Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Horniest Manticore posted:

this thread is worse than both the matrix sequals combined

Lets not say things we cant take back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I'm gonna reinsert my brain//shunt.code but like with admin controls on it's gonna be siiiick. :coal:

e: yes, like a matrix game genie; natch.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FaradayCage posted:

Also I'll get rid of the redpill thing so dudes can stop kidding themselves about their social disorder.
goddammit i was gonna accuse you of being one just from the thread title. don't spoil my fun op

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

FaradayCage posted:

The Matrix doesn't exist in The Matrix so you can't can't load up a program to learn kung-fu or have sex with literally everything.

Getting plugged back into The Matrix is like saying "Yeah I don't like this whole electricity and internet thing".

Yeah you have to ride around in a hovership and listen Teethy McSpaceBetweenThem and eat white goop. But on your time off you get to do all kinds of poo poo.

Major plothole in Cypher's motivations, IMO.

I'm going to consider writing a remake script on spec.

Also I'll get rid of the redpill thing so dudes can stop kidding themselves about their social disorder.

These guys were cool. I don't want to research their backstory because it will spoil the magic.

Think about it on both ends though, do aliens even have ships that could concievably attach their human stock and brainwipe it or whatever? It has been generations. They don't capture humans and attach them anymore they breed them in an internal system. Cypher was probably just going to be killed outright. But his nostalgia was real. For one, his job isn't one of the jobs that lets him do tons of cool cyberman stuff, but even when he does, it's tense, life threatening work, it's the life of a soldier. He knows his real body is in a coccoon the ruins of mankind constantly fleeing machines. That really, really sucks, you gotta be a goddamn communist guerilla sort of dedicated to a cause for that to not wear on you, and clearly it wears on everyone in zion, as apocalyptic orgy raves are pretty likely to just spontaneously break out for a political rally.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

FaradayCage posted:

The Matrix doesn't exist in The Matrix so you can't can't load up a program to learn kung-fu or have sex with literally everything.

Trinity learns how to fly a helicopter while inside the matrix, but I'll never know why someone who can pilot an electromagnetically powered hovercraft couldn't fly a helicopter.

Talking about all the things wrong with these movies and all the things that could have improved is a waste of time, hopefully someone revisits the concept now that VR and AR technology are taking off again.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
didnt one of the guys who made this start wearing womens clothes

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
What is this fourth stimpire poo poo did someone try to write the grossest possible dystopia or something?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Drunk & Ugly posted:

First one and then the other.

statistically i don't know how likely it is for 2 brothers to turn out to be late life trans women but they both are

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Drunk & Ugly posted:

That one girl in the movie that Cypher killed was named "Switch" and it was because she could switch her mouth from being off a dick to being on a dick as fast as Matrixers (the ones in suits I forget their name) move.

Basically all the wiminz in The Matrix do is bad acting.

Like lol Trinity. Just because you Cersei'd yourself into knowing you love The One and he's a dead man doesn't mean you can't smile once in awhile.

Anyhow, back to The Switcher 3.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I wish that reality really was the Matrix. I don't understand the plot, why were they trying to get out of it?

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

Moridin920 posted:

ignorance is bliss

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

SpaceAceJase posted:

I wish that reality really was the Matrix. I don't understand the plot, why were they trying to get out of it?

Because we're like slaves maaaaaaan we gotta be a free people!

Even though we destroyed the world in the first place.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

SpaceAceJase posted:

because you cant just make a movie about having the possibility to wander around enjoying poo poo all day thats boring

it would just be life

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin
I never understood the whole "get to a hard line to log out" thing.

Were they worried that the agents would accuse them of combat logging and not stop whining about it?

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Hate to poo poo in the soup here but if there was a matrix it would actually be real :airquote: because entropy dictates that any simulation as complex as reality would ultimately reach heat death as it approaches the voltage of the earths core, at which point it would simply give way to reality. But hey I'm not scientits. :shrug:
Just refresh my memory, what voltage is the earths core?

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

hemophilia posted:

Think about it on both ends though, do aliens even have ships that could concievably attach their human stock and brainwipe it or whatever? It has been generations. They don't capture humans and attach them anymore they breed them in an internal system. Cypher was probably just going to be killed outright. But his nostalgia was real. For one, his job isn't one of the jobs that lets him do tons of cool cyberman stuff, but even when he does, it's tense, life threatening work, it's the life of a soldier. He knows his real body is in a coccoon the ruins of mankind constantly fleeing machines. That really, really sucks, you gotta be a goddamn communist guerilla sort of dedicated to a cause for that to not wear on you, and clearly it wears on everyone in zion, as apocalyptic orgy raves are pretty likely to just spontaneously break out for a political rally.

