Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Are you asking me to unplug you? Cuz I will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

OctoberBlues posted:

We're probably in a game of the loving sims anyway.
Basically if Elon Musk believes it, it's a dumb fad and you shouldn't care. All these dumb arguments are as old as the late stone age and nobody will ever know so it doesn't make any difference.

And frankly, if God/Aliens/Lucifer can't do better than the Sims, it was a failure from the get-go.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

OctoberBlues posted:

Yeah, but I found a glitch in the programming, let me detail it below in 3,000-5,000 words:

-
Wait, now the walls are breathing. What did you do?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I have no mouth and there is no spoon.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

reignofevil posted:

I think the real tragedy of the matrix is that the loving solar powered robots didn't take a hint and just go into space. Let us humans sit under the earth making GBS threads into buckets like we always have and always will. Maybe if they weren't stupid machines they would be able to stop trying to achieve their stupid goals and go off and be happy and lazy like a real sapient being.
We made them in our own image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

CJacobs posted:

His post is a 1:1 quote of what elon musk said when he was forced to talk about it
I don't get how he was "forced to talk about it". He's a spergy billionaire with too much time on his hands and because he has an accent some Americans take him seriously. He talks about poo poo that's as old as Pythagoras but all the internet suckups tell him he's a genius whereas people in real life take him with a grain of salt, so of course he believes in the matrix.

I'm all for weird metaphysical talk, but this is just more of the same "what if like, our whole world was a giant (X)?" Smoke some more hash, druggie.

• Locked thread