Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Posting to bookmark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SEL27xiJGQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
For me I was just like, wow you gonna let a dumb kid die in the bed she made.

You're supposed to be a teacher.

gently caress you Walt.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

he's a middle-aged man in a rocky, childless marriage

rocky you say?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

eidt: Holy poo poo, Bill Burr as the fake EPA agent. Never noticed that.

Whoa?

I love me some Bill Burr

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Posting to bump since I don't have a good response to your good post

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Fake edit: going through old saved gifs

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Len posted:

I remember lots of calling Skyler a Thundercunt

and loving :tviv: ad nauseam

extremely obnoxious but hey

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

In that Jane scene, I remember Walt seeing her choking and making an instinctual move to help her before stopping and reconsidering (if she dies then it removes the obstacle between him and Jesse) then just standing and watching her choke to death. To be fair he does seem to agonize over it, but he still (from what I remember) makes the conscious choice to let her die.

This is how I remember it as well.

Agonize or not he made a choice.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Murphy Brownback posted:

Really it all comes down to Jessie as the main reason Jane died. He got her back into drugs, he told her about the meth business and made her a threat to Walt, so it was inevitable she was going to die. If Walt had saved her she would have just died some time later in a similar way anyway. They were never going to go to New Zealand and be bush pilot artists or whatever, they would just do what addicts do when they get a ton of money.

Of course it was still terrible for Walt to not act, but it's not really even close to the worst thing he did morally.

This is a very depressing outlook you have. Although you're right about what addicts do with a poo poo ton of money. She had her dad on her side just like Amy Winehouse, errrr

But we aren't talking about the worst thing Walt did, just the subjective bit where we think he really broke bad.

drat I hate that phrase it's so cheesy.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blind Melon posted:

He broke bad in the pilot, we are talking about when he became unsympathetic.

Maybe I just don't understand what that ridiculous phrase meant. :shrug:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Harold Stassen posted:

Honestly for me it wasn't til he took the baby.

That and the fight with Skyler definitely sealed the deal.

Still saying Jane and maybe before that but yeah.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Escobarbarian posted:

Skyler is portrayed as sort of over-the-top and bitchy for, what, three episodes? Pretty much until she finds out about the cancer? After that the hate literally was just misogynist bullshit.

Old tviv thread was very bad about this.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Escobarbarian posted:

Because she's the main character's 'nagging wife', and many people aren't used to the idea that the lead character in a show might not be the protagonist, so they root for Walt up until he literally poisons a child and get mad at that stupid bitch standing in his way.

Yeah it's this.

The old threads were so toxic.

It's good that we've moved on.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Secular Humanist posted:

Jesse's "Know why I'm here? To sell ya meth!" scene at the rehab group meeting was amazingly good.

I can say the only bad acting I remember from BB was the prostitute lady Wendy. Makeup team did a great job but her acting was so stiff.

Also the absolutely cartoonish treatment of generic "drug addicts" gets kind of eyerolly sometimes. Like that guy who Jesse "tricks" into digging a hole in his front yard was.... I dunno, anyone know any actual meth heads? Does it actually make people that insane?

The sleep deprivation alone can cause psychosis. The way it fucks with your dopamine system doesn't help either.

Also if e person experiencing the psychosis is young and/or dumb they may not know to expect hallucinations, paranoia etc.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Walt, Hal and LBJ have something in common. They let it all hang out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Guy Mann posted:

Also I know that it's something that can't be helped but Jonathan Banks is almost 70 years old and with him getting more screen time and being a lot more hands-on than he was in Breaking Bad it's definitely starting to make his constant supercop antics a little hard to swallow. I mean, he's a great actor and he can look intimidating for miles and hold a gun like nobody's business but when they start having him delivering beatdowns on thugs half his age and disarming a dude holding a gun to his head in an instant it really pushes the illusion to its breaking point even with the best TV magic at work.

I really hope he lives for a good long time because another thing about his increased involvement is that if he bites it anytime soon they're either going to have to end the show or pull off something really awkward like when Tony's mom died in The Sopranos.

I read this thing that suggests that men get stronger as they age, like chimp strong. They just completely lack endurance so if they can finish a dude with one hit they win. If they miss, they'll be wheezing and getting beat down.

Not sure how much truth there is to this but I wouldn't pull some poo poo on an angry old dude who'd been scrapping his whole life.

• Locked thread