Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Girl Of The Year
Suzukaze Aoba
Hifumi Takimoto
Kou Yagami
Umiko Ahagon
Shizuku Hazuki
Yun Iijima
Nene Sakura
Hajime Shinoda
Rin Tooyama
View Results

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
:siren:DON'T MAKE WEIRD GAMERGATE JOKES AAAAAGGGGHH:siren:

New Game is an anime adaptation of the manga of the same name, about a group of girls who work at a game company developing a JRPG. It's cute, it's funny, it has fun characters who bounce off each other well and it looks very pretty.

https://a.pomf.cat/vviyud.mp4

The cast: is very big, so i can't fit individual descriptions in without making this OP look very oddly tall while not really having much to actually say so here are pictures instead

We're only two episodes in, but so far it's been pretty cute and funny, and it's being adapted by Dogakobo, who have a pretty solid record with adaptations. Personally, I'm having fun with it!

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I like umio san, her cold bloodthirst appeals to me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This show is cute and good, be prepared for my updated shipping chart

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I'm reading the manga of this and it is also good, but it's easier to keep track of who's who in the adaption. That might be because there isn't a month wait between episodes like there is for chapters though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The character designs seem a lot more distinctive in the anime too, everyone kind of blends together in the manga.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Sakurazuka posted:

hifumi x me

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

all girls are best girls
except chat girl
chat girl is worst

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Take that back, she's just shy :(

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape
Cute girls developing cute games

Edit: Ahagon a best

filthychimp fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jul 15, 2016

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
Chat girl may be the worst, but that doesn't mean she is bad. She just has really stiff competition.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Odds looking good for the longshot bet, dark skin girl (Umiko), I'll take the over.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gamergate's Most Hated Anime 2016.

I do not have a best girl yet, they all seem nice. Is the protagonist (Aoba?) supposed to look a bit like Neptune?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think so, though it did amuse me that Fairies Story 3 is apparently an unholy mix between Atelier and Dark Souls

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

filthychimp posted:

Cute girls developing cute games

Edit: Ahagon a best

She just stone cold slayed that girl. Brutal.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
The way Aoba moves and acts and looks reminds me a lot of another anime character, but I can't put my finger on it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Episode 2 is good and cute. I am conflicted about ships. Shipflicted. Conshipted?

The point is, everyone is cute together.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Episode 2 is good and cute. I am conflicted about ships. Shipflicted. Conshipted?

Good news, the ED seems to agree.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Anyone who doesnt vote for Umiko is a fool

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

everyone x everyone, problem solved you're welcome

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i know where my loyalties lie.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

on another note, i like that weird color gradient work new game and some assets from cinderella girls do. I don't really understand the idea behind doing it, but it's a neat visual

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Space Flower posted:

i know where my loyalties lie.

That ship has made a very strong early push, that much is certain.

Anyone know how many episodes this is running for?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Ships can wait

someone needs to pet that fat office cat

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Episode 3 hit in time for my lunch break, was good. Game designer lady hitting on Aoba and Aoba staring awkwardly back was funny. Really liked Aoba's eureka moment near the end. I'm a sucker for artistic process kind of poo poo like that.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

chat girl is also bad at giving advice

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

chat girl is also bad at giving advice

She is, although in a way that I thought rang true enough.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's sekuhara director <:mad:>

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rin and Ko are very cute together and I hope we get more of them acting like an old married couple.

Also, I would not want to go a month between pay checks. 2 weeks is a much better pace.

Also also, anyone know what AD stands for? Animation Director?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Rin and Ko are very cute together and I hope we get more of them acting like an old married couple.

Also, I would not want to go a month between pay checks. 2 weeks is a much better pace.

Also also, anyone know what AD stands for? Animation Director?

They say in ep 1. it's art director.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Kou is right.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

sylphynford?!?

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

I love that the author describes this as being about "wage slaves" when, so far as I can tell, no one in this show/manga has ever really experienced anything remotely resembling hardship.

Does the concept of biting social satire just not exist in Japan? I mean, people manage to kill themselves through overwork there, and this is what someone thinks "wage slavery" looks like?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Does the concept of biting social satire just not exist in Japan?

Nah only us advanced westerners came up with it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

I love that the author describes this as being about "wage slaves" when, so far as I can tell, no one in this show/manga has ever really experienced anything remotely resembling hardship.

Does the concept of biting social satire just not exist in Japan? I mean, people manage to kill themselves through overwork there, and this is what someone thinks "wage slavery" looks like?

lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lol if the author describes this as a story about wage slaves, but also

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

lol

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

the inscrutable oriental

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I like this show because it is a vaguely sapphic work-comedy with pretty art. I'd bet the author knows that he's making a vaguely sapphic work-com with pretty art, but if he doesn't that's okay too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Colonel posted:

lol if the author describes this as a story about wage slaves,

I've seen the phrase come up a few times, so I think that's just how they choose to refer to office work, even if they're making lighthearted stuff.

• Locked thread