Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Jerusalem posted:

It's been awhile since I watched it so I don't recall the exact wording, but I think in season 2 Gretchen meets with Walt about him lying to Skyler and Walt has a little outburst about how Gray Matter built its fortune on his research and she looks aghast and says something like,"You can't really believe that, can you?" - just the very concept seemed completely out of left field to her.

Their TV interview post the Heisenberg outing does feel like they're in damage control mode and perhaps overstating how little a role he had in their lives, but I do think that Walt either deliberately misleads (or genuinely believes) that he played a far bigger part in Gray Matter's success than he actually did. Not that he wasn't brilliant or capable of contributing if he had stuck around, but that he can't accept the notion that they were not only successful without him but WILDLY successful.

Yeah I get the feeling that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. And regardless of his actual contributions, he was a co-owner at one point and definitely missed out on at least several hundred million dollars by cashing out way too early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Timby posted:

A subset of goons thought that Jonathan Banks dubbed a line of Walt's dialogue in talking with the Neo-Nazis.

It seriously led to pages' worth of back-and-forth nonsense.

I didn't join SA until 2011, was it more or less ridiculous than "I acquit" or "What is this, the local?"

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

I'll chop off my left nut if Jason David Frank doesn't make a cameo. Dude loves Power Rangers almost as much as Jesus and MMA.

• Locked thread