Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
All the resources make a sound, and treasure chests make a different one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hotfix to resolve beaver errors going out right now :canada:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It wasn't cool in year 1 sans a burn either, people were just forced to do it for the XP buff.

It was also a source of exotics before 3oC.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
25% extra XP (and rep!) for a week was nothing to sneeze at, especially in the days when there was no mote leveling and every gun and armor needed an extra 4 perks just to max its stats. It meant anything you did between the weekly reset and the nightfall was worth that much less and almost an incentive not to play until you put together a nightfall team.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Soulex posted:

Night falls were the poo poo back then and I loved them. Are they completely worthless now?

Not sure when you last played, but yeah, kinda. They removed the 25% XP and rep buff, drops are a bit of a mess (hope you like ghost shells and stacks of 3oC), and generally they don't offer you anything a heroic strike wouldn't and those are matchmade so you can play them whenever you want.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Soulex posted:

:negative:

Sparrows have horns now? The last time I played was like jumping in a few times to race a sparrow when that shot first came out.

Yeah, it was introduced alongside sparrow racing. Nowadays the only way to get a horn other than the default one seems to be spending real money or getting "lucky" in a Nightfall.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They're not worthwhile because I already have a King horn.

Although I do need king horns for my other two chars, shame there isn't a horn kiosk.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Meat Dimension posted:

Isn't there some anti hadium-flake farming thing on the dreadnaught?

That's not the tedious part. The tedious part is going to one of the other planets and harvesting every resource you see until the RNG sees fit to pop out the special material.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No one should be allowed in competitive games, their house might get hit by a meteorite

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

New Crucible mode from 0:25-0:27. Kill people and they drop colored pickups? Player "seized a Crest"?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I can only assume that's Bungie internal game-design-speak for "crucible map".

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Ah, OK, missed that. Forgot that PoE was originally described as "an arena" since it's been the only one in the game for over a year now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

For instance, Jolder tended to charge headlong into danger, so her artifact eliminates the sprint recharge delay.

:laugh:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
8 basic campaign missions, at least another dozen missions across all the Taken War quests and the Fallen Mars questline, a bunch more in the exotic quests, stuff to do on patrol...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I like how the Titan butt towel is now a full on loincloth.

Glad about that IB change.

I do wonder what they'll do about SRL, the parts that ruined it were the first place requirements and the awful player collision physics. The first one can easily be tweaked away, the second would take more extensive work that I'm not sure they'll bother to do for a fringe mode like that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That *sounds* cool but you know what's going to happen with that gun is Reddit decides what the ideal setup is and that's all anyone ever uses.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i thought there were only eight artifacts

They said 8 but I also hope there's stuff in the expansion that we don't know about beforehand so I'm OK either way.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

That'll be one of the scope options

One of the weapon perks is named "Crack the Scope". Once unlocked you can't select any of the other scopes. Required material is "a rock".

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Akuma posted:

Now, why it doesn't have some sort of toggle is the better question.

Do a simple cost-benefit analysis.

Benefit: A small fraction of the audience now feels more justified in their complaining and does it more. Nothing else changes

Cost: Nonzero

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's a cool video. Arc version of the scorch cannon. Dikembe Mutombo emote. Interactive wolves. Fallen on Bannerfall(!). Khostov does not have cracked scope :/

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Tripmine trip report: still good

http://i.imgur.com/Sc5yF1z.gifv

Exodus Blue clash trip report: why are people in the meat grinder room with no cap to point?

Habit, probably. Without nav points no one knows where on the map is important.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45032/7_This-Week-at-Bungie--08042016

vvvvvvvv The stats are very likely to be rebalanced, that happened with TTK. Anticipating the salt when tier 12 is temporarily no longer possible.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 4, 2016

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Either someone didn't detonate or a monster ate some orbs when you weren't looking.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stolen from Reddit:

quote:

Hi I thought I'd provide some cliff notes on the GI Podcast from today. Mods, if this isn't allowed, my sincere apologies and please (obviously) feel free to delete :)

General game:

Overall it's a fantastic expansion
Not as funny as TTK
Ghost hams it up a bit more with no Cayde 6. They aren't sure it completely works, but given focus is on us not characters they recognise you need a large supporting cast and can't rely on Cayde 6
You get tokens for the "heroic deeds" in the plaguelands, which are pretty much patrols, kill enemy types, etc. Importantly, it's "not too grindy", and easy to do. 3 artifacts on sale per week, gotta catch them all!
Previous expansions have been "enemy focused" - this isn't so much; whilst it has a strong emphasis on Taken Fallen and SIVA it's really about the Iron Lords and your journey to being one and getting the order re-established.
I think you're referred to in-game as "the Young Wolf" a la Jon Snow Robb Stark
There are fragments similar to TTK to collect
There are more hidden ghosts of course
Mimic chests: poison chests that give you something nasty to worry about instead of something good
New area starts out as familiar, a la Cosmodrome, but as you go deeper in and towards the Fallen fortress it all gets a lot more weird
Story is probably short, and the actual story-telling isn't really a step up from TTK
Artifacts are going to be awesome, but they didn't seem to think they'd be particularly game-breaking in any way Class items with shaders were a hit
Archon's Forge:

