Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Alteisen posted:

Crazy how these threads continue to endure despite being the same circlejerk of losers endlessly shitposting.

You'd think you guys would be bored by now.
And you drive by shitpost to tell us how terrible we are in every single one! It's like, poetic, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

MW3 had some good mp maps. I can't say that about BLOPS3.
Some of the new ones are pretty good, but nobody owns them :( Maybe Titanfall will get them to release maps for free and just sell stupid kawaii camos and keys and ahahaha I can't finish that sentence ( :smith: )

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

JackGeneric posted:

SPAS-12 (S-Ravage)
That's a nice little tribute right there. :10bux: says it's a piece of poo poo compared to the MW2 version though, we can't have nice things.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sultan Tarquin posted:

How the hell do people do all this boosting poo poo on a controller I've played like 3 rounds and my hands are ready to fall off.
On the upside once you've gotten used to it you'll be able to crush walnuts with your hands.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Played a few more rounds today and quite enjoyed it. Never played BO3 so I don't know how they compare. ADS aim speed seems really loving low though. If I start shooting and I'm not perfectly amied on them then I find it impossible to correct the aim in time before I'm dead. Can't tell if it's the netcode that's loving me or just my unfamiliarity with playing on a controller but fuckers always seem to take at least 4-5 shots without going down then they'll kill me in 3.
The folk 'round here that got gud recommend correcting aim by strafing, and not by using the right stick as controllers aren't as sensitive and you'll usually end up overcorrecting the other way and your shots going wide. If stock is an attachment option use that.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Anyone doing this tonight? Beta got extended through Tuesday, right?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

housefly posted:

In the future we are all sexless and brown, macys.
I'm that right now

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

Won't lie, I picture you as your Sheperd model. I apologise if that offends you though.
I don't have quite the same level of duckface. Also I actually have biceps and forearms. And better posture. But nah, I ain't offended.

Wasn't it ChaCha that thought I was a sassy redhead?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Can you preload this sumbitch on PS4?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Javes posted:

Yeah I just bought it this morning and you can download it.
OK I'll get on and download the fucker. I work until 5 tomorrow and will have to pick up a friend at the airport at 7 but I can play a bit in between and afterwards.

housefly posted:

Yes, and no amount of anything with change that mental picture of you.
I tried being a redhead once. It didn't work, I looked like I had jaundice.

e: where do you find the download? All it does is says I bought it.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 3, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
One of the few good reasons to buy this bitch digital - MWR is already playable with SP. Also they probably did it digital only so they can sell it as a code later without having to print discs.

No really, where do I find the loving download for IW?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Check your library? I had the beta downloaded (and MWR) and IW just added and downloaded itself at some point this week.
I did, it ain't there :saddowns:

e:

widespread posted:

Check your Purchased Library thingy (thing on the FAR right). Got mine preloaded and will probably avoid MP since I loving DOUBT the servers are gonna be good enough to play on Day 1.
Ah, it was in purchased. Thanks!

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 3, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I thought I'd preloaded, when I checked the data it said I had 50 something gigs but when I went to play, nope, gently caress you gotta download another 20 before you can play. So I booted up MWR and played that for a bit but was having the same old problem of mag dumping somebody at point blank and not getting hitmarkers. So gently caress it I'm going to bed :mad:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

housefly posted:

Buy a drive for me. Thanks in advance!
You can find a 2TB one for like $70 at Costco.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I'm at my part time job, supposed to work until 10 but it's pretty dead so I'm most likely leaving soon. Save me a spot for shooting mans.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

gently caress this brown and grey half-assed net-hosed lazy loving garbage.
I think the servers semi-collapsed there for a bit. Had a few games where everyone was stuttering and poo poo. Smoothed back out towards the end. I notice the lag more in IW, maybe because of the low TTK or else I just sort of got used to it in Blops after months. I seem to have more good games than bad though :shrug:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Takes some getting used to, but the TAR is hella fun. Basically a handheld RPG with sticky power and if you overcook it it just launches itself so you don't blow up.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I was having no-bullshit 7.0 - 10.0 KDR games the other day for a hour or two. it legitimately felt like I had the game genie turned on because I wasn't doing anything differently at all yet later that day kept going .5 - 1 with different hosting. I have no idea what is happening with this game
This is me (with a much lower good KDR, usually 1.5-3). When it's running well it's fun and nuts and though the maps are still kind of confusing I do all right. When it's bad it's loving terrible. Like if I had a spare Chromebook lying around I'd punch it terrible.

MWR isn't any better. Had a game on Vacant where I went 26-5 or somesuch, but the majority of them were "dump an entire RPD magazine into someone and get killed with a pistol." There's no way to make up for lag with the slower gameplay. MWR was just a bonus as I never played the original, but it's fun to be idiots and hush or whatever so I hope they get stuff squared away on both titles.

e: and since I'm a masochist I'm off in about 45 minutes and will be playing.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I'll be on here in just a minute, got sidetracked applying for the ME4 MP beta :legion:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So I am new to call of duty multiplayer so looking for tips because every single matched I've played, I get killed before I even get the chance to fire a single shot.

