Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Destiny Pubstomper's guide to actually stomping pubs, only on Xbone.

1. Ensure your console is set to be your main account's home console. See here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox . You do NOT need to pay for more Xbox live gold because you're playing on your home console. Good poo poo.

2. On your console, create a new xbox/Microsoft account. You can't pick a name yet so see step 3.

3. Go to your laptop/mobile go to xbox.com and login on your new account to rename it something funny like "Destiny SBMM Bad" "Cmpln 2 Reddit" or "Pub Farmer69." You get a free rename for each new account. Go hog wild because you're not using this account forever.

4. Log out and in of your new account on the bone to update the name.

Special Note: You can stay logged into your main account for party chat and poo poo while also having the second account active for game playing. Very handy for doing this poo poo as a six man. It's a bit confusing to do, and make sure you aren't active in dashboard on your main when accepting invites for your secondary.

5. Open Destiny on the new account and create a new character. Do a hunter. This gets you the sniper rifle and the best super for owning noobs.

6. Play the first mission. Just run right through and don't worry about killing anything. Bum rush the captain at the end and mop up. Fly to tower.

7. At the tower, pick up and pop your free spark of light to level up, trigger quests and get some blue guns. Talk to all the quest markers and dont forget to equip the gear to advance quests. This will give you more XP. Grab bounties.

NOTE: not many people who you'll match against run high armor, and in fact if you're playing others with unleveled subclasses, they can't. If you're fortunate enough as my buddy was to get a sick 95 impact hand cannon, you'll be 2-tapping everything lmao. Also hopefully you get a machine gun drop early.

8. Drop into a crucible match. You'll probably have super right away from leveling up. It owns lmao. poo poo on kids. Be amazed at how bad they are and how good you actually are at the game. Very validating if you're kinda hosed by SBMM from playing with friends who are better than you and you're always getting dumped against sweaty streamers or something.

9. Repeat until it starts getting sweaty and laggy. Then delete the account and go back to step 1.

I highly recommend doing this with a party of six and coordinating the new accounts and playing together. The best mode if you have all 6 is rift, you can totally control spawns and lock down the map, and you can let them dunk on you to avoid the mercy rule.

Enjoy lag free matches and getting a feel for how good you actually are, and hopefully enough people do this that Bungie stops using so much SBMM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

AppleCobbler posted:

I go to great lengths seeking validation as well

It's fun and funny and gently caress bungie for putting in sbmm with no obvious ranking mechanism.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

xzzy posted:

Bungie tried to show us ranks once upon a time in Halo, and it resulted in massive amounts of boosting and account trading because the number was more important than the game.

That's all still going on, just with trials gear and flawless emblems.

I enjoyed doing this and I brought joy to my teammates. Most of their kills were my cleanup but they probably don't care!!!

Let's all make the world a better place. By stomping pubbies, noobs and scrubs.

Destiny Pubstomper fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 18, 2016

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

CheeseFactory posted:

I approve of this and will post it on the bungie forums if that's cool with you.

Remove the ref to my forum name and my buddy's hand cannon and anything else that might be identifying and sure.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

Alteisen posted:

good poo poo, you keep defying my expectations of how loving pathetic you are

Fire up your Xbone copy within the next 6 hours and you can probably match me, let's go.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Tbqh everyone should do this. The more people do it the sooner bungie fixes either their rigid SBMM or the ability to do this.

And I just guided a teammate through a doubles match over team chat. Dude probably learned more about how to actually play in those 10 minutes than he ever would have otherwise.

Also got hate mail from the opponents, who were bagging the entire game even as I crushed them. Responded and they were real mad about me rez sniping them. I politely told them that controlling special ammo was the way to prevent me from sniping and that they should learn to do this.

Look it's fun as hell to be good at this game, not gonna lie. But gently caress me it's nice to not have any red bars and not have every match be a sweat fest. I'm going to keep this first account around and see how long it takes me to get dumped in the streamer bracket again when I roll solo. Until then I can actually play with friends and bros without having them get crapped on by my account skill dragging in a bunch of ace players.

^that's not fun for anyone

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

xzzy posted:

Sorry, Bungie's not pulling SBMM. If you want to crush beginners you're gonna have to get pretty good at generating new accounts.

I wrote the book on it!!!

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Lmao we are getting fully kitted out dudes with flawless emblems and proper builds and partyCrashers and poo poo and we are pushing their poo poo in with green handcannons and snipers lmao.

