Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lol if you buy this game for a decade old remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Battered wife syndrome. We all genuinely loving hate this series but what else are we going to play? Something fun?

gently caress that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not even my 3rd favorite map will make me pre-order, or buy, this dumb poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

I don't think it has atmosphere. The concept has a wide open door, and there's no visible bubble or anything around it.

What's the point of a moon map if I can't shoot a window and kill everyone?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

25 killstreak will be to stop the game for 30 seconds so you can evaluate how you're wasting your life playing a bad video game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mill Village posted:

New gameplay video from Comic Con. Still don't understand what the bitching is about. Looks like COD to me. Spaceship combat looks great.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vP_8_8LAi4I

Zombies confirmed as well. No videos til next month. RIP Extinction

Hope we see multiplayer soon.

This looks super dumb.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bill NYSE posted:

The player is seen firing lasers from a rifle, yet the hoverjet called in sprays bullets. What the gently caress future did I sign up for?

Welcome to the lowest bid contract military complex

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MW3 had some good mp maps. I can't say that about BLOPS3.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can't wait for the future era of warfare to end and we jump to the time traveling era of warfare.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

fivegears4reverse posted:

The best space combat games ever pretty much pay no attention to any aspect of 'realism' because realism in videogames eats a lake of dicks on a good day.

Freespace 2 was plenty real, friend.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: if you're looking forward to this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

bring back things from ghosts imo

Bring back Carl and Karl.

Also bring back attack dogs from BLOPS1. Give them doggie space suits if you call them on a space map.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is there an announced time of when in COD XP they're doing the MP reveal? I'm still waiting to pre-order but I want to see if they're doing anything good outside the game like being able to view/set classes outside the game (I think MW3 or Ghost had this and it owned) or if this is going to be even worse than BLOPS3 in every way.

Oh and diamon/hero challenges if they're any because those are loving stupid.

Also I would genuinely pay money (ideally 10-20) to just get boosted to master prestige level 1 so I don't have to prestige. The fact that in BLOPS 3 you're unable to unlock everything until you hit MP is stupid.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Waiting on more info from XP but I think I'll end up pre-ordering this :negative:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Godzilla07 posted:

A bunch of info got leaked for Infinite Warfare MP! Weapon variants out of crates are back, and IW is doing a bunch of weird things to Create-a-Class (e.g. separating supers from your character, and there are "archetypes" for characters like medic, sniper, etc?)

Actually started reading these and holy poo poo Extinction may be coming back in some form???

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If I can snag ghost with the DLC for like $10-15 in some sale I'll probably do it just to play Extinction again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm glad veteran is still the insta death I remember it being a decade ago.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do they have a list of the classic weapons anywhere yet?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Let's make COD Franchise top weapons list. I'll start

Top 5 all time.
- RPD (MW2)
- Galil (BLOPS1)
- ACR (MW3)
- AK-47 (all)
- SPAS-12 (i think this was MW2)

Honorary Mention even though its a SMG: UMP45

If any of those guns are in the classic roster, I'll be happy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It doesn't even make sense in reference of what I posted.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Blue Barracuda

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm out of town so I can't play but here are the friend codes so have fun

Friend Code: 5NTK-M8ND-385L
Friend Code: 6PQK-45NM-PHA5
Friend Code: 4PJ4-FCNT-88A7
Friend Code: EC78-DLN8-RHF8
Friend Code: MH9Q-3JNA-7D99

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Whoops posted this in the other thread.

Just had my first game. Got 1st place and went 29-11. Felt really good and fun. The movement felt just right for me. A bit slower than BLOPS3 but still plenty of verticality shenanigans if you really want. Only one of the LMGs for the round but it felt pretty nice. It was the Mauler I think.

Couldn't get a good feel for TTK compared to the other games but I was not having any real issues getting kills. Only one death in a long range encounter left me going "hmmm" but that's probably because the load out I was using wasn't tailored for that long range.

Only one game bias but it definitely felt a hell of a lot better than my first BLOPS3 game in which I got loving annihilated.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

lol just loving lol if you buy physical media ityool 2016.

I'm upgrading my PS4 HD this weekend though. Games are big and I want to keep them all installed.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Superanos posted:

Infinite Warfare is a copy of Black Ops 3 with lovely maps and pay-to-win microtransactions. But nobody is here to play that, everyone is going to play Modern Warfare Remastered and this will be the last Call of Duty game that will sell well.

Actually it's better than BLOPS3 in every way since you can craft the poo poo you actually want rather than go the entire year rolling on poo poo and ending with 2 ranged weapons and the maps were mostly good. MWR will remain the buggy piece of poo poo game it was a decade ago with slow rear end movement and endless nade span.

I'm with Javes. I rather play in the fun future jump land.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BrokenKnees posted:

While you can save up the scrap to craft a specific gun, remember that crafting is like a tech tree, you have to craft every tier of a gun if you want the top one.

It's still direct progression to the poo poo you want rather than just pure randomness. And I'm sure they'll do double XP/scrap/key weekends to keep that carrot dangling in front of players.

I don't know. I'm kinda really optimistic of the game after the beta. A hell of a lot more than MWR which I just don't see myself sinking a lot of time into.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

Did you even play the beta? Because wow, is this ever wrong, unless MW3 was your favourite CoD. The maps are even less imaginative than BLOPS 3 when it comes to exploiting the modern movement system; which was already a step back from AW's multilevel madness.

The Chinese city one was my favorite. The farm one was pretty meh, reminded of the train station map in MW3 I think. The ice map I got used to because of how often it showed up. The no gravity one was just a couple of death lanes next to one another.

i liked mw3

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Welcome to the cool kids club

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm dating someone now but she's taking a 10 day work trip that begins the exact day this comes out. It's like she gets me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Deleted BLOPS3 off my PS4 and unbookmarked the thread. Long live the new COD.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Troutz posted:

I can't believe I JUST discovered there was a new thread.

Are we all in agreement that the new COD is MWR and the other one is a tech demo for Blops 4?

MWR is bait to see who's a loving idiot still interested in playing a bad decade old multiplayer game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SubponticatePoster posted:

Can you preload this sumbitch on PS4?

You loving know it. I'm ready to play tomorrow night because I have a job

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I imagine everyone to be a sassy redhead except Macy's who is just generic Canadian.

SA lets you upload a profile photo which I haven't updated in a decade but aside from life wearing down whatever optimism I had left I'm still the same.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SubponticatePoster posted:

One of the few good reasons to buy this bitch digital - MWR is already playable with SP. Also they probably did it digital only so they can sell it as a code later without having to print discs.

No really, where do I find the loving download for IW?

Check your library? I had the beta downloaded (and MWR) and IW just added and downloaded itself at some point this week.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Van Nostrum posted:

Some please tell me the rumour of half time being in Domination in MWR is some kind of sick joke.

Welcome to the old COD. Same as the new COD.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Remote connected to my mac that's remote connected to my PS4 so I can make sure this poo poo has everything updated and is ready to go the second I get home.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is the SP all campaign or are the side missions cool and good that give you more poo poo to play with in SP/MP?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don't know about you guys but I think I just won the game :huh:

I also got the same Mauler I used throughout the Beta so I think I'll be fine to get started.

And FYI your 10 SD from the season pass or whatever are already available. If your keys (on the crate purchase screen) are red then you have free crates to redeem.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What the gently caress is up with lobbies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Whoo more updates. Do they announce what these do anywhere?

• Locked thread