Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
You'll need to have Infinite Warfare's disc in the console to play MWR, so if you were planning on selling IW and keeping MWR, no dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
5 of the returning weapons have been announced! With new, sillier names!
Intervention (now TF141), UMP (MacTav 45), SPAS-12 (S-Ravage), M1, and ARX-160 (OSA)

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 14, 2016

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
I feel let down.

Frontier is a godawful map. 50% spawn zones, 20% sniper alley, 30% featureless tunnel. The rooms in the spawn zones seem designed to facilitate spawntraps since the game doesn't mind dropping players in one when enemies are literally ADSing at both doorways. And they've come up some ingenious new annoyances like corpses flying into the sunset on death, and intangible space windows you're supposed to know you can shoot through. Frost is one of those maps built entirely of blind corners, which echh. Throwback's ok, I guess.

I haven't gotten to the later weapons, but the early sandbox is disappointing. Low kill times and tiny maps mean the automatic primaries all kind of run together, and snipers are relegated to quickscoping and dumbass sniper duels across Frontier's main alley. They didn't learn the lesson from Blops 3's shotguns and give them guaranteed minimum damage per shot. Shotgun spread and range are both hilariously crap. They named a shotgun the Banshee, gave it some interesting flavor as being a sonic weapon and... it shoots projectiles that behave exactly like shotgun pellets. Great. Perfect. The semi-auto pistol sucks, but you knew that already because the Treyarch logo doesn't show up when you boot the game. Super weapons are weird; two are just scatterguns that kill slightly faster than normal auto weapons. I haven't used the laser, but I assume it's just another flimsy pretext for projecting a cone of death in front of your character when you hold the trigger.

The reward system is... confusing. I've earned 654 points of scrap, but the only time the game said, "Good job, have some scrap," was when I opened my free sadness box. The rest just showed up unannounced. The faction missions are neat little diversions, but it's not entirely clear what you get for leveling up with the faction. Maybe it has something to to with the camouflages that appear in the match rewards???

There are a bunch of nice little touches elsewhere, but they all get canceled out by the fact that the game does not consider you joinable when you're sitting in a lobby waiting for people to join you. I'd swear Ghosts (maybe AW) did the exact same thing, and it never got fixed. Why.

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 15, 2016

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Macys posted:

Assuming you mean the Merc's Super "laser" (read: plasma stream), it has finite range.

That's right, finite. It's basically the flamethrower from C&C: Renegade; a super thin stream of non-instant death, that ends about max shotgun range.

Ah, so Chinese knockoff Zarya, without the fun skill-based mechanic or the giant woman who wants to hug people like beeg fuzzy Seeberian bear. I'll pass, Bowling.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Nuke confirmed as instant win condition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHmAch3h9jo

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
I guess we'll have to migrate to this thread eventually...

JackGeneric posted:

Know what we're sorely lacking? Spreadsheets.

The Signup Sheet
The Results

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 29, 2016

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Macys posted:

Jack, can you delete the q where I misspelled Mac? tia

Gladly.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Dapper_Swindler posted:

How bad/good is the multiplayer so far? i am one of those sad fucks who buys cod for the singleplayer because its my equivalent to a summer blockbuster/guilty pleasure.

Based on the beta, it played similarly to Black Ops 3, but with a lot more reasons to fall over dead before you're able to react. Map design got away from some of Treyarch's more obnoxious tendencies (every map must have 3 lanes, dom flags must always be in a line, wall-running can only be used for flanking routes) but they're still a mixed bag.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I could have swore the DLC packs added some extra guns as well in Blops 3? Or am i thinking of Advanced Warfare again?

Well if that's the case then i suppose it's business as usual :v:

Extra guns were added by patches, but owning a specific DLC pack was not a requirement to get earn them from the slot machine supply drops.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
The third supply drop exclusive epic is a shotgun that makes people explode when you get a melee kill, and the rares and legendaries are nothing to get jealous over.

However, the reward for maxing out your social link with Team Skull is a sniper rifle with a free suppressor that doesn't decrease its range.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Drav posted:

How do you customize your loving rig with like new helmets and poo poo

When you're selecting which rig you want it should prompt you to press Y/Triangle to personalize them.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Beyond the actual gameplay issues, this stupid game is just criminally lacking in personality and feedback. I'm legitimately struggling to tell maps apart. I think they could merge Scorch, Mayday and Stardock into a single map and people would be hard pressed to notice. Good luck figuring out that an enemy has their super before you die, because there are literally no audio cues, and the visual cues are worthless. I have newfound appreciation for all the work Treyarch did making supers easy to read at a distance. No leaderboards, no stats, not even a goddamn medal viewer. The gently caress did they put their three years of effort into?