There are so many people who have been gifted great connections and protection from good players. I'm legit mad.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

look I'm all about the modern pvp experience being poo poo but pissing in a bunch of strangers Cheerios or acting like bungie is 'protecting' them from you is loving mind numbingly dumb

of course they're 'protecting' them from you, you're much loving better than they are. what do you expect bungie to do? put 44 percent win rate players against orchestrated six stacks? the lag is garbage but what the gently caress it's not like playing against these kindergarten scrubs is somehow better?

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Whoops

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i don't really have a vested interest in protecting random strangers who suck at destiny, I'm just pointing out this isn't really going to do much to change the state of things. you're still going to get tossed in the same crappy laggy lobbies as soon as you return to your actual accounts, so what's the actual point here?

Yeah that's really it. I've had 3 deaths in 20ish matches where I've gone 'oh gently caress that". It's worth it for the connections alone.

Add to this that after 10 or so matches you start getting dudes who rock flawless emblems and obviously care about their pvp builds because they are running decent stat splits....and you get to poo poo all over them with a green hand cannon, well that's icing on the cake.

After I start getting poo poo connections I have no problem starting over and using a slightly different green hand cannon to do the same.

As was just said right above me, I paid the same amount of money for this game as the folks who get to experience relatively lag and disruption free pvp matches because they aren't as good. That's bullshit and they can take the 1/15 matches where someone like me comes in and drops a 5.0+ on em, just like I do when I get hosed up by stacked squads. Maybe they'll learn to not round corners with their head up or how to slide shotgun in the process, just like I learn new angles on lanes and escape/bait routes when i ay against better players.

Destiny Pubstomper fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 18, 2016

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

xzzy posted:

I think to continue this science experiment, once your dummy accounts start getting trials emblems you should intentionally lose games and see how long it takes you to get matched against idiots again.

It's much funner to poo poo on them with bad weapons. They probably paid for carries and deserve scorn and humiliation.

On that note the greens aren't actually bad imho. Lots of them can roll perks that aren't available on purple guns (counterbalance handcannon anyone?!?!) and they feel crispy as gently caress. I have a green pulse that has underdog and it has a great recoil pattern. It's a big contrast against every purple pulse that makes me feel like a limp wristed bitch-made guardian with every trigger pull.

Honestly I should have rolled a new account a long time ago. By virtue of playing with players who were much better than me, I got good but not good enough to really hang with them (because they are young savants who grew up playing halo from age 5 and still have their young reflexes). But that hasn't stopped bungie from throwing me in with their ilk when I drop solo. And bringing in very high quality opponents when I roll with the krew.

I'm actually having fun rolling through the PvE stuff again and getting excited about green and blue drops.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Did you block the vents?

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
I have yet to lose a pvp match on my new account, and I've dropped solo into doubles and salvage and skirmish quite a bit.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

What's the cutoff for scuttling the new account and starting anew?

I dunno whenever you start getting that "bad connection" feel. Probably not a set cutoff and dependant on your original account's "bungieskill"

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Is this poo poo ever going to come to PC?

Bungie's secret sauce is great gunfeel on the console. It's their primary differentiator and they understand this. There's a great anecdote in a recent bungie interview where one of the devs talks about being told to spend "auto aim" time and resources on a project, which means unlimited until it feels 100℅ right.

This has been a long winded way of saying Never.

The was guns fire and are balanced is keyed to console shooting. [Generic inflammatory comment about xim users being lame goes here]

Destiny Pubstomper fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 18, 2016

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
That and learn pvp movement basics.

Never come around a corner to engage at head height. Jump or slide.

Don't double peek snipers. If you miss, engage at a different angle.

Have an escape plan for every engagement in case you get shot and know how to peel off and when you can reengage. Ex: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/RIP%20ur%20KD%20Bro/video/19707525

So much of pvp is knowing when and why to engage and when and why to not. My thumbskill is probably pretty lovely relative to other good players but I've worked a lot on making sure I engage in a way that can compensate.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Don't set sensitivity to 10 unless you're a shotgun warrior. Most insane snipers I know use 3.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

el B posted:

Snipe on 10 you soft boners. Get hard!

You can do that if you want but honestly I don't think it would be very helpful for that way destiny sniping works. You're pretty much doing it wrong unless you're scoping in close to the dude's head and then making a fine adjustment.

