Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
what was Destiny 2 called and was it any good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Drain 001 posted:

You'll always be Rasheed to us.

Also, page new thread mother fuckers.

Is that Tei's hamster pushing the button or what.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

The Meat Dimension posted:

It took me a minute too. I actually don't know the story of Tei's hamster, do I wanna :ohdear:

Tei's sister(?) left a hamster in his apartment without telling him or his housemates. After a several days of playing Destiny and sitting in their own filth, they noticed there was an inexplicable dead hamster in their house.

This is also a parable of how Destiny connection programmers interact with the community.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
It was Nice of Bungie to arrange a surprise public beta of their new Sparrow racing mode in France for Bastille Day.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i'm all about being an rear end in a top hat but can't we just keep it isolated to destiny instead of revealing your borderline sociopathic enjoyment of mass murders?

Possibly some projecting going on here.

I remember as a kid hearing the Head and Shoulders joke about Christa Mcauliffe, laughing, and realizing that this was a sign I got sociopathic enjoyment of space shuttles exploding. It was the only possible explanation, really.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

laughing at strangers dying is generally a pretty hosed up thing, yes

Joking about something doesn't always equal laughing about it. It's also a tool to disarm and lessen horror. It's pretty common in the armed forces, for example.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this defense typically works a lot better when you're personally affected by something

Um, you think I'm more likely to joke about my mom dying than some strangers I empathize about? Yep, definitely some hosed up projecting going on here.

I'm sorry yours didn't love you.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

AppleCobbler posted:

Really makes you wanna ride a warthog

I tried, but your mom was busy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

considering how clicking on a random page in your post history yielded a first post of 'lol if you don't think the world would be better off if the iraqis were dead' i'm not wholly convinced you get to try to pull the 'i'm totally a reasonable person' defense

I was the only person trying to use reason in that conversation, so thank you for proving my point.

• Locked thread