Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Mark Margolis really hits it out of the park playing a guy who can't talk or move other than facial expressions and a bell. Despite all of that he remains one of the most unique and memorable characters of the show. I'd say that's a pretty great example of the kind of amazing performances in the show.

I'd also say that the guy playing Victor was better than you'd expect considering how much more I hated seeing Tyrus in scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

For what it's worth, Skylar wasn't a well-liked character because she's boring for the first season and a half because the writers gave her nothing to do. It's exactly that simple--once she got stuff to do, she stopped being an insufferable nag (and just became an rear end in a top hat).

It's stupid to call all criticism of Skylar misogyny just as much as it is stupid to call Skylar nothing but a miserable nagging oval office. It's exactly that simple also.

The non-Walt characters are written and directed in the first season to be annoying and emasculating of Walt. The premise of the show is to have you sympathize with this unremarkable, kinda pathetic 50 year old man in the beginning as you watch him break bad, and gradually up until the end you see him transform from a well meaning Mr. Rogers in to a horrible monster of a Scarface.

If someone is saying Skyler is a 'bitch' past season 3, and even in to season 2 then I think it's a definite red flag. When Walt's actions are written on paper there is no way someone can really take his side over hers. He lied to his family and put them all in immense danger and twisted her arm in to staying in a broken marriage with a man she is terrified of.

She's not the most likeable character in the show but the show ends with her terrifying husband killing her brother in law, widowing her sister, putting the family in danger (including having a bunch of neo-nazis come in to her infant daughter's bedroom to threaten her), and stealing her infant daughter while leaving her destitute and bound for prison.

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 9, 2016

• Locked thread