If you could really do this well at 10 more power to you, but you've got rare thumbs my friend.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Yes. XP is tied to the level of the enemy and your level. As usual reddit retards are not scientists and have no idea how to control variables before jumping to conclusions.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Just use your work deets we all wanna know real names and addresses and your wife's name and poo poo

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
God drat that pulse rifle roll is legit

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'd buy it to stash it in case the archetype ever gets unfucked but that's about it.

I've seen people use it to great effect in trials still. I don't know how.

It's also a great pve pulse, especially with those perks. Either way it's better than the OG God roll one imho so grind for it.

With braced frame and fla5 you max stability and have great range, and you get quick reloads on kills. OAS is also sick, and QuickDraw makes it usable in tight quarters.

Whoever has been in charge of the perks on IB guns has been doing a good job.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Make a burner ffs

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Lol I did actually grab beers with my old trials bro a few times

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Didn't expect to get hard reading this thread but welp

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

el B posted:

I get where you're coming from, but when you play video games as much as we do with the same people for years and years, it's not weird because chances are that you've already gotten a glimpse into each other's personal lives. The people I've met through Call of Duty over the past 10 years(and now Destiny) are all loving cool and live interesting lives outside of video games...except for the people who clearly are not cool and fun to chat with.. I'm not friends with them.

I have places to stay in San Francisco, Miami, NYC, Philly.... Just like they have a place to stay in Chicago if they came here.

I would totally pm Pubstomper if I was in Seattle and tell him to meet me at a bar.

Lmao as if my accounts ever last long enough to get plat

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
tfw you get owned to give the stormcaller super and then the stormcaller kills you with it on your respawn

http://i.imgur.com/er7qsq3.gifv

bonus stunting with the Dorkblade I only have equipped to give me kneepads when using UR

http://i.imgur.com/zJb1Gn5.gifv

Destiny Pubstomper fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 20, 2016

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Update on the matchmaking and communication situation from bungie.

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4tmg1l/derek_carroll_confirmed_how_teams_get_matched_in/

TL;dr = it's a garbage fire

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
It's in the link I posted.

Derrick "no sbmm" Carroll said mm was based on fireteam lead skill.

Cosmo came in and said it was fireteam average.

Normally I'd just believe Cosmo but Derrick "Go Play Strikes" Carroll had a bunch of follow on tweets and was adamant. Also I bagged Cosmo.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Deej is a dipshit too though. I purposefully renamed my GT to troll morons by bringing out their latent homosexuality.

And of course Deej of all people walked right into the trap, on their loving livestream lmao, and yet again it fell on Cozmo to do damage mitigation. Cosmo actually seems alright for a fwiggen former reddit moderator.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

BlindSite posted:

Did anyone ever upload a vid link of your game from anyones perspective . I wanted to see it?

It's still on their twitch channel at 1:43:25.

I didn't record it and I'm glad I didn't because I loving poo poo the bed hard the first half of the match.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Farmers court is fine. Bannerfall is poo poo imho

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Pantheon is good but man you gotta hold B and break spawn trap.

Last few times I've played Pantheon the other team has been tentative and I've been able to shotgun warrior 3+ as they come out of the middle lane. Then the whole squad is on B and we spawn trap em. Funny poo poo.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

Lyer posted:

so I've started doing pvp pretty recently and I didn't poo poo the bed during last IB, but I'm having trouble with control this time around. Most of the issues could prob be solved by playing in a fireteam with goons, but my weekday schedule is touch and go, so I have to pub it until the weekend.

That being said, if my team is getting their poo poo pushed back is it better to hang back, play conservatively and try not to feed the other team?

If you're truly getting your poo poo punched in its best to consolidate in front of your point (close enough to team shoot but not close enough to get mass supered) and hope they push to hard and you get a quick spawn flip. Then in the chaos maybe you can make something happen.

Focus should be on shutting down supers and not getting supered, to avoid getting orb trained.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Thunderlord is extremely good for IB, especially if you're running in a fireteam and can get covered while you change from field scout to perfect balance.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Confirmed via dog park intelligence.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

haveblue posted:

I'm late, have they spent all 10 minutes talking about the sparrow? Lol

Yes :negative:

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
New suros is lit but man no one cares about sparrows jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
I dunno, I have my personal reasons but I really think that the last stream was waaaay better than this garbo.

• Locked thread