Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Welcome to the thread for Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan aka The Disastrous Life of Saiki K., now Saiki just wants to lead an average life so please go away. No? Well I guess here's the cast

Kusuo Saiki (Hiroshi Kamiya)

The mc!! Psychic, but just wants to be normal and not the mc of an anime, trying very hard to not get attention. Honestly, please just make one of these other people the mc. He'd rather you just leave him alone

Kuniharu Saiki (Mitsuo Iwata)

His dad, a snivelling fool and married to his mom both in the show and irl

Kurumi Saiki (Rikako Aikawa)

His mom, great symbol of the light side

Shun Kaidō (Nobunaga Shimazaki)

The Jet-Black Wings, the hero that will save this world. His first task is defeating the Murder-Dragoram Snake that Dark Reunion send after him. Can he succeed?

Riki Nendō (Daisuke Ono)

A great and powerful delinquent (nope) with a great intelligence (nope) that is Saiki's best friend (nope)

Kokomi Teruhashi (Ai Kayano)

Her kind spirit, great beauty and humility make her the perfect example of a Yamato nadeshiko

Chiyo Yumehara (Yukari Tamura)

Chiyo was just a normal first year girl but then what SHOCK! DOKI DOKI, she bumps into this mysterious and beautiful boy from her class. Turns out she's seated next to him, will she be able to win his heart in this wacky love comedy and get her perfect love?

Kineshi Hairo (Satoshi Hino)

The national dodgeball championships are approaching and our hero, Hairo, is on track to be the all-star carrying his team to victory when he gets a debilitating knee injury. Will he be able to recover and lead his team to victory?

WHERE TO WATCH: Funimation. They release a 5 minute short every monday till friday and compile them into 1 episode at the end of the week. IDK if they actually put everything into that ep, so just watch the shorts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Everyone should watch this show. This is a recommendation from someone who hasn't actually watched the show yet, but has been reading the manga for the last couple of years.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

just skimmed through the full episode that collected the first week of shorts and the format is basically stitching together the shorts with title cards/a quick musical sting. however the collected episode might be more convenient for people and it's got a cool eyecatch along with regular length OP/ED (the ED is great) and a next episode preview to get you hyped for the next 5 shorts.

eyecatch:
https://u.pomf.is/minuzg.mp4

ED:
https://u.pomf.is/zsozbr.mp4

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Saiki Kusuo is both cool and good! His parents are also some of the best characters in the show imo.

So stylish :allears:

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Davincie posted:

WHERE TO WATCH: Funimation. They release a 5 minute short every monday till friday and compile them into 1 episode at the end of the week. IDK if they actually put everything into that ep, so just watch the shorts

oh that explains a lot about why i couldnt tell if this was a short or a full length

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Hey this show is p funny. I like the dry satire.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

in today's episode, we learn that saiki is actually responsible for every single anime trope in existence

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Saiki Kusuo Episode 14 - Let's All Visit The Gay Beach!!!

https://u.pomf.is/bpilen.webm

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

and after that really bad Kaido-focused ep, i'm glad he got to just be adorable and win me back today

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

such very lol episode

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'll be waiting for the compilation episode, but this show is great. It completely flew under my radar until someone told me about it, and now I think not enough people are talking about it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Can't he take the little things from the side of his head and just dye his hair. :cmon:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mindblast posted:

Can't he take the little things from the side of his head and just dye his hair. :cmon:

but then he would stand out! it's like you didn't even watch short 10/episode 2

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Mindblast posted:

You'll get an episode for it

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Another (compilation) episode knocks it out of the park. This show is consistently good anime comedy.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Yeah, this perfectly fills the Daily Lives of Highschool Boys shaped hole in my heart.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

with the offical goon subs™, that i can not link because of the fascist dictatorship that we live in, officially caught up to the funi subs, there has never been a better time to catch up or start watching. continue now and remember:

oh... teruhashi-san~

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will illegally download the subs.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this show is amazing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://u.pomf.is/tpribi.webm

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Can someone explain to me what pun Psi-jien is supposed to be, because all I can think about is the Chinese word for goodbye.

e:

Oh...

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 24, 2016

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Wordplay, the bane of all translators

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also, just gonna restate that this is a good and funny show. Just wanted to reconfirm after actually watching a bunch of episodes.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

oh my god!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

That compilation episode was great.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the final character from the op finally appeared!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she is just so ridiculous that saiki always ends up helping her out, but the end result is that he is way nicer to her than any other character. i guess someone who has their own problems and isn't obsessed with him is the kind of person saiki gets along with.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

this week we got sexual

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this good show is almost over. everybody watch this good show

JD
Jan 11, 2003

The Colonel posted:

this good show is almost over. everybody watch this good show

Actually a new OP and ED, so it's gotta be two cour

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Yeah the second cour completely slipped past me until now. New OP is good.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do we know for sure if this is getting more than 85 shorts?

Lol how they just swapped the OP and ED artists though.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Something about the phrase Sunshine Crazy got me. Couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Show is still the best. Saiki's group of friends is great.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i was behind for a bit, but yumehara on the beach was the best

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Just stopping by to say that this show is still great and funny. It's a shame it'll be coming to an end soon.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Great comedy. I'm torn between being satisfied with what we got and actually wanting this sequel.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
did i miss an episode or did one of the characters in the op (the grey-haired person with some kind of headdress) never appear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

did i miss an episode or did one of the characters in the op (the grey-haired person with some kind of headdress) never appear?

You mean Saiko? Compilation episode 23, three shorts out of 111-115.

• Locked thread