I have played shooters but for the life of me I cannot seem to land a single kill and die 20 times in a match
If you haven't played FPSs for awhile CoD is fast as gently caress. Try playing a local match or 7 against bots just to learn the map layouts so you'll have an idea of where people will be coming from. Playing with an SMG might help, the default one is my favorite and you can spray bullets little laserbeams everywhere. Also keep an eye on the minimap. Because it's so fast, spawns flip often. Where your teammates aren't is where the enemy is.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Ah, understood, thanks.
I was confused by this too *beats other team 100-34* "Well that mission was a bust!"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FirstPersonShitter posted:

so uh i ran into a guy who had coded characters in his name that flickered super fast and g ave a huge fps drop any time his nameplate was on screen.
What platform?

victrix posted:

Also if you haven't yet, use Phantom's Ballista payload, that thing is loving hilarious. The instant you have a target in your sight you can pull the trigger and it'll autolock and kill them.
Huh, no wonder I wasn't doing badly with it when I'm a terrible sniper.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

sba posted:

you have "average" internet, so what lag comp sort of does is try to make your connection as good as mine (150/50) and mine as bad as yours so what ends up happening is what Macys described
Yeah, it's pretty obvious when the connection is bad. I've been around a corner for a full second and then was suddenly dead. Or mag dumped into the back of someone's head and had them turn around and kill me. There was an in-depth (if somewhat dry and boring) demonstration someone did showing how lag comp worked with one of the older CoDs. With 2 people recording simultaneously one of them would see the other player nearly a full second before the other one did. In a game like this with really high ttk you're going to get loving murdered if you aren't on par with other players.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

Maybe if you have the season pass. Otherwise, it's more like half that. :emo:
No, I don't own the season pass and I get 1.5-2 per match. From the reports it's possible that some people's rates are just bugged/hosed up.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

victrix posted:

It's game mode/time dependent. There might be a small bonus for winning. It's probably just a rough c/p of the BO3 earn rate, which was (roughly) scaled based on the expected time it takes to finish any given game mode.
I think Macys bitch is that we can be in the same lobby and I'll get 2 keys and he'll get .5, like there's some fuckup there.

quote:

There was an issue with earning keys period, but that's some PC issue with long steam names (lmao PC cod).
Yeah I dunno why people play this on PC with all the poo poo between hackers, aimbots, bugs/glitches and an upper population of the attendance of a Browns game during their lovely(er than usual) years. Get a xim and go to town on hapless controller users, pc bros!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

housefly posted:

I don't think I have a screenshot of them. I need to look next time I fire up the PlayStation.

I'm definitely not paying another cent toward this game, despite the qos settings helping substantially with the game. Oh and getting the raw benediction out of a crate. That gun owns.
What are the settings that help? Fired it up last night and the shitfuck connection had me going like 8-24 because I could not kill fuckall. I enjoy this when it works, I just want it to work more often.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

housefly posted:

I did a number of speed tests using that tool posted a couple pages ago and then averaged those out and took 90% of the values. Then I enabled QoS on my router (quality of service) and put the calculated numbers in. I've been way more consistent with this trash heap since and regularly go positive as a result. The number of bullshit deaths is minimal in comparison and I believe Orbital and Javes can attest that I'm bitching far less the last couple days. :-)
I did that test but under bufferbloat and speed it has a null response. :(

e: also my connection speed varies wildly based on which device I'm using. My personal laptop usually gets around 24-30mbps which isn't surprising considering it's older and running on a lovely standard wifi card. My PS4 is hardwired and can pull connections of anywhere from 6 to 80mbps and it's not predictable at all. My work computer is hardwired and it gets around 100mbps consistently so gently caress if I know which of these speeds I should use for traffic shaping. You'd think the ps4 would get about the same as the work computer since they're both hardwired and I just got the Pro so it should have high speed ethernet.

Guess I can try DMZ'ing or port forwarding

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 21, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mill Village posted:

What modem do you have? It sounds like it's messing up. Your speeds should not be jumping around like that.
TP Link cable modem. When all else is inscrutable, there's always the "loving Comcast" angle to consider.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

victrix posted:

Karma-45 feels so good and there are like two or three excellent variants of it. Feels like... I'm not sure, a 'classic' CoD sub? Feels good.

I think the HVR is probably still better, than thing loving melts up close because of the 3sk at point blank, but man you can go on some runs with a Karma that has a monster mag.
Karma is a reskin of the Vector from MW2, iirc (just has 2 mags instead of 1). I have a purple variant and I like it quite a bit myself.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mill Village posted:

Its Friday, where is the "special surprise" IW had for us?
An extra 3 salvage in your 30 key box!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
It hits you because it loves you, Macys.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mill Village posted:

I could have just bought this poo poo on PC if I knew we were just going to play TDM the whole loving time.
But then you'd miss out on our scintillating conversations. (I don't care what game mode we play, I am equally bad)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
The meta is that in the future the Vulture was actually made by IW, which is why it doesn't work worth a poo poo.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mill Village posted:

If I have Moderate NAT in this game, I just start up MWR and its open again. I kinda want Raven to make their own COD since they seem to have the technical things down. Their double XP actually worked properly this weekend. Of course I didn't play it at all.
I keep popping strict, and this is after I put my PS4 in a DMZ. loving IW. However if booting up MWR fixes it I'll try that from now on.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

housefly posted:

Lol that you people are still playing this garbage fire. i might hop on and play some in a bit
It's really the perfect capstone to 2016 when you think about it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Anyone playing tonight? I'm waiting for stupid YT to finish uploading a video but then I wanna play videogames.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Carecat posted:

It turns out if you max out all mission teams you stop earning keys.

We can still get mileage out of this smiley after all these years! :iw:
Guess I'll be good then because gently caress getting sniper kills on these tiny maps Wraith!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Puckish Rogue posted:

EBR in assault rifle mode.
Shh, I'm justifying this to myself

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I'm up for shooting mans today so if I'm on and playing something else just send me an invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
That sucks ACha. I've been broken into as well except I was really poor at the time and while they stole a bunch of stuff it wasn't enough to hit my deductible so I would have ended up paying for everything either way and couldn't afford it :(

• Locked thread