Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Another currency? Why?

Because the Destiny beta is about to enter Year 3. They have a 10 year plan to complete the game and release it so it seems they're properly on track tbqh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FishBulb posted:

I doubt it's going to happen because they haven't mentioned it but I hope the gunsmith gets new guns. Want Soros snipes and Omolon rockets

Also hope there is a new Tex Machina gun and quest.

There's new guns from the existing companies and a new company.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FishBulb posted:

Huh. I don't remember reading that but awesome.

Nadir is the new foundry, and the others are getting new-old guns (ie Omolon getting a new Scout) but I seem to recall that new-new weapons are also coming.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Hulk Krogan posted:

Would be pretty funny if there was a tiny chance every time you swapped to a Tex gun that your Guardian would fumble the twirl and comically boot the gun down the hallway.

Please stop describing in detail my Crucible activities, tia

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

Don't shame people because they're bad with inferior weapons.

Tha snipe hype is real, y'all just bustas

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Goldspiral on Wolfswood Cloak is blingy af.

Thought there would be more ornaments on weapons. Truth, Telesto, Invective have selections that look good.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Siva in warmind vault

More details? Siege of the Warmind if you run off course before going up the steps to the final area, go all the way, there's a red wall that is kinda weird and has enemies behind it. Nothing on Patrol but a couple yellow bar knights and one real badass knight at one entrance.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

Seen by some random guy on SABER strike (director version)

Dayng yo

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

deadwing posted:

Screw a Zarinea
My thermal scope, CB, ~max stability Zarinaea would shove its butthole down that idiot gun's throat. God roll Zarinaea has long trounced every other mid-rof ar and any buff only serves to keep that fact intact.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Garbage. Original vendor roll Hatchet shits all over that roll. Hope you bought one.

You sometimes get trash and treasure confused. It's ok, friend. Hatchet is really good, I have the recent CB, PB, Rangefinder one which I clean up with. All the same, my Z is a nearly effortless gun, more so than any other in class to my experience. The feel is perfect.

If only low RoF could get some love...

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 9, 2016

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

thanks for the huge img of a really bad gun

:forkbomb:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Wow. Something actually worse than a zarinaea.

Yeah, your reading comprehension. But I'd love to see a low RoF better than that.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue posted:

It's not exactly easy to find, who actually clicks the "watch game credits" button of their own free will?

I always do, and let it run the entire duration. Sure, I do this because I eagerly anticipate a game rewarding me some "Thanks for giving a modicum of a poo poo" hidden trophy, but I do it.

Hasn't happened yet.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The Meat Dimension posted:

people recording themselves getting owned is hilarious and weird

I have a clip from the other night where I slid toward a guy to finish him off with a melee and from a distance of a meter with very little time to compose himself, he NLB domed me. I was extremely impressed and wanted a better view. :shrug:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv posted:

I have a clip from the other night where I slid toward a guy to finish him off

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

That's really what it seems like, as tho whoever was in charge of music straight-up said, "gently caress off, everyone. This is my personal Make-A-Wish now and I'm going to spend the day with Paul McCartney." Because why in the world would anyone actually think the demographics for these things are identical?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Ularg posted:

I'll never have a use or get rid of my Spark of Light, or my raisins. Will be hard even using my 40 pumpkin heads.

I at last made a Warlock recently, decided to keep it and used my Spark, and oops. Spark seems good but all it does it delete twenty five supers you can Bounty to in the opening seconds of a match, and the subclass leveling that doesn't happen during this time leaves you bitched out.

Still, had a blast going bananas on teams with Khvostov and Nox Revus II for a few days just for laughs. Really looking forward to the Khvo Exotic, it has potential.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I love it. Not a single one reacted to their radars or loving shot you. Not once. Not a single grenade on the door way. Nothing.

Team sitting on a relic to defend it is always :swoon: and they paired that tactic with pacifism lol

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

8th-snype posted:

deej's tweeter handle has always amused me because in the sex work community BNG is short for "blow and go", a quick oral only meet up with a lady of the evening.

Expert info, pal.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FishBulb posted:

Embarrassing

Accurately describes nearly all the attention to Private Matches. You know, that's why Bungie dropped a ton of ghosts in, because 99.9% of players have no other business being there. You have a clan that plays constantly, cool, but really, unless your friends lists is pages long every day and all those people are wanting to do the same exact stuff with the same people as you, and spend all the time necessary for facilitating it, it's going to be nothing but the sad-rear end 1v1s I was seeing happen.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

lmao what happened to the staggering PS4 presence I always hear about
Huh? I've never requested private matches in any form, and it's beyond rare for me to ever roll with goons. I simply acknowledge that the party isn't being thrown for me.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

cvnvcnv, master of sub tier pvp, hates playing with people that may own him in a place with no SBMM
You caught me, I see the future and have never even mentioned private games and never play with goons as to preemptively excuse myself once this day inevitably arrived :golfclap:

My friends and I queue up just fine, and none of us give a drat about thirty minute time limits.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

"I'm not owned! I'm not owned!"

lmao You are tho, seeing as I'm happily playing with my friends and you're being a little bitch, on an internet forum, about me.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Wondering if Shaxx has any involvement in ROI, which I would highly doubt. He and Saladin have beef but they both share the title of Lord so be he in it or not, I'm curious if any of that gets touched on.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Apparently the shaxx voice actor dude from walking dead said he recorded heaps of lines for the new stuff. So yeah expect shaxx bitching out saladin at some point. Also is saladin the optimus prime voice dude?

A+ scoop. Hype af for Lord dramaz.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Hulk Krogan posted:

Nirvana sucked.

Worst thing to happen to music tbqh.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I have a shader with green and a green chroma on one armor piece to match it, likely coincidental/not having anything to do with my contracting that color AIDS. Happened after I got tag-teamed, AR then sidearm kill. :shrug:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman posted:

according to reddit you can get it from or pickup or crucible kill of infected players. the log on the site said it started on the dust palace and is now everywhere, and to talk to ikora about it?

Hmmmm. Ikora had no input, ran Dust Palace strike and returned to her but nothing still. Suppose I'll be patient, give some Reddit spergs time to crack the case.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Funkmaster General posted:

Not casual at all - the game has sucked hundreds and hundreds of hours of my life out of me.

How many?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Goddamn that sounds insanely sick. Sorry that I'm so dumb but I've never really followed an FPS or MMO so it's quite difficult to penetrate things initially. I figure hanging out in the thread while I play hoping to pick things up by osmosis works!

This game has been my very first experience with patches, updates, MMO stuff, even plain ol' online gameplay, and so I can say that lurking here is likely your greatest asset to gaining the knowledge you need, as succinctly as possible. Take it a step further, do homework. I recommend Planet Destiny's Exotic weapon reviews. They should get you excited about all manner of pewpews but also teach you about perks of all sorts, with visual demonstrations, and explanations so you understand. There's a lot to take in but it's a seriously fun ride while you do so :)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

deadwing posted:

The dick wall and the VoG platforms own because they're platforming skill sections and you can do cool stuff in them. Tomb ships suck balls because it's trial and error/memorization and goes on way too drat long

During design ships was originally twice as long and I think they should have kept it that way :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

...and the absolute best is to laugh at hunters problems with jumping puzzles.

What the gently caress is happening? What are Bones? What is quadruple jump?
Feels like lots of people here have neeeeeeever touched Hunter to think they have any issue with platforming.

• Locked thread