Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

This makes me excited enough to almost buy 2 more copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

I'm honestly thinking of getting one with "A Buff Gay Dude" on it now that I'm e-famous.

Get 2, send one to Cozmo.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

No really guys, we fixed connection issues!

http://i.imgur.com/nn3pTAQ.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/6Qy0GoA.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/dWdff05.gifv

I'd like to have a few words with that loving damage ref.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Does it also involve fish medicine?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

I've gotten one every time I've done it. Once I was over 330 light anyways.

They only drop from antiquated completions I assume?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I've got like 6 on my titan, but every time I go to the court there's maybe one guy there.
I really just need to beat up Kagoor and get my last calcified fragment from her.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

If you added me, send me a message or something, cause chances are I'll never know otherwise.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

sinking belle posted:

Finally took the time to find a bunch of randoms to raid with and got up to Warpriest. At which point we wiped over and over again for two hours because "okay knights are dead, EVERYONE OFF THE PLATES" is really complicated apparently :shepicide:

This seems like it could be really fun if played on a fireteam that isn't 50% people who are infuriatingly horrible at it.

That's sort of a blessing in disguise for you.
If they hosed up Warpriest so much, just imagine how loving atrocious Golgy would have been.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Is getting a Nirwen's this IB even worth it?
I thought it was in that class of pulses that are gutter trash.
I'd rather not deal with beyond lovely connections and sweat pools this time.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

actionjackson posted:

If you get one with a good roll just put it in the vault, in case the slower firing pulses get buffed again.

Do we have a possible over/under on that happening?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah the shotgun spectrum only works in extremes.
You either have that dude who's like a loving ninja, blinking all over the place and constantly up your rear end, or you get the dude who loses all reasoning and tries to close distance on you from halfway across the map while only sprinting, cause they never jump at you.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Going to run 5 games on my new account and report back with any fuckery/lack thereof I observe.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Game 1: A control match against a 6 man with MIDA, UR, PC. So the usual poo poo. They were also all over the board with their connections. Just barely managed to scrape past with a win.
Gonna call that a loss on the scale of how different things are for someone of my skill level, that level being slightly below average sometimes.

Game 2: Another control match. Nothing spectacular. No one on either team too lovely, but no real superstars.

Game 3: Booted up Rift because gently caress my life. As expected, my team happened to be full of braindead fucks. No one wanted to leave the spawn and attempt to grab the spark, one guy maining a sidearm. Other team consisted of PC using titans and radiance warlocks with TLW.

Game 4: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/PanicSlam666/video/19694363
That's all I have to say about that game.

Game 5: Finally landed a clash match on asylum. Nobody on my team understood that when I slap 2 dudes off heavy with a super, that means to follow through. Redbar on my team, but nothing near superstar status.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

I think to continue this science experiment, once your dummy accounts start getting trials emblems you should intentionally lose games and see how long it takes you to get matched against idiots again.

There's been at least one trials emblem in each of my 5 matches last night, and none of them were particularly skilled.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/aXYiwxA.gifv

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

For a second I was like where the gently caress is my combustion?
Then I remembered.
I think my KD that game was like 6.8 or some stupid poo poo.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

What's the cutoff for scuttling the new account and starting anew?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

schmeo posted:

I'm looking forward to running a goon group of new accounts in sixes.

Current account name is PanicSlam666

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Is this poo poo ever going to come to PC?

Nope. I figure it would have been done by now.
Maybe in the next ~5 years?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Last_Taste posted:

I decided to create an alt last night. Used my spark of light, which gave me a good scout, but then I ended up getting a Suros JPS 55 with Red-dot ORS and counterbalance. It is a Grasp/oversoul archetype and it kills hilariously fast. I played one game in the crucible and had the second highest score and highest KD. It was weird how bad some people were. I didn't see any cat emblems, but a lot of 334 players who would do stupid things like crouching down when getting shot trying to capture a point and not even trying to return fire. I had 3 or 4 throwing knife kills because people would stand still and shoot or run straight at me. I am a middling level player, and I felt over powered as a 26 with 125 light. I miss my trip mines, triple jump and a heavy machine gun, but it was fun.

I just hope I am not killing some 8 year old kid playing on his brothers account.

My new GT is NewbMeatShield if anybody wants to play. I will be doing banner under my normal account most of this week.

