Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
remember when film had artistic integrity and didn't pan to the masses?

what might happen if these geniuses were allowed to write and direct modern movies today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i cant even remember ten minutes ago

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
lol @ talkin about films as art and not even mentioning fellini

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

lol @ talkin about films as art and not even mentioning fellini

go on...

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
i hate james cameron

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I watched Alien and Aliens back to back and I want to strangle the man

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

you mean, Scott?

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

Eddy Norton wasn't put in a great position regarding that seriously

seams he wrote it off

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
it's almost like the people that can make money on their movies get to keep making more movies!

choprite
Sep 29, 2007
just about as retarded as you'd think
arent all of these people doing things? whats your point op

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
but seriously, it kind of sucks that the amount of money a movie makes is mostly dependant on it's marketing budget

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

BirryJoru posted:

you mean, Scott?

No, Cameron. Alien is great, Aliens loving sucks rear end

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
namedropping is good art op

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

Airborne Viking posted:

but seriously, it kind of sucks that the amount of money a movie makes is mostly dependant on it's marketing budget

sadly sounds like NASA

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
lucas, polanski, darabont, wachowski, wachowski, linklater. all the greats.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

Feig

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

what is, "the happening"?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

BirryJoru posted:

mark wahlbergs best work

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

BirryJoru posted:

Gone with the Wind

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Shaquin posted:

mark wahlbergs best work

There was a five minute conversation about hot dogs.

Also,
"You know I don't like talking about my feelings~!"

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I want to confess as best I can, but my heart is void. The void is a mirror. I see my face and feel loathing and horror. My indifference to man has shut me out. I live now in a world of ghosts, a prisoner in my dreams.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Vastarien posted:

I want to confess as best I can, but my heart is void. The void is a mirror. I see my face and feel loathing and horror. My indifference to man has shut me out. I live now in a world of ghosts, a prisoner in my dreams.

You're a Postman / Waterworld Saga apologist, aren't you? The Costner-verse is a real and thriving community, tyvm!

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

Shaquin posted:

mark wahlbergs best work

lolol!

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Gone with the Wind

pretty much. yeah.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

let us not forget this wicker man

for he holds the keys to true absurdity

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

I'm in "the room" with a football and want to die

Butthead
May 31, 2011
What if you could use 100% of your brain?!?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
"pan to the masses"? I thought we were done shooting.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Twin Peaks Season 3 Coming Soon!!!!!!!!!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if The Purge were directed by Verhoeven, it would be even better than Robocop. instead, they made three movies without him and all of them are dull and take themselves too seriously. it's a shame because the concept is ripe for interesting dystopian poo poo to happen in them

with a few notable exceptions, hollywood isn't a place for fun movies anymore. and the movies that don't take themselves seriously make a ton of money (deadpool and guardians of the galaxy, most notably) :iiam:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Lynch sure but kubrick rules don't let me take that away but for all the art in his films he still made movies that were A Big Deal outside of the art house lol.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Lol @ putting Korine with those Hollywood fags

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Beef Turret posted:

Lol @ putting Korine with those Hollywood fags

yeah don't mention that talentless hack's name in the same breath as artists like kubrick

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Y-Hat posted:

if The Purge were directed by Verhoeven, it would be even better than Robocop. instead, they made three movies without him and all of them are dull and take themselves too seriously. it's a shame because the concept is ripe for interesting dystopian poo poo to happen in them

with a few notable exceptions, hollywood isn't a place for fun movies anymore. and the movies that don't take themselves seriously make a ton of money (deadpool and guardians of the galaxy, most notably) :iiam:

mad max, the raid, john wick and even jurrasic world (maybe if im being really generous) are pretty okay fun movies

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
What about JJ Abrams watching his movies are like having lasers fired right into your eyeballs you'll love it.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I just wish more directors had the courage to take on Robocop and the Robocop universe. What would a Lynchian Robocop be like?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Zorodius posted:

I just wish more directors had the courage to take on Robocop and the Robocop universe. What would a Lynchian Robocop be like?

Confusing and weird for the sake of being weird but you'll still pretend to understand what you just wanted 2 hours watching because you don't want to look stupid.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Except for the sequel where Robocop goes and visits his brother Davecop and gets there by strapping on some wheels and slowly driving down the highway. That one was actually pretty good.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

mad max, the raid, john wick and even jurrasic world (maybe if im being really generous) are pretty okay fun movies
and there aren't nearly enough of them. anyone remember the robocop remake? of course you don't, it was dull and forgettable

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Y-Hat posted:

and there aren't nearly enough of them. anyone remember the robocop remake? of course you don't, it was dull and forgettable

it was a lot of fun and it featured my favorite cinematic character, Robocop, as he confronted the horror and responsibility of being a machine-man and a warrior for justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I prefer 80's / 90's movies with the inevitable boob shot crammed in for no real reason

• Locked thread