Also, anybody started progressing Strike Team 7 or the Wraiths? I gave up on ST7 when the second challenge I got was to kill two people with one lethal (good joke, game), and I'm wondering if all the challenges suck that badly. Also curious what kinds of challenges you get with the Wraiths.

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 6, 2016

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So I am new to call of duty multiplayer so looking for tips because every single matched I've played, I get killed before I even get the chance to fire a single shot.

I have played shooters but for the life of me I cannot seem to land a single kill and die 20 times in a match

• Map knowledge is a big help. The more you build up your mental model of the level, the less you'll get flanked or wander in front of a major sightline by accident.
  • Even when your team doesn't have a UAV up and your enemies aren't shooting, you can still use the minimap to get a very rough idea of where the enemy is: it's probably where your team isn't. If your entire team is pushing across the map, eventually the game's going to start putting enemies behind you. Be ready for that.
  • Try to avoid sprinting/jumping/wallrunning ahead without having some idea where you're going and where you expect to see enemies. That was an easy way to lose gunfights in previous CoDs, and this one feels even deadlier than most.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Also, sometimes I win a match and the person at the lobby afterwards gives me poo poo for losing the match.

They whine if you fail the mini-mission (Get X headshots or whatever).

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

quote:

• EAK ADS fire fix
  • Fixed a bug where the Stinger would lock on to your own Killstreaks in FFA

Did they just straight up publish a bunch of Git commit messages without any editing? The Stinger's obvious because there's only one thing that locks on, but what in the world is the EAK? My guess is the Volk (Electro-AK?) but who knows.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Macys posted:

Attack Attack Attack

[extremely nerd voice] You need to attack more than once? You should work on that.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Macys posted:

Pretty sure you've heard me yelling about hitting three times with the BRM within its lethal range, and opponents still living through it. :ironicat:

I-it's one of the dialogues you got if Ruin and Spectre were the first two players to spawn in

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

victrix posted:

If you own BO3 and you preordered IW, you can launch BO3 get 1k codbux, launch IW and buy 5 crates to get three emblems a dupe common and a reticle. GET ON IT.

This does not seem to be true. The messages of the day say CoD Points are now for sale and CP purchased in one game can be spent in the other, but neither game gave me free stuff just for logging in. I digitally preordered the $60 edition via Amazon, if that makes any difference.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm still downloading but if I'm understating things correctly you can buy points in BO3 and use them in IW

You can buy points in IW too, my dude.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Has someone on Reddit or somewhere made sense of how the daily bonus works yet? It definitely isn't a daily reset, like a sane game would do. My best guess is that getting your daily bonus sets off a 24-hour timer, and when that expires you're eligible again, but that doesn't seem right since I didn't get one at all last night, and I haven't got one for logging in today either.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
I figured out how I'll make it through the pistol kills calling card without losing my sanity, and it is Auto Sear, Akimbo, Laser Sight, Suppressed Kendalls. The reload is a little screwy (the ammo moves from reserve to gun very late in the animation), and the magazines are a bit small, but you can win fights at surprising range.

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 21, 2016

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Javes posted:

Someone datamined the game and got some info. That new NV4 variant sounds absurdly powerful, it excels in every scenario. Also, is man-at-arms really all that necessary for an 8% movement speed increase? Infusion is a tough trait to give up. The payload cooldown timers were posted as well and phase shift has the fastest charge rate despite being arguably the best ability in the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Infinitewarfare/comments/5ed71s/datamined_infinite_warfare_data_dump/

Well, they managed to balance the Flatline make the Flatline a worse choice than stock in spite of its amazing ability, so maybe there's a hidden stat nerf that'll keep it in line (please god)

Also, you mentioned getting 2000 scrap for completing a Mission Team recently. I got Orion Initiative to 50, and that didn't happen. Is it like prestiging where you have to complete a secret, extra level?

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Macys posted:

The amount is the cumulative total, over the course of leveling it up.

of course it is

this loving game

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

So hollow point gives a 1.35 headshot multiplier, except on the M1 where it's nerfed to 1.3... but even 1.35x wouldn't push it over the line to a one-hit kill. Womp womp.

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 27, 2016

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

widespread posted:

What does Radar mode even do, I wonder. If the answer isn't a free Personal Radar, I'll write off the Vulture as a waste.