His real body isn't in one, though.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If you eat the white goop and live in a cave you get to lose your virginity for real and if you stay in the matrix all you get to do is pretend you have sex for your entire life.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

reignofevil posted:

If you eat the white goop and live in a cave you get to lose your virginity for real and if you stay in the matrix all you get to do is pretend you have sex for your entire life.

Woah...

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Turmoil posted:

I never understood the whole "get to a hard line to log out" thing.

Were they worried that the agents would accuse them of combat logging and not stop whining about it?

it's a story constraint because if they could just drop out of the matrix safely any time they wanted then nothing would ever present any threat to them except instant death from total surprise which makes for a really short movie

e: I mean I realize you were making a joke and you know this, I totally knew that

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

dont let him fool you into eating any white goop

in the future im separating you two , i feel like hes having a bad influence on you

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Someone post the french guys girlfriend. I wanna plug into her matrix wink wink nudge nudge

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEpMkqc0Fd0

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Drunk & Ugly posted:

dont let him fool you into eating any white goop

in the future im separating you two , i feel like hes having a bad influence on you

But mom...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Actually op, the matrix is fine and "liberating" people by bringing them into a completely different world that they have no experience in and no knowledge of by the loving truckload just because you can is a terrible idea

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh word? You can plug dudes into a computer and they'll just know how to do stuff? Huh, weird, it's almost like being plugged into a computer is better for you than living in the Matrix's real world......

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

#sowoke

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Oh word? You can plug dudes into a computer and they'll just know how to do stuff? Huh, weird, it's almost like being plugged into a computer is better for you than living in the Matrix's real world......

Given that the magic all seems to happen when they plug some gigantic cord into your skull anyway I'd put forward that this is probably something humans could learn how to do in the real world if they had the resources and the time.

Edit- Tho it's gonna be pretty funny when you try out your new awesome skills at dodging bullets and poo poo and your regular fat body that has never worked a day in its life just leaves you sprawled all over the floor like a low rent star wars kid.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"Welcome to the real world, get ready to help us fight the machines!! War!! Fear!! Constant threat of death!!"

"uh hey can i go back to the place i was in where there are none of those things"

"No, shooting that gross sludgy birthing allegory scene again in reverse would be way too taxing on the film budget"

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

"Welcome to the real world, get ready to help us fight the machines!! War!! Fear!! Constant threat of death!!"

"uh hey can i go back to the place i was in where there are none of those things"

"No, shooting that gross sludgy birthing allegory scene again in reverse would be way too taxing on the film budget"

Maybe not everyone is a little bitch like you

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I don't want to be chopped up and fed to baby humans when I die. I would rather rot as a horrifying skeleton six feet below the earth while various pest creatures infest my corpse's chamber and begin living inside my chest cavity.

The natural way.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jukeboxblues posted:

"Maybe not everyone is a little bitch like you"

- man who shits in bucket on spaceship because he left all the toilets behind to live in squalor and misery

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Hopefully we can still bring post-2001 fashion trends to the dirty unplugged masses.

Behold:

How does this hat make you feel, Neo?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

idk poo poo bucket is pretty tight

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
*is on a cool rear end spaceship while bitch baby works a fake job for fake money and doesnt even know kung fu lmbo*

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Woah...... I don't know kung fu......

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

social vegan posted:

idk poo poo bucket is pretty tight

Here's the thing about making GBS threads into a bucket: would you be able to poo poo into a bucket if you were being pursued by metal cthulu creatures that want to grind you into gibs. Would you be able to pinch a loaf knowing that you might die at any second and you'd die while making GBS threads.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I have no mouth and there is no spoon.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

TBH the version of the matrix where they CAN drop out at any time and it doesn't matter ever but it's far more dangerous outside, is a better (& Scarrier) movie

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Here's the thing about making GBS threads into a bucket: would you be able to poo poo into a bucket if you were being pursued by metal cthulu creatures that want to grind you into gibs. Would you be able to pinch a loaf knowing that you might die at any second and you'd die while making GBS threads.

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Then fair enough. You have a stronger colon than I do I guess.

• Locked thread