Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Girl Of The Year
Suzukaze Aoba
Hifumi Takimoto
Kou Yagami
Umiko Ahagon
Shizuku Hazuki
Yun Iijima
Nene Sakura
Hajime Shinoda
Rin Tooyama
View Results

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Will the anime cover the current high school flashback? France is a pretty passionate place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Poil posted:

Will the anime cover the current high school flashback? France is a pretty passionate place.

I assume they'll get up to the game release event

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I expected Hajime to be way higher in the polls wth

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i only remember three names, and ahagon is one of them, so.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hard-hitting pudding conflict

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ko sounded so devastated. :(

Seriously, though, her VA's been quite good. Anway, today's episode was nice. Nothing too substantial, but some fun gags and nothing weird like some of the check-up stuff we got last week. Looks like we're in for more Ko/Rin Sickbed Sweetness next episode, though, so that'll be nice. :3:

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Being constantly checked up on whether you're at your desk and the disappearance of a $1 snack turning into office drama reminds me of every job I hated as a teen/early twentysomething.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ahagon stop being such a dick.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

We almost got through this episode without any translation snafus, but the next episode title is literally the reverse: "We can't come in to work?"

also Ahagon is great:

z0glin Warchief fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 23, 2016

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I wish I had waited a little bit longer before casting my vote, ahagon should be #1

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I wish I had waited a little bit longer before casting my vote, ahagon should be #1

smh at all the nonbelievers...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Futaba Anzu posted:

smh at all the nonbelievers...

Nope. Still Hajime.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

How on earth has Umiko reached adulthood still embarrassed by her family name? Kids didn't make fun of her enough in school.
systematic racism

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Caught up from the last episode (only watched the first half before leaving off for a few days); sketchy fanservice bits aside, I liked the doctor visit generally. Though I'm wondering how old Umiko is; Hazuki's old enough to be taking the barium drink and it was laying her out, but Umiko was still her super-intense self. So either she's not old enough to be taking those yet, or she is so tough that she's just not affected. I could see either, really.

Latest episode was cute too. I wonder how long Nene is sticking around at the main building rather than just getting called and visited by Aoba.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Ahagon stop being such a dick.

She has absolutely no chill, it's part of her charm.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Nene will probably last the rest of the season assuming the finale is the game release

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

CuLT posted:

Being constantly checked up on whether you're at your desk and the disappearance of a $1 snack turning into office drama reminds me of every job I hated as a teen/early twentysomething.

You and me both. Overbearing management and overblown office dramas are the worst.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I... don't like Nene's voice. It's way too squeaky in an unpleasant way.

CuLT posted:

No kidding. But I have to wonder how much productivity is lost by the person wandering around checking constantly. Surely she has better things to do.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Nene is a good girl in actuality. All these girls are good girls. Making good games.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think it's even legal to call rin and ko's relationship subtext at this point

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

i don't think it's even legal to call rin and ko's relationship subtext at this point

:same: At this point I'd be quite surprised if you were to prove that the writers didn't deliberately set out to write them as a married (or at least steady) couple.

I did think it was really cute how we get to see Ko pay Rin back a bit for looking after her when she wasn't feeling well at the hospital earlier.

Also, Umiko remains quite cool.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 29, 2016

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

ko and rin are so cute together :kimchi:

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Oh no! Feature Creep!

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Amstrad posted:

Oh no! Feature Creep!

From an unanimated chapter of the manga:

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
"What!? We can't come into work on Saturday!?" ... What a cheerful take on work conditions in Japan.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
does it even matter to point it out by now

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I don't know, I'm still surprised by all the "you loving millennials, this is not even close to being a "black" company" comments on niconico.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...black?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

an abusive working environment, basically

i've seen a japanese video game director translate it in his own words as a sweat shop

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

obviously the environment in new game is extremely idealized, but at the same time i think that companies in japan that treat their employees decently, exist, so it isn't like it's an impossible fantasy that serves to trick and seduce people.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've seen at least one instance of a japanese game director talking about how they called their friend an idiot for saying that a super hosed up working environment is necessary to making a video game so i'm going to assume that decent working environments probably do exist, yeah

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Endorph posted:

obviously the environment in new game is extremely idealized, but at the same time i think that companies in japan that treat their employees decently, exist, so it isn't like it's an impossible fantasy that serves to trick and seduce people.

Yea workers rights are an issue that needs to be dealt with asap obviously, but it's equally silly for some people talking about the show on other sites to act like Japan is this Randian hell hole where literally every company is a sweatshop

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm sure that there are Western video game companies that have hellish working conditions in their own right with people told to stay overnight to meet release under threat of firing or potentially blacklisting. Same with the CG animation industry.

I'm more surprised about the really nice bathhouse open at 3AM complete with a place to sleep.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm sure that there are Western video game companies that have hellish working conditions in their own right with people told to stay overnight to meet release under threat of firing or potentially blacklisting. Same with the CG animation industry.

There absolutely are - Team Bondi leaps immediately to mind, though it's not the most recent example by a long shot. Overwhelming working conditions are far from being an exclusively Japanese phenomenon - and likewise decent workspaces aren't unique to the west. Really, I think the ubiquitous sapphic tension is the only thing this show is really reaching that hard on.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Yeah, my (rather uninformed) impression is that the games industry has sweat shops/sub-standard working conditions everywhere because so many people really want to be in games and either accept blatant exploitation or are replaced by one who does.

I once met an owner of a small-time mobile game developer who gleefully told me how he had this group of Eastern European game developers holed up in some former barracks-type compound and that they were so cheap and rent was basically free.

Also, there's that ea_spouse blog that went viral a decade ago:

quote:

I'm more surprised about the really nice bathhouse open at 3AM complete with a place to sleep.

Same, I mean I get the idea of 24/7 bathhouses, but what about these sleeping pens?

E: Also, this a rad anime.

Grim Up North fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 30, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Really, I think the ubiquitous sapphic tension is the only thing this show is really reaching that hard on.
someone hasn't read the xseed blog

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what the hell why is Yun so low in the poll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yun is boring

• Locked thread