Fair to describe it as a mix between CoO and PoE
Encounters are longer, about 5 minutes
Varying difficulty
A sort of horde mode - enemies come in waves
Arena is more PoE size than CoO
Still co-operative beyond your fireteam.
Chunkier, more in-depth engagements than CoO
Strikes:

One new strike
Plays with the concept of variable play through, which is new. IE, you will get different encounters on different playthrough.
Different doors will open leading to different fights
The re-done strikes are much more robustly redone.
Completely new dialogue. A reason for why we're "going back" to these places
Re-done strikes are Phogoth and Devil's Lair. Sounded pretty impressed with them
Raid:

Sounds loving awesome frankly
Thematically, it's about "collision"
Unlike previous raids, there is a fair bit of outdoor action in this, and you can see the area from other parts of the Plaguelands
They failed miserably in the run through they had of various encounters, as it was quite hard
Apparently the encounters are a lot of fun - the Death Zamboni was regarded as the most fun engagement one of the hardcore Destiny guys has had
Crucible:

They really liked the new mode. They liked how you can play support, so if you're not so great at shooting you can collect the crests and do other stuff
Iron Banner:

Big changes, some of which have been revealed, but are quite major and an important part, thematically
It's more accessible without losing focus on what works
Regarding the Temper buff they think you'll actually hit level 5 earlier than you would have previously, but that you'll keep playing for the cool rewards
Very cool that you can wear whatever gear and shaders
Social space:

Wolves very cool. Can't be petted (PREORDER CANCELED)
Armour:

Apparently very cool. Buy the mag to find out more apparently
Record Book:

Works really well to show you what you should be focusing on You constantly get rewards (armour, guns, shaders etc) for completing each say 10% of stuff
Ornaments:

They do change the geometry, so a fundamental aesthetic change. Applies to each piece so you collect ornaments.
Also ones that apply specifically to exotic weapons - he could change his Monte Carlo colour for eg

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"We estimate there are more than 100 different configurations for this exotic"

No need to estimate- there are 108, not counting the cosmetic ornaments.

I still think 1 will end up getting called out as the best and it'll 90% of the khostovs you run into.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yessss, I still have a khostov

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Emron posted:

Remember when everyone freaked out over how good Jade Rabbit was going to be, then about how fun No Time To Explain was going to be?

gently caress, I remember when people freaked out over Patience and Time. A sniper rifle that makes you invisible while scoping?! How are we supposed to fight something like that?!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Emron posted:

I have to admit that I'm going to be unreasonably grumpy if not keeping my starter gun ends up being a bad thing!

It sounds like it'll just save you a small amount of time since you can also get the quest item from a bunch of other places with lower reliability.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Meaning the actual OG khvostov will be even more rare and thus valuable making me destiny rich.

Yeah I can't see anyone actually trashing one after keeping it this long.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bubbapook posted:

Just popping back into this to get warmed up for ROI.....what's the best approach for getting my 300 light scrub up to scratch? I quit just before they released HM Kings Fall.

There's a big chart someone will post but basically play PoE/CoE. You can get up to 330 or so without having to schedule a teamup with anyone, it's still the route to 335 though.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 7, 2016

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

moist turtleneck posted:

Is the new Thorn going to require me to peer through a crack in the door for a half hour until some dumbass wizard shows up?

Not at all, the wizard is rather clever.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Meat Dimension posted:

Bungie where my vidocs at?

Game Informer

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

marauderthirty posted:

Scrap SRL and have the entire live team commit mass suicide imo

Nah

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They did remove trickle from heroic strikes, their mistake was not also removing it from everywhere else.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Maker Of Shoes posted:

They don't?

Rewards are
- high light purp
- high light exotic
- 18+ strange coins
- pile of 3 of Coins
- Emotes
- Sparrow kits

And an elevated chance of strike-specific loot falling out of the boss.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've fallen all the way down the hole and it only knocks me down to a sliver of health, maybe it's just that I tend to run high armor. Definitely seen it happen to other people though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The GI article mentions that the RoI record book is now account-wide, and each reward is delivered in triplicate for each character/class.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The GI article talks a bit about the Gjallarhorn quest, it says it'll be very much like the subclass quests in that there are PVE segments on PVP maps and a no-holds-barred "reward" period that lets you finally cut loose with it.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

weird snipe is weird. body shot damage, killed him at full life, game says headshot. whatevs, u ded
http://i.imgur.com/NT2QSWo.gifv

You fired while he was falling past your crosshair, kick plus lag meant you were aiming at his head when the game decided your bullet landed.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mr. WTF posted:

I think daughters/sisters/whatever the gently caress they are drop class items in the raid. That's a pretty easy section of the raid...I'd go on LFG and try and join a group just for that section on hard mode.

Class item != artifact. Artifacts you can get from the Court of Oryx and it's an easy solo this week if you have an exotic sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I hope we get a another 15-minute deep dive on sparrow design

• Locked thread