Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roman
Aug 8, 2002

schmeo posted:

Amazing. We should get him a bone too.
Why do that to someone you like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

schmeo posted:

Someone with an emotional attachment to an inanimate object spotted.
nah i sold mine

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

FishBulb posted:

So after not playing in a couple months and only PC gaming I think I need a xim
the downside is that if you ever have to play with a controller again it will feel almost wrong (except for SRL)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

marauderthirty posted:

You know, I noticed just the other day when I got my Bone that all accounts on the console could play under the main accounts gold subscription, and thought to myself, "What's stopping someone from making burner accounts to play at the bottom of SBMM?"
The answer is nothing, lmao
You can do that on PS4 too and I think I might just start doing it

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

fennesz posted:

Can you only get one weapon and one piece of armor from CoE a week? Not counting the rep rewards obviously.
per character, yes

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Bungie press release: "Even after two years, Destiny continues to attract more and more new players. Many of them only play Crucible after using the Spark of Light right after the tutorial level, have some kind of clever 'SBMM' joke in their gamertag, and stop playing around level 27 or so, but they're definitely new players."

This was their plan all along :tinfoil:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

They were hiring for a "PC Compatibility Tester" last August and people were all speculating and stuff but nothing ever came of that.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

TaurusOxford posted:

Well it's surprising for me - this is the first time i'm doing this. Also, kind of hard to grab goons when there's only one person online and he seems to be AFK in the Scourge of Winter mission.
add angryavatar on psn, i'll help. that said, at this point you should be able to solo it if you have to. and you don't even have to finish it, you can gently caress off after you kill the guy you have to which is a minotaur that spawns on the right from where you come in

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Here's my quick alt account test run in Control, done after not playing any PVP for quite a while:

Game 1 - 1.29 K/D and lost - I had to remember how to shot gun & hosed up a bunch + it was Thieves Den
Game 2 - 4.75 K/D and won
Game 3 - 2.33 K/D and won

Matched with lots of pretty bad 40ish players with much better gear. Definitely bottom of the barrel.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah this altered small area sure was worth an entire hour stream

they should maybe stick to vidocs which they are actually good at making

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Looks like all PS4 gets this time is a ship, a PVP map that no one will like, and a questline/reward

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

there is a lot of content if you are a normal person

for people like us who have literal months of played time then content is an issue

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Datto did a five minute summary of the stream for anyone who didn't see it, don't bother watching the full replay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvRut5dv_jc

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

are ghost shells dropping as IB rewards? because that's the only reason I was playing today and it seems not even a perfect roll pulse & xim can help me

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

It looks ok but the stream stretching like 5 mins of preview into an hour didn't help. I linked a 5 min highlight/summary earlier

All they showed was the start area, 3 armor sets and the preorder sparrow, thats not enough info to judge anything

Roman fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jul 21, 2016

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

btw I'm surprised no one mentioned how awful the ROI New Monarchy titan armor looks. i don't know if a good shader could save it

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Blackfyre posted:

I will confess, I've tried to love Overwatch but I just don't. Everytime I play it I'm just sorta 'YUP THATS A VIDEOGAME' but with all the love it gets elsewhere I think I'm missing something.
it seems like a simple game for simple folk

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

MarshyMcFly posted:

Do the servers literally have aids right now? Got kicked from two matches in a row with errors and no medals from 3 complete games.
Saw a reddit thread about the same thing so yeah

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

TaurusOxford posted:

Maybe there would be more life if the loving GAME WORKED! Three IB matches - two anteater disconnects and zero item drops.
i think it was a joke about the old guy

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm doing the mountaintop poo poo and rift is so loving terrible solo. Most games were lopsided as hell. Took me hours to get the 5 kills with runner active, and got the last 4 only in the very last game where the other team lost 7000 to 20000

Well at least the next time I have to play it I can just AFK like an rear end in a top hat 4 times if the game starts making me physically ill

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

kecske posted:

does the rank 5 IB shader/ emblem give a bigger rep bonus than than the rank 1?
no

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

And with this IB, my ever defending this game again in any way is officially over

