Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Lydia stevia thing was, is and probably always will be the dumbest thing about the finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I still find it funny Walt had sunk so low they had to bring actual neo-Nazis in to make him seem better by comparison.

As for guy asking about the Brock poisoning Saul explains it and his part in it in like the s5 premiere I believe.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Guy Mann posted:

No it's mostly just people complaining about the old BB threads talking about Mike's voice and Mike trying to shoot Jesse five years later and doing "hilarious" "parodies" of it constantly.

Mike's voice truther spotted

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
re the smartphones thing I believe the show is mostly meant to be set around 2008 and they really hadn't taken off as a thing by then. the only iPhone out was the original, and people were exactly champing at the bit for it until at least the second model, that I recall.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ninjahedgehog posted:

I didn't join SA until 2011, was it more or less ridiculous than "I acquit" or "What is this, the local?"

They're all equally stupid.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I certainly didn't want Breaking Bad lite, and I think the second season of Saul is far better than the first.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The local one? It was a joke Kenneth made in an episode of 30 Rock that was about the fact the elevator was in use a lot but that a small subsection of goon crazies interpreted as being racist

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I guess for her that place is really......the local

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I feel like they deliberately wrote the death scene to have many different levels, making most if not all interpretations in this thread equally valid. No need to argue about it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Skyler is portrayed as sort of over-the-top and bitchy for, what, three episodes? Pretty much until she finds out about the cancer? After that the hate literally was just misogynist bullshit.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blind Melon posted:

This right here is a third of the reason I dislike Skyler.

The other two thirds are half heatedly embracing her dark side when it is convenient and beneficial for her, and being a poorly written antagonist with no real role to play. Walt did what evil he did for selfish reasons just like Skyler did what evil she did for her.

Going after Jesse instead of having a conversation with Walt about his marijuana use is simultaneously controlling and pathetic.

Wasn't the marijuana thing in one of the first 3 episodes? I was considering that her last truly lovely moment.

Also I get you didn't actually mean a third of the reason you hated Skyler is for misogynistic reasons but honestly that is exactly how that first sentence reads. You might wanna elaborate instead of just being insulting.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blind Melon posted:

Scamming Bogden out of the car wash. Not taking the advice of her lawyer. Pushing Walt to kill Jesse. Siding with Walt against Hank and Marie because she thought he was going to win and she was going to get to keep the blood money.

For the benefit of the condescending and deliberately obtuse?

I meant like typical "naggy lovely female character" bad. I don't think you quite understand what people mean when they're talking about Skyler hate. Nobody's saying she was a totally morally right character.

And I mean....dude, you know it is entirely possible for you to phrase something badly, right? I seriously have no idea what you could possibly have meant, reading the actual words you wrote, other than "a third of my hatred for Skyler is based on misogyny". That's literally, objectively what you wrote.

Is this a troll? Am I being trolled?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress it this is why I never read the main threads in the first place :(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Because.....you said why *I* dislike Skyler. As in, why you personally dislike her. Not why she is widely disliked. And then the rest of your post is about why you personally dislike her too. Have you gone back and read your original post since you made it?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I didn't consider that because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
And wanting to be a writer? Fuckin unforgivable. I would make fun of the turkey bacon one but I assume that's a joke

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nobody's saying she's meant to be a perfect housewife, though?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

She's as morally ambiguous and as much of a victim as anyone other character so I'm not sure why she gets singled out for so much hatred.

Because she's the main character's 'nagging wife', and many people aren't used to the idea that the lead character in a show might not be the protagonist, so they root for Walt up until he literally poisons a child and get mad at that stupid bitch standing in his way.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahahah just caught up with the last 48 posts in this thread and holy hell literally every criticism of Skyler given in that period can be boiled down to "she's a bitch! what a bitch!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's okay, man. It can just be not exactly your type of thing without you having to express to us all how it's actually "not great".

• Locked thread