Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I feel like the OP should include links to the old threads, they're fun to read in a morbid way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Rirse posted:

Okay I am liking season 4 a lot, but man the opening with Jesse playing Rage with a lightgun was so stupid it took me out of the fact it suppose to be a dramatic scene of him re-living killing Gale by playing a videogame. Especially Rage, a mediocre game that is largely forgotten at this point.

Jesse's taste in games isn't that great (see him and Brock playing Sonic 2006.. terrible.. poor kid). But the Metacritic score of the game he's playing isn't really the point of that scene

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ninjahedgehog posted:

I didn't join SA until 2011, was it more or less ridiculous than "I acquit" or "What is this, the local?"

Well like clockwork it comes up every loving year/thread when some sweet summer child asks "What's Mike's voice?" and we discuss it for another 10 pages. The examples you mention don't seem to have as much lasting power.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

JVNO posted:

I can buy Walt exploiting Lydia's obsessive compulsion to poison her. I had absolutely no problem with that.

Until someone last page pointed out her and Todd are not at Lydia's usual seat.

Now, practically, I think this was because they couldn't get the shot they wanted from her usual booth. Lydia on one side, Todd on another, and Walt perpendicular facing toward the camera. You would have to film from outside to get that shot in the two seater booths, and the scene was probably too long for such a gimmicky shot. I guess practicality and cinematography just beat out concerns for consistency. But given how that plot point hinges on Walt exploiting Lydia's predictability, it really undermines the scene for me.

It's the same seat each time except for when Lydia gets spooked and sits in a different seat from Todd, but that wasn't the time with Walt + the Ricin

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Shaking Jesse caused Jane to roll over, but it's tenuous to say she would've lived through the overdose.
Her heart didn't stop or something, she choked on her own vomit... That wouldn't have happened if she continued to lay on her side, which is common junkie knowledge :colbert:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

they could have filmed it with Todd on one side, Lydia on the other and Walt's big bald head in the silouetted in the center. That actually might have been pretty cool come to think of it.

edit:

Well I'll be damned. Maybe it was the way it was shot from the other side of the table that made me think it was a different spot since it always seemed to me that the table was rigth up agains the window and was a two seater.

edit 2: Here's why I thought this. It's a totally different table. Used to be a booth

Lydia meets mike (booth):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3owO7ryHsM

Lydia meets Todd and Walt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgwHf2gWTyU

Now it looks like an entirely different place which only raises more questions, but indeed there is only ONE packet of the sweetener. So if it was a different place, how did Walt know where Lydia would sit? Nitpicking I know.

Lydia met Mike at Mike's favorite breakfast place where he knew the waitress (seen in Better Call Saul a couple times).

Lydia never met Walt there. She always met him at the same time, same table, same restaurant for months (seen during the Crystal Blue Persuasion song montage). That's how Walt knew she would be there and where she would sit. You're overthinking it and trying to find a continuity error where there isn't one.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Oh I honestly forget - did he not move her onto her back?

poo poo I thought he moved her onto her back by actually touching her. Then you'd argue eggshell doctrine if the heroin was brought up, because it doesn't matter how you find your victim, you take them as they are

He was pushing Jesse, trying to wake him up and caused her to roll over, but it's splitting hairs at that point.

This thread is giving me fits of nostalgia, it's like a microcosm of all of the previous threads over the years, hitting all the major points: Did Walt kill Jane, Mike's Voice, making fun of Mike's Voice, What's Mike's Voice?, When did Walt become evil??, The Shield is like Breaking Bad here are some spoilers: (thankfully with spoiler tags this time around). :allears:

I'm not complaining, it's just really nostalgic

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

piratepilates posted:

I believe threatening to kill the daughter? (did this happen? I read it somewhere but I don't remember watching it).

No.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Not if that character is given a lot of focus. You're thinking of Marie--a boring character who suffers from being inconsequential to the main plot. Skylar is not only boring, she's literally only utilized to nag at Walt, to play at "finding him out" at points where it's pretty obvious she's not going to. She's a fine actress, it's clear why Anna Gunn got as much screen time as she did, but she doesn't move the plot nor advance any of the intrigues. It's not really anyone's fault by the writers as far as I see it. And after Season 3, you've enough to go on to make a choice of liking or disliking Skylar based upon her actions. She behaves foolishly, I think, but believably so.

It doesn't help anyone's case when they can't spell a character's name right, even when they "hate" that character so much. I've always been curious, is that misspelling on purpose or not?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Secular Humanist posted:

One thing I don't fully get: In S4 how did Walt know that the Tyrus dude or whatever his name was would happen to be watching the DEA that one afternoon when Hector showed up to the DEA to "inform"? Obviously Walt was counting on Tyrus seeing him there and reporting back to Gus that Hector was talking to the DEA, but what if Tyrus just happened to not notice or be there monitoring them when Hector showed up?

IIRC, Gus had close tabs on Hector AND Hank because it was clear Hank was on their trail. I assumed it was part of Walt/Hector's plan that Hector would *only* talk to Hank in order to draw him out of hiding, which would almost certainly catch Gus's attention if Hector going to the DEA offices wasn't enough.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

JVNO posted:

Did Gus order Tomas murder? Gus seems appalled at the suggestion, but Walt appears to call his bluff, 'I would never ask you that.' It's not really confirmed one way or the other- but the body being left in the open makes it seem like a blatant attempt to provoke Jessie into getting himself killed.

I always wondered this too, because it really could have been Gus that did it. I forget, when Walt actually poisons a kid does Gus noticeably recognize the use of children as a move to draw him out? Because if not, hurting kids might not be on his radar as something he'd expect to be an action of an enemy.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

I never disliked Skylar as a character but I was super bored with any of her side plots that were just her on her own. Like the bit where she was working at the dealership was mad dull.

What dealership?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I like it. Not every show has to move its plot along at a breakneck pace. It's nice when you let stuff simmer a bit sometimes.

• Locked thread