Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That's map is still really deceptive because the urban sprawl basically continues unabated all the way down to San Diego.

If it wasn't for Camp Pendleton it'd just be one big rear end megacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
OP thats how hot and huhmid it is here

AT NIGHT

EVERY SINGLE NIGHT

gently caress YOU

at least i can go to the pool at night and its not even remotely cold and kind of nice though

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Decebal posted:

Jesus, look how BIG it is ! Who thought that was a good idea ? Nobody got prosecuted for that ? "What, make another city ? No,no, just build it next to the other one! Yes, of course, merge them together. Who needs nature when there's concrete ? " I get why San Francisco is expensive, seeing how it has some beauty and a booming tech industry, but why LA ? Who actually looks forward to living there ?

ppl live there for the weather

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Decebal posted:

Jesus, look how BIG it is ! Who thought that was a good idea ? Nobody got prosecuted for that ? "What, make another city ? No,no, just build it next to the other one! Yes, of course, merge them together. Who needs nature when there's concrete ? " I get why San Francisco is expensive, seeing how it has some beauty and a booming tech industry, but why LA ? Who actually looks forward to living there ?

It is a bunch of little cities. It's just all the little cities kept on growing until they all bunched up next to each other. The best to describe Los Angeles was some quote by some person who said that Los Angeles is a bunch of little cities trying to find a common identity.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Decebal posted:

Why don't they just make LA highways wider ??? 4 lanes not enough, build 6 on each side. You can fit all those cars on the road if you really try.

Or the city could just make public transport legal again, but that will never happen.

already been done my man

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

already been done my man

drat, look at that! We are like an infection on the face of the Earth after all :(

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Decebal posted:

drat, look at that! We are like an infection on the face of the Earth after all :(

lol to live and die in LA

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 14, 2016

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

lol indeed, and the weather isn't even that great according to the OP

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

dad gay. so what posted:

im gonna be there next week pitching "castle kids" any suggestions? ive never been

Try the roast duck. It's very "moist".

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah except for that one of the world famous art museum nestled in the santa monica mountains, those all look like they're taken from the pretty and inexplicably green mountains that specifically aren't in those shots.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Or a chopper. But yeah there's some nice hiking in the hills.

LA is actually a cool city with a lot to do and the traffic is rarely as bad as it is in those photos.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Decebal posted:

lol indeed, and the weather isn't even that great according to the OP

For Transplants, and the kids of transplants they get pissy whenever the weather changes a wee bit because they quickly get used to constant sunshine every day and don't have that refined ability to tell the differences between the seasons from very slight weather changes, so when poo poo gets hots or muggy or rains its hits them all at once, and they get all confused.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

im trying to imagine the kind of person who would complain about coastal weather in a place where it doesn't even snow but i just can't get a good visual. could somebody help me out here?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

satanic splash-back posted:

im trying to imagine the kind of person who would complain about coastal weather in a place where it doesn't even snow but i just can't get a good visual. could somebody help me out here?

straight outta oakland

young yuppie with a stache

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

satanic splash-back posted:

Fake rear end news reporters. Also gently caress Jimmy Kimmel in his new monkey suit, he was ok on Kroq.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72mvm0tx_28

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Try living in an ancient brick building w no central air, it's 90% humidity 24/7/365

My mold are really happy though maybe you should try becoming mold

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Dallas Raines is cool tho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Zzil9iFbI

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

straight outta oakland

young yuppie with a stache

thank you it almost makes sense now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

bradzilla posted:

relative humidity is literally worthless you loving pissbitch. learn about how dewpoints work if you want to be smart about humidity :smug:

Who cares my phone tells me the RealFeel®

Today was 108 :downs:

• Locked thread