lobbies i wind up in are populated by people from different continents. it's beyond aggravating but even in it's heyday there were barely enough skilled players to go around, and now destiny is two years old.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you know who didn't play y1 when they complained about the sword materials. it took me longer to get the materials to upgrade a single legendary weapon than it did to get those dumb legendary mats

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
lmao what world is that game from

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't really care about spektar pandion stuff coming in crucible packages, but jesus can it at least roll with pvp perks?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

BlindSite posted:

You dont like increased super for killing minions of the darkness and side arm ammo / reload.

'Glory in the Crucible - that is the truest immortality a guardian can attain' on a lovely butt towel that can't even roll loving Crucible Champion

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
look I'm all about the modern pvp experience being poo poo but pissing in a bunch of strangers Cheerios or acting like bungie is 'protecting' them from you is loving mind numbingly dumb

of course they're 'protecting' them from you, you're much loving better than they are. what do you expect bungie to do? put 44 percent win rate players against orchestrated six stacks? the lag is garbage but what the gently caress it's not like playing against these kindergarten scrubs is somehow better?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't really have a vested interest in protecting random strangers who suck at destiny, I'm just pointing out this isn't really going to do much to change the state of things. you're still going to get tossed in the same crappy laggy lobbies as soon as you return to your actual accounts, so what's the actual point here?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
grenade distance is substantially less useful than melee speed on most maps, melee speed lets you trade in a ton of situations where you otherwise couldn't

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
sniper is grenadier/hidden hand with sightsys/longview slr10/tacsys sls15 and ap rounds/rifled barrel/oiled frame

sniper reload speed on the ps gloves/shotgun reload on the regular

pulse has cb/feeding frenzy and oas/focus lens fla5/quickdraw is and speed reload/braced/oiled frame

sniper rifle ammo on the boots. pretty okay.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
has anyone noticed suppressor grenades seeming to uh...not really suppress that great any more?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
http://i.imgur.com/x1tx8MB.gifv

tf is this

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

The Meat Dimension posted:

Bullshit. The AOE sucks :(

i mean how much loving closer could it be to the guy? it's been killing me the past week or so

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
playing with lower sensitivities is a mechanical disadvantage in 99 percent of situations

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think that's a joke about some guy who didn't realize some items were exotics or something

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
714 hours. surprised it's not more, but I took a few breaks.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
strikers survive shoulder charge with arc armor + unstoppable, and with a sliver of health. nothing else survives, except maybe a ram warlock with element armor, but i don't think so.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

fennesz posted:

I guess I wasn't clear. Doesn't a class item that is 335 contribute more actual Int/Dis/Str than an item at, say, 300 light? It should be easier to get to T10, 11 or 12 with items that are higher light because each individual item contributes more points to your total?

also, yes, but your intellect/disc/str split has nothing to do with your ability to survive shoulder charges, which is what people are talking about.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
people who actually care about the narrative framework surrounding their space genocide are pathetic losers, almost as bad as the people who want destiny to cater to solo players

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

fennesz posted:

Yeah what a bunch of idiot babby faggots. Welp time to solo queue some Control now :downs:

what the gently caress are you talking about and why did you feel compelled to involve hate speech

The Meat Dimension posted:

Nah it's okay to expect basic competence.

i had zero expectations about the story of destiny and it delivered zero story.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
oh cool look titans have received gear that doesn't look like poo poo for the first time since like y1

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
'all new trials gear' is just old trials gear with doodads on it but i'm ok with it

new khvostov is cool

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also one of those gun ornaments better be a kill tracker

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
make one of the events me killing other people in the crucible

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Roman posted:

per Datto:

thank gently caress

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i thought there were only eight artifacts

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
this poo poo is all over the place in terms of relative usefulness. oh gee should i shoulder charge 24/7 or reflect ogre blasts?

calling it now that nu meta is like 3 defender titans running super recharge auras

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
do we even know if it adds armor? maybe it's just adding int/disc/str?

i hope not though because I love stacking armor

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

limaCAT posted:

Is it doable or viable to destroy your ELO by losing in the crucible? Like, suiciding yourself over and over by feeding people in rumble.

it's probably super slow because at this point most people have played enough games that bungie isn't going to give you very much uncertainty in their matchmaking, even when i go on huge loss tears the players i'm playing against don't tend to get much worse.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
two years for custom matches, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
when it's good, it's really good. it's pretty much chasing a high.

• Locked thread