Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I disliked Skyler because most of the time she was on screen in the first season or two, I wanted to punch her in the face.

She has an Etsy store, she fancies herself a short story author, she displays zero intrigue as she uses "writing research" as an excuse to get information out of Marie, she autistically and loudly embarrasses Walt, Jr. in public, in front of peers, over the fit of the crotch in pants she's forcing him to buy, cooks turkey bacon for a man's birthday, "the Mastercard is the one we DON'T use!" WALTER IS SMOKING POT!!!!, and the list goes on with examples of her being generally controlling and thoughtless and entitled.

So, yeah, sorry, I call people who pull that poo poo cunts, sometimes.

On the flip side, of course, that gives her character a lot of room to grow, and over the course of the series that happens. She's clueless because she doesn't have to be awake or aware of anything, but as soon as poo poo gets real, she's there. I like the evolution of her character. She was just painful as gently caress for the first half or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

oh jay posted:

This is not the first time I've heard this as fuel for hating her, and I still don't get it.

They are poor people and either their other card gets better rewards or the Mastercard is for emergencies only or something. Walt was being an idiot.

You're right, as are the posters above you, but again, the point of all of it is to allow her character to grow from naggy housewife to Mrs. Scarface. Even if those annoyances don't make her a terrible person worthy of being called a oval office, we're getting Walt's perspective of going from a star chemist to a milquetoast high school teacher who goes home to more being yelled at. In the beginning, it justifies his conscious heel-turn.

She annoyed me because she's meant to seem annoying.

• Locked thread