Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
drat dude nice snipe

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Fukken noice

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
depends, what are you getting in return?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Is it somebody who would pick you up from the airport if asked? If not, you have no a priori obligation.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I've skipped the weddings of two cousins. One because I couldn't afford to go, and the other because I don't really talk to that side of the family or like them much.

So make up an excuse if you like the friend but don't want to go, and just don't go if you don't care that much for the friend anyways.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
It's always better to just watch the local paper and go to weddings of people you don't know. You still get free drinks, and there's no hard feelings when you don't bring a gift.

Insensitive
Aug 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ginette Reno posted:

I've skipped the weddings of two cousins. One because I couldn't afford to go, and the other because I don't really talk to that side of the family or like them much.

So make up an excuse if you like the friend but don't want to go, and just don't go if you don't care that much for the friend anyways.

A cousin of mine has a wedding coming up and I'm practically forced to go by my family. I have to pay $500 for plane tickets and extra for hotel.

I have met said cousin maybe 4 times in my entire life.

poo poo is hosed up.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Insensitive posted:

A cousin of mine has a wedding coming up and I'm practically forced to go by my family. I have to pay $500 for plane tickets and extra for hotel.

I have met said cousin maybe 4 times in my entire life.

poo poo is hosed up.

Even your family knows you're a bitch. Stand up and say ENOUGH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Skip their wedding, post on facebook about how you wanted to spend the time building a treehouse, instead.

• Locked thread