Loss after loss, and one game we're just bout to win and I get knocked out with a BIRD error

like the game literally gave me the bird

Roman fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 23, 2016

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

holy jesus loving christ you would think with the law of averages i could get matched with a decent team of randoms who can win a game more than once over 20+ games. like at least maybe every 5 games or so, that would be ridiculously generous at this point

i am not even speaking as someone who thinks he's more than average at best. it is just statistically impossible that i am on losing teams this much. even at my worst i'm not doing that bad as to be feeding the other teams consistent victories. something is amazingly wrong here

lars bakken is at the server room right now, waiting for me to get on and smashing buttons to make sure i am matched with fuckups every single time

i don't even NEED anything from IB, i'm actually playing casually, i just want to see if a win is actually possible more than once out of every 50 matches

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Hey, if you have to use an AR and are a titan, Fabian Strategy isn't bad at all if you use it right. Really melts if you're close enough and if the idiots are running all down the same hall, even better

Also I managed to get 2 IB wins. Lars must have been on a piss break

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Neo Helbeast posted:

Fabian Strategy is in fact garbage across the board. Any of the HRoF assault rifles outclass it by a mile.
Well i said if you use it right. If the perks are activated. I wouldn't use it normally. I will probably use it for infusion though

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

edit: nm i am dumb. "Game" =/= "Fireteam"

Roman fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 24, 2016

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

sunday at work posted:

Bungie is using you to balance out everyone else in the match. Your experience dosent matter to them, only how your performance fits their player retention formula means anything.
this is usually my experience except that i am average at best but often get matched up with 5 idiots against a team of 5 idiots and one decent player. it comes down to how well i do against/avoid the decent player

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Finally got a 335 IB ghost shell so now I can be 335. Only took 4 months to get one stupid shell. IB was mildly better today, I was actually in multiple winning games - even the ones where I just worked on my Weapon Master quest and ignored objectives

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

xzzy posted:

I have an oas/reinforced barrel/full auto/rangefinder Aegis and hate it. It kills well when it gets locked in, but the recoil is pretty bouncy when under fire and it loses to stuff like scouts and hawksaw.
Well that's why you gotta get one with these:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Now that I posted that pic again I am expecting today's patch notes to read

quote:

- Reduced damage of low impact pulse rifles by 15% lolololol gently caress you

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Got a Revelator with Rifled Barrel and LitC. Is Revelator good?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Absolutely nothing in TWAB don't bother

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Even calling it Nightfall is pointless because it's named after the modifier which doesn't exist any more. They probably only kept it alive because they haven't got around to removing it from the Director yet.

I'm also predicting they're going to just get rid of NF for ROI and maybe buff the rewards for the first heroic strike you play during the week or some poo poo

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://twitter.com/cgbarrett/status/759106579043987456

Class items will work with shaders again in ROI

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

xzzy posted:

The 360 had only 512mb of ram and 10mb of video memory, so yeah, it really was too much content. For 11 year old hardware.
you can see it on youtube. washed out blurry textures, jaggies everywhere, random frame drops. plus long loading times for the inventory screens.

that big boat in the middle of the forgotten shore was put there because without it the framerate dropped to unplayable levels on last gen. i wonder how much stuff is in the game just to compensate for the old hardware

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Soulex posted:

Night falls were the poo poo back then and I loved them. Are they completely worthless now?
you no longer get kicked back to orbit when you wipe (making the name Nightfall meaningless), no more 25% XP/rep boost from completion, you can still get exotics but usually get lovely legendary stuff like class items and custom horn sounds for your sparrow. you can still get good stuff from NF but it's faster and more fun to just use 3 of Coins from Xur and kill bosses anywhere else in the game

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Finished up my sword stuff in 2 Inferno Control matches using only the hilt. Went positive in the first and even in the second. Won both matches. Feels good. Now to kill Ecthar (who I already killed by accident because I didn't know that was part of the sword quest)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

so i guess they made the one part of the sword quest for people were really nostalgic for farming y1 mats for hours

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I think literal morons in the strike playlist gets me more.
Came across two morons playing together in the heroic play list. It's solar burn this week but they bravely chose to play as a Voidwalker and a Defender. Okay, odd choice but whatever. They proceeded to die roughly 20 times EACH on the way to the Brothers. The Brothers fight itself proved to be impossible for them even as 330's.
raid matchmaking is a great idea though

the "well give us the OPTION for raid matchmaking" people are great. yeah i hate that when I buy toilet paper it doesn't come with a razor blade to shove up my rear end in a top hat. give me the option to slice my rear end in a top hat open!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

GameInformer coverage teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0K3vRVpIZQ

• Locked thread