Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

[Trying the gift of the void thing and dying to nova bomb] this is good, actually,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

Don't stand in your bubble like a retard in pvp

This is asking far too much of a player of my caliber

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Did that bounce off an enemy's shoulder to stick perfectly in the right spot? He's throwing it at the ground, and it ends up in the center of the back wall.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Titan bro schmeo landed a perfect lightning grenade and primed everyone. Bernie's storm grenade came second to clean up. Arc Web is a pretty baller perk for Control.

Oh, I see it now. Didn't even look at skill icons. Nice tag team

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Holy poo poo, I just noticed that he got ~75% of a super bar from that grenade.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

There was a bracket reset after the April update, man. I know I'm being a killjoy. I'm sorry. Sorry everyone

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Why do people always ask "can I get to x light without raiding?" I'm not saying this in an insulting way, it genuinely confuses me. Why would you explicitly exclude one of the most fun aspects of the game?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Because they don't want to talk to other people and deal with scheduling and long time commitments would be my guesses

Then they can GET THE HELL OUT IF TGE DESTINY THREAD :colbert:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

All the raids are cool and good. IMPORTANT NOTE: I did not actually do any of the raids when current except KF.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

haveblue posted:

There is no way the death zamboni is the end boss or even the biggest encounter, they never showed anything important from the final stages of the other raids.

I think it's going to be the equivalent of the totems in KF: the first "real" encounter that provides you with gear and gets you into the raid proper.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Mill Village posted:

I think I read in one of the developer interviews that the new raid is more about action then choreographed routines like King's Fall was. You can make mistakes and it won't be a wipe.

They listened to all the people reducing raid mechanics to "stand here and shoot the boss" and now every encounter will be a giant strike boss

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

To be clear, I'm excited for a new strike-ier raid. The mechanics in KF weren't hard, definitely not as hard as people make them out to be, but it was a long rear end time commitment to get through, even on farm. A shorter, more chaotic raid sounds perfect for getting people back into the game to build excitement for D2.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

You can still do 16 orb strat with a death, I've done it! It just takes the ability for everyone to not panic and adapt to the situation. I can't think of a single fight that can't be done on HM without all 6 staying alive the whole time (edit: totems maybe? It depends on when the person dies and which person dies, but the totems fight is dumb).

If you die in the first 30 seconds, sure, wipe it. But if you're 8 minutes in on a fight and someone dies, you have to have the burning shonen spirit to win

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Double posting to say that I guess I'm caping for KF so badly because I used to raid in WoW (I know, I know), and the mechanics feel pretty similar to my existing concept of "raiding."

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

el B posted:

I've beaten Oryx with a team of 4 :smuggo:

:synpa:

Not possible man. It's synchronized swimming so you had to wipe as soon as you started :mad:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I spent so long in vanilla praying for a good roll on the ol' shingen-e

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

ErIs doesn't have a ghost, she lost it in her time on the moon you GODDAMN NOOB

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Accommodations for last gen consoles delenda est

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
I'm actually laughing
I swear that I'm not mad

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

[Crucible playbook voice] shotguns are a crutch and I shan't be using it,

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I won't get mad at silver until they release something non-cosmetic that can only be bought with money.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

"Feeling blue: Everything you see has a blue tint."

Ok

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

"World turned upside down: Everything you see is inverted along the X axis."

Are we sure these are all perks? That seems like a debuff from a boss or something.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Neo Helbeast posted:

Grayscale – Everything you see is in shades of gray.

I'm going to guess debuffs.

There's another one called Golden Age that makes everything sepia too.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Why would I ever want to invert my x axis visually though? Is it just for the Crota Solo Inverted Using Bop It Controller crowd?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Call of Cholula posted:

I have GLORY 2.1 and BRILLIANCE 3.2 on my character screen after doing the dust palace out of the director - both buffs show up and read "brilliance 3.2 / glory 2.1 have been transmitted to you. Increased XP and reputation gains for the duration of the transmission"

You should fireteam with me tonight and poz me

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah I'm at a weird point with emblems, I have one that I don't think I'll ever take off so w/E

Even if this dumb space aids thing gives emblems or something I just don't care enough to do it:smugjones:

I'm quoting this just to see the name of that smiley

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I just realized that I've never preordered a DLC before. I bought it through the PSN store. Do I need to do anything special or will it just unlock on the 20th?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Ultimate Mango posted:

After validating 20+Gb of other game files, it will download a 100k file. Still takes 3 hours.

I'll be at work, will it do this automatically if my PS4 is in rest mode?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

^burtle posted:

I wish I could bring myself to take a day off work for 3 missions.

Yeah, and it's all we're getting for a year so might as well savor it, you know?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Easiest way to do this on a Sherpa run is to tell them the spark will fly right to the last calcified fragment. Hot tip from your pal emron

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm going to use shotguns, machine guns, and mag grenades like a dumbass. Don't @ me

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Holy poo poo now I'm going to have to slowly level queens wrath with the piddly rear end three bounties a week?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

el B posted:

This new social space sucks balls.

Please do NOT ruin Destiny: Combat Evolved: Rise Of Iron for me, Poom

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Out of curiosity since I'm at work, does anyone know how to start the Gjallarhorn quest yet?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Obsurveyor posted:

Can you spoil how? Is it just the reward for beating the story stuff?

Reddit says the quest unlocks after story. There's some additional quests involving finding medallions in patrol and then some tougher extra missions on PVP maps (like the subclass quests were).

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

ephori posted:

What's the rec'd way of spending the exotic engrams and faction packages I saved up? Blast through them right away like Christmas or work through the story for awhile first? They're burning a hole in my vault.

I'd think it'd make sense to do the story first because the drops you get in it will start you at a higher base LL

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Reddit is saying it seems rare to have engrams decrypt over 350 right now. If so then...I guess that's one way to gate the raid a bit?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Ugh do I have to do the story 3 times to unlock the dumb peak on all my characters? Brutal. Assy.

You had to do the dreadnaught 3x too though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

To give details on the PDX 45 roll, it's PB/CB/smallbore

• Locked thread