Yeah you'd think more high leveled dudes would be not poo poo, but fuuuuck no.
I've seen very questionable tactics ever since I switched.
Also taught some guys the secret Bone Krew tech of 'gently caress the B flag' on Vertigo last night.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Volcanic Vents posted:

Went ahead and used the patented Rasheed Destiny sock character generation method, hit me up for green crucible on the BONE at LoneWolfMcqAIDS

I love it.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Alteisen probably has a few copies you can use

Savage.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Are the servers still making GBS threads themselves to death, or have they stabilized somewhat?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

bro we have meet ups in strip malls where we all pop our hoods and compare engines

That's code for taking the towels off and measuring in the sauna.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

cvnvcnv posted:

That most people need the wheelchair of turning their relationships into Pokemon so the spaghetti doesn't avalanche from their pockets doesn't make me the weirdo here.

What the gently caress does any of this mean?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I met my wife (not a coder but hot) of 5 years back when Halo 2 was the poo poo.
Just because you don't know how to make friends doesn't mean we all share the same fate.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

I am driving to New Mexico in a few weeks to photograph the Perseids with a couple gaming bros. Meeting cool dudes is cool.

Only thing I won't do is game with co-workers, it ends up awkward because I feel like I have to curb my language or it'll come back at me later. And if it turns out they're poo poo at games, how do you avoid playing with them without lovely excuses? :iiam:

'Look Richard, you're a cool guy and all, but you suck poo poo at controlling the point. Get it together or I'm reporting you to HR.'

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

If you can get a good push into B on Pantheon and consistently hold it, there is absolutely gently caress all the other team can do to you.
9/10 times people want to be sicknasty MLG snipers, but I actively ignore the sniper lanes and therefore they're left their thumbs up their asses hardscoping one or both lanes.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

The Meat Dimension posted:

Edit: you missed the part where his Hung Jury reminds him of firing an M14 in his service days, probably reminds him of that great PVE jungle too

Charlie's in the trees with a Universal Remote!

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

So I suck complete poo poo with hammers.
Everytime I pop them I either get no kills because everyone decided to gently caress off, I end up flinging them at someone and expecting it to do some kind of aoe damage for a kill(it doesn't), or I just get killed immediately.
Anyone got tips on how to suck less poo poo with it?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

That would be an interesting change.
If only to see how long it would take before people started bitching about the bolt spread or some poo poo.
Then sidearms would still not reign supreme like they loving wanted them to.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

He thought he had Death from Above, or failed to activate it.
I've hosed up a few slams like that, but never off the map.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Shores of Time is actually balanced when played by two decent teams, if not a bit boring. It's just a map where the control points are incidental to the area you need to control, rather than the typical opposite.

The thing with that map is that a coordinated team can absolutely smash randos unless the randos are all solid on getting and anchoring the back C boat. It's probably a map that played well in testing when the two teams had an equal understanding of how to play it, whether it was absolutely no understanding or perfect understanding. Chances are this was always the case.

Nah, I'd rather just cap A.
I like the view there.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Which brings me to a good point.

Is the A point always the shittiest point to hold? Because it definitely seems that way on most of the maps.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

A is good on Widows court. Also vertigo.

But Vertigo itself is hot trash

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Neo Helbeast posted:

Fabian Strategy is in fact garbage across the board. Any of the HRoF assault rifles outclass it by a mile.

I used it in a moment of utter resentment and got 2 kills earlier today.
What does that say about the guys I killed?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Booties posted:

What does sbmm have to do with laggy opponents?

The better you get, the shittier the connections you run into.
Even if you're trash, if you run with decent players you'll still run into the fuckery.
That's the way I understand it at least.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Rank 5 and the only nirwens I got was the vendor one I bought.
Thanks for that poo poo ghost and ironwreath with last resort saladin.

5 solo games today, and 4 losses.
Almost 5, cause the randoms on shores of time just really wanted to blow a 4k point lead trying to loving take the A point for a triple cap.
I can no longer solo queue, as the game now considers me 'good'.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I need to understand what the gently caress his plan was there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Not pictured that's also 335
- All class specific weapons (Ace of Spaces, Susanoo, etc)
- 335 purp swords as heavy place holders
- Terminus, Truth, Ash Factory
- 3 whatever guns in each class @ 335 for future fodder on my alts

I need more vault space, Bungie. :cry:

Did you 335 some of that stuff just for the gently caress of it?

• Locked thread