It creates a radar pulse (like Warfighter's Ping ability) centered on the Vulture every second or so. But since the Vulture is kind of apathetic about following you, if you're moving it spends a lot of its time pinging where you just were, which is not super helpful.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
The patch notes mention changes to the sentry gun aiming logic, and I think that may have lifted the Vulture out of toilet tier. I got like six medals from one in a match tonight and when an enemy called one in, it didn't feel as trivial to evade. It's still kind of a hovering afterlife machine, but it didn't feel like as much of a parody.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Godzilla07 posted:

Variants are more fun than useful right now, but it's still depressing knowing that you're not going to play with them unless the RNG gods bless you.

Yeah. If I could get enough scrap to get an epic once per prestige, I'd consider that a good balance of spacing out the rewards, making the long term goal feel achievable without luck, and still leaving enough content behind the luck gate.

As is, it's just a way to give unlucky people consolation commons and rares.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Nano shot has been moved down to level 51, so now you get virtually no time with it instead of literally no time with it.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

victrix posted:

Also I think Marked Target highlights you in bright red on the minimap for the entire enemy team

I know the Sensor perk for rare guns does this, but I never noticed it with Marked Target. I wouldn't put it past them to omit such a major detail, of course, but I don't think it's true.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Ok, so the new ones are:
  • R3K - Spearhead (Rare): Decreased delay between bursts, increased recoil. Increased damage against scorestreaks.
  • Type-2 - Atomic (Legendary): Gets nukes. Reduced spread while sliding.
  • Mauler - Grizzly (Rare): Faster ADS, worse hip fire spread. Move faster while crouched.
  • Titan - Vile (Common): Move faster while crouched.
  • KBS - Affliction (Legendary): Damage reduces movement speed. Faster melee.
  • EBR-800 - Bomber (Epic): Charged 3-round burst. Infinite breath hold duration.
  • Banshee - Slither (Common): Reduced spread while sliding.
  • DCM-8 - Epitatch (Epic): Each shot reduces hip fire spread. Reduced recoil.
  • Rack-9 - Volatile (Legendary): Random attachment on spawn. Move faster while crouched.
  • EMC - Heavy Weight (Common): Faster melee.
  • Oni - Amped (Rare): Faster ADS, worse hip fire spread. Increased damage against scorestreaks.
  • Hailstorm - Thunder (Epic): Fast-cycling auto-burst, increased recoil. Reduced sway.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can you use it to get the space dog calling card?

Probably? But there's no increase to rate of fire, so it'll only help you if your problem is with tapping the trigger repeatedly or not having a fancy enough looking gun.

Also, there's a bug where you can add it to your loadout before level 48, but the game won't spawn you with it. :iw:

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Servers are down while they try to unfuck the Christmas presents. They're estimating an hour.

Black Ops 3, however, still works and is a still a good game, with ledge boosting and functional pistols and a medal viewer.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Macys posted:

And a theater mode. And human faces. And cover penetration. And Launcher/deployable resupplying with Scavenger. And sub-1300 point streaks that can actually get more than two kills. And good shotguns.

[One solid hour of carping later]nd a daily bonus system that gives reasonable prizes. And decent sound des-- Oh hey, it's back up.

And instead of opening at midnight (eastern), the next Christmas gift opens at noon because why not.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

victrix posted:

Does that ripper expire at midnight or noon tomorrow?

Noon

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
20 scrap away from the Bomber, and I had enough for a box.

This game is piss.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

ACR [...has] been data mined :getin:

Oh man, I can't wait until they add a super-accurate, middling-damage gun to Infinite Warfare. Why, such a gun might well come to define the meta.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Huh 300 bucks isn't nearly as bad as I thought.

It's 2 dollars per rare box, so that'd make it $1200+ (ignoring the bonus coins for bulk purchases)

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Gordon Shumway posted:

Got a little over 4000 salvage now. So if I were going to craft an Epic weapon, should I go with the NV4 or the R3KT? The Epic LMGs and snipers are locked at the moment.

Chaos is supposed to be really good. Flatline is by and large worse than the stock NV4. R3KT is basically what the Volk should have been.

Invective is a good choice if available. Butcher definitely ain't worth it, and I haven't heard good things about Goliath.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

housefly posted:

Where do I check my progress toward space dog? Im estimating I'm around 40 or so kills, but don't really know. Is it a dark ops challenge?

Yep, it's a Classified challenge, so there's no way to track progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

widespread posted:

As the Zombies community would say, "temporal displacement" is why we get poo poo like holo sights and ACRs and Amelis in what is supposed to be MW1 times.

Isn't that just Blu-Resin from Sabre Team Seven.

Blu-Resin is more of a pastel blue, and has a subtle lined texture. That looks like someone took an untextured square of (0,0,255) blue and called it a day.

• Locked thread