Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yo, the last page was kind of terrible with shitposts and bickering. Shape up.

BiggerBoat posted:

That's a pretty great point. Overall the level of professionalism, from the scripts to the acting to the direction, are at a really high level for just a regular cable TV show.

I finished Better Call Saul Season 1. Is S2 up anywhere? It's not on Netflix and I don't have cable.

On the topic of sympathetic characters and such, Better Call Saul does a remarkable job making a guy who we all know winds up as a complete scumbag remarkably relatable. I think the common theme with both of these shows is moral ambiguity; examining the specific point that people stop being victims and start being creeps. It's almost like as soon as a regular guy )or gal) starts pushing back and asserting themselves, they almost HAVE to compromise their ideals and their standards.

Season 2 of BCS for some reason isn't going up until around when season 3 is scheduled to start. As a whole BCS is interesting because pretty much every move Jimmy makes seems reasonable on it's own (with a couple of BIG exceptions in S2) but other people's actions are what lead him toward becoming Saul. While on BB Walt is pretty much the sole architect of his fall. He had multiple chances to stop and just walk away but his control freak nature pushes him to further and further extremes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I never disliked Skylar as a character but I was super bored with any of her side plots that were just her on her own. Like the bit where she was working at the dealership was mad dull.

• Locked thread