Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

BiggerBoat posted:

I was still a little unclear on the poisoning of Brock, how and when Walt pulled it off (I know he used the flower) and how Jessie put it all together. Also, when and how did Walt get the ricen into Lydia's sugar packet? If I remember right, there was more than one packet in the tray and it appeared to be sealed. How'd he know she'd pick that exact one?

She had a specific brand she preferred, so he made sure the poison was the only pack of it at that table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

BiggerBoat posted:

Maybe I need to look at it again but I seem to recall there being several packets of it. Even still, and assuming you're correct and if I'm remembering right, Todd and Lydia sat at a different table than they normally did. I remember that specifically because Lydia always sat by the window and wanted to talk back to back but this was clearly a 4 top.

I guess I can buy that Walt ricened up a packet, glued it back together and had it on him, so OK, but that was not Lydia's usual table. He couldn't have slid a premade pack of it into the tray because she'd already ordered her tea and was talking with Todd before Walt sat down. How'd he know she'd sit there? Maybe I need to rewatch the scene again and see if it's explained.

Yeah, the execution's really contrived in the show and it wouldn't surprise me if they flubbed details that would have fit the scheme. Haven't rewatched the episode to check, but I think the idea was that he planted at her usual table in advance? That whole ploy was about using her obsessively meticulous nature against her. He knew her usual brand for her usual drink at her usual table at the usual crime-meeting-cafe, and finally has a way to get rid of this poison the writers couldn't find a use for after 5 years.

• Locked thread