Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/51auqb/i_think_im_ready_for_rise_of_iron/d7ax86x?context=3

:dukedoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

scaterry posted:

I know nothing of PVP but know everything about pulling gaze so i just wanna let you know

This is loving sick

Thank you.

Running through stuff on my alt has made me long for new pve content, I can't wait.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I really don't know about CB anymore, they have been keen to adjust popular stuff but CB isn't necessarily OP especially in this dumb rear end secondary focused meta.

Closest thing was the MiDa stagger round nerf but that poo poo was appreciably annoying and I'm glad it's gone.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It does have a trade-off it makes your vertical recoil substantially more dramatic.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Rodeo is low key a great AR perk because of the way it reduces both vertical and horizontal recoil, a rodeo doctrine or SoulStealer rips face

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I really wish the perks on the equipment had been unlocked at pax.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
They are literally redoing the perk trees to have QuickDraw on max range shotguns and there's and artifact that removes sprint cool down so you can sprint out of slide no problem

Rip

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mill Village posted:

Sorry my fresh low ELO couldn't save us from that last game of Control. :negative:

Ehh there were two fireteams of full scarab bros and some were diamond trials, and we had one counter-scarab (unless our pubbie who died 22 times had one).

Those are the breaks with a small playerbase and tbqh we gave them a good match.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I think it's bad I shotgun because I need to not because I want to

Edit: everything except the sprint cool down artifact is going to get banned from sweats, imho

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

P. sure that's a new exotic, they can't all do that.

There are about 12 real guns in destiny they just dress them all up a bit to get the 42,069 we can use.

What I'm saying is that sidearm will do the same dps as whatever class of sidearm it is based on.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
UR is getting crippled in 2 days I guarantee it

NLB is fine exactly how it is, you should either feel shame or awe when you're killed by it and this is mostly the case

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

loving lol altesien getting trolled by zaphod

:laugh:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

http://i.imgur.com/4NNpE8R.gifv
Fusions seem like strategy and proximity are the name of the game but truly, controlling your shots is far more important. Push down when it wants to slide upward, they lasers.

I might be wrong here but it looks like you only hit him with 4/7 of your 47 damage bolts and the dude in front winged him for some damage immediately prior.

Scoring seems to back this up, was 10,495 and then your kill (100), streak bonus (50) and the dude's assist points (50) take it to 10,695.

Not saying that's not a sick fusion snipe but you probably would have left that dude absolute in a straight 1v1. I say probably because maybe you would have had another bolt hit if the dude hadn't winged him. But maybe not as that stuff depends a ton on the server and connections.

(Is that an Ashravens with rifled? I know it's not the stock one as it's void but I'm curious. )

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

That's a Rifled Barrel Ashraven's, aka one of (I believe) 3 y2 FRs that can break 50 range along with Panta Rhei and Plan C iirc, right? Pretty good evidence as to how they need an across the board range boost. Not a big one, like 15% would help a lot.

(buy the Panta Rhei from the crucible vendor, it's a hidden monster. Straight up recoil, hella range, kneepads make your slide last as long as the charge)

panty raid owns i have one with rifled and it shreds dudes

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I honestly don't think who is a good player and who would win matches will change based on any changes to the meta so that means a few things:

We should analyze meta changes based on what's fun to play

We should analyze meta changes based on what's fun to play against and get beaten by.

Also i don't think the game can be balanced for high level competitive play while also being fun for the vast majority of players, there's a reason sweats have gravitated towards separate rulesets and I think that's good.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Check out the op and join the bone clan and slack channel there's a lot going on right now and all the new and lapsed folks are coming back into the fold. Very active community, huge community.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

I like how we are all assuming that the private matchmaking will actually work at launch

How would it not work? Drop random red bars into your lobby?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

The only issue is that bungie have said this a few times and it's all just bullshit lies.

I'm positive that they did relax the band from which you're pulling around your skill level. I'm now matching against people I have no right matching with if it's strong sbmm. Unfortunately they are above me lol. I really think it's the sbmm combined with only the hardcore left pvping this dumb game.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Oh I agree. I went from dropping solo against all diamond level dudes (which is fair but annoying) to now that plus matching up against streamers and poo poo. I think what Bungie did is opened up the top level brackets into a free for all while still protecting the nooblords from anyone good. Basically I'm happy to stay positive when I drop solo and I have to really work for it. (On that note 3v3 freelance has been a hilarious little diversion that's quite a bit different, likely due to retards thinking that good players won't roll solo and that they'll be safe therein).

I'll still drop 1.5-2.2 the second I pull in anyone below me to my team, which is nice, but they still get shat on hard which is lame.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Call of Cholula posted:

Crucible Radio from last week had Deej and Derek Carroll on it, was actually really informative. Deej waxes poetically like he's some kind of video game philosopher but overall lots of good info.

I did think it was interesting how he talked about private matches making the "Bungie bounties" so much better because, as of right now, whenever they do it they end up fighting the same people multiple in the PNW due to the regional connection bias of the matchmaking.

I know everyone will cry bullshit at that but I doubt he made it up.

:3:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah I don't know how anyone could ever loving hope to match them let alone win.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

That's probably exactly what they'll do yeah

They'll deffo do this and you have to donate $5 or whatever to the bungie foundation to chat in their twitch

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
How do I buy gaem

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Kinect was p good before Cortana

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Get hosed everyone, stormcaller supremacy

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Pulsewave now triggers immediate full health regen, overshield and landfall

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
New menu is cool

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Of course they are adding new spindle class purps jfc guys

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I support the sniper super changes.

Obviously it reduces the skill ceiling slightly and caters a bit to nooblords, but supers are a cool part of the game and should be difficult to deal with. As it stands you can still teamshot a super to death pretty easily, which is good. Supers should inspire awe and require coordination or a super to counter imho. This is not going back to Sunbreakers that you couldn't even teamshoot

RIP rift farm tho

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Oh apparently pulsewave will not only proc landfall but also a fist of havok

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

Elimination changed to only include a single heavy box in a central location

Assume this applies to Trials too

Salvage scoring changed a bunch too.

No more legendary engrams from crucible matches, should increase weapon drop rate apparently

Doing a public event gives a bunch of rewards now. Like a bunch.

Is this an Ularg joke?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

OdinsBeard posted:

Well the good news is that they're adding a matador 64 type shotgun and a way to get rid of the sprint lock.

Wait.

That is good news

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol the cops around here took a break from clubbing minorities in the head to get at Deej

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/51ruut/deej_and_the_seattle_police_department/

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Actually I can tell with 98% confidence (trust me I know large P values) that the title music implies this expansion will be taking itself waaaaaayyyy too seriously

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Ps maintenance extended by 2 hours rippppppp

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Pdx ftw

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Snostorm posted:

Wasn't this known before? I remember one of the devs talking about cones (hell it spawned that cone bros meme that I'm sure I just brought back again) and how shots fired can land anywhere in that cone, somewhat based on your range stat. This is different from the "bloom", which would be an expansion of the cone with each shot.

Lol that's not what spawned the cone bros meme pal

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Hey can you post the cone bros source material, there's a big gape in my memory about it

This is a link to the FYAD forum, which is infamously nsfw so be advised!!!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743373&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Highlight of y2 pvp for me was jokingly using the boolean and getting the triple armor stack going against good players lmao basically the crucible equivalent of wiping your dong on her forehead

• Locked thread