Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

With both Walt and Saul, it seems like a case of escalation born of desperation. They both seem to get in over their heads and then convince themselves to do "just this ONE more morally questionable act" and then everything will be OK. In Walt's case, he's just completely in over his head aside from the science and for every act he takes two more problems arise.

With Saul, you can see he's pretty much just been blackballed (primarily by his brother it turns out) and no one thinks he's a "real" lawyer anyway because of where he got his degree, but he never seemed "in over his head" with law. Season one actually shows he's pretty competent.

I could understand the Skylar hate briefly, but Chuck is a character I outright hate. Which is a shame, because I love Adrian Van Voorhees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

What do you think are some of the best examples of the great acting in this show?

It's hard to pick one with Bryan Cranston, but for Aaron Paul the scene that stands out the most to me is the one where he's beaten up in the hospital and Walt comes to see him for an offer, and Jesse just flips his poo poo and tells him off.

It might not be the BEST, but their last interaction was honestly my favorite and belongs up there. I remember that being so incredibly tense on the first watch.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Marie isn't boring she was the focus of several weird, pointless subplots.

At least Hank got a good ol' HJ out of it though.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Last Chance posted:

I always wondered this too, because it really could have been Gus that did it. I forget, when Walt actually poisons a kid does Gus noticeably recognize the use of children as a move to draw him out? Because if not, hurting kids might not be on his radar as something he'd expect to be an action of an enemy.

I always assumed he did, because it's not long after Gus pulls this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9cwsKHjTEk

• Locked thread