Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

owns

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Sludge Tank posted:

I've really been loving everything you've been doing lately. All top quality stuff. Keep at it.

Thanks dude.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

Oh poo poo, that's great.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
-

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 29, 2016

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

This post probably isnt a good idea and im doing what I'm apologising for but I've had a pretty rough month and a half on top of a pretty rough year and I snapped. Did some real embarrassing poo poo in real life, as you can probably imagine based off of here. July was the first anniversary of me nearly dying from extreme workplace negligence (that I'm not over yet), my dad had a pair of strokes and my mums just come home from a pair of heart attacks.

I am legitimately sorry to hear that dude and I wish the best for everyone involved.

I also spent my 21st with a bigass abcess on my butt that was misdiagnosed and I spent a few days with what I've been told is one of the most painful things a person can have happen. They dont even know why it happened and its likely to happen again, which is really cool and rad.

:eyepop:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRcmF50Qh1M

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Thanks, soundmonkey

Im not embarrassed by it, its not like anything I did caused it, its just genetics and lovely luck and especially lovely timing. It really sucked rear end.

Im gunna take that break now.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

It really sucked rear end.

ok you can get away with that THIS ONE TIME

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Sorry for the e/n, sorry for making GBS threads all over everything. None of you probably care at all, and I'm expecting to cop a ban or probation for this, but I felt bad. Stress is not fun.

That's pretty awful, and I hope you come back when you've gotten yourself sorted out a little bit better.

On a "that which does not kill us..." sort of note, sometimes we do our best artistic work trying to cope with hardship. I'm not suggesting you start a project like Araki's Winter Journey, but if you find that photography is centering for you, maybe you should do some shooting for the drawer and see what helps or what comes out of it.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Albany Lock & Key by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

~cape light vibes~

that one's killer

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

King Kone by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

That's a very soothing arrangement of utility lines/poles

Edit: except for the left edge. Just noticed and now I'm mildly irritated.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I've considered CAFing out the pole remnants on the left, we'll see.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

INT: George and Jerry are in an art gallery. George is staring at a large photo of neon sign, seemingly transfixed.

George: there's something about the telephone pole in this photo.

Jerry: Oh yeah?

George: Yeah, it's very..

Jerry: What?

George: ..Soothing..

Jerry (incredulous): Soothing?

George (sheepish): Well.. yeah. In a way.

Jerry: Is that how you judge good art? By whether or not it soothes you?

George (defensive): No! But just look at the way the photographer has lined up all the power lines. It's so symmetrical. Look at that and tell me you don't find that soothing, Jerry, come on!

Jerry: You know, I think that's why they put up Guernica in the UN, to soothe the diplomats.

George: Aw, get out of here!

Jerry glances at he photo, and notices something.

Jerry: Hey, look here, it appears that there's another pole just outside of the frame.

George: Huh?

Jerry: Yeah, look. There's a little bit of another pole just floating here at the edge by itself. Kinda throws a wrench into your whole 'soothing symmetry' angle, eh?

George (agitated): Serenity Now!

Jerry (mockingly): Hey, what's the matter? I thought you liked this picture. You must've looked closely at it before you made your declaration. Oh, but I guess you didn't notice... that part right there?

Jerry points dramatically at the left edge of the photo frame.

George: George is getting upset!

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Bob's OK Tire Store by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Bob's OK Tire Store by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax
I have a Pentax 6X7 body (the big rear end SLR kind) that's probably only good for parts, if anyone wants to PayPal me for the shipping.

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax
Good stuff from Ansel Autism and MrBlandAverage too btw... love those long exposures

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

The XKCD Larper posted:

Good stuff from Ansel Autism and MrBlandAverage too btw... love those long exposures

Thanks dude

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

The XKCD Larper posted:

I have a Pentax 6X7 body (the big rear end SLR kind) that's probably only good for parts, if anyone wants to PayPal me for the shipping.

You should check KEH they might give you a fair bit of change still.

e: If that chain thing is still intact it's definitely worth something.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Aug 18, 2016

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax

VelociBacon posted:

You should check KEH they might give you a fair bit of change still.

e: If that chain thing is still intact it's definitely worth something.

I should probably donate it to them since I scammed them out of a 4x5 lens in 2011.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

The XKCD Larper posted:

Thanks!

The XKCD Larper posted:

I should probably donate it to them since I scammed them out of a 4x5 lens in 2011.

There's a story here and I want to hear it.

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax

MrBlandAverage posted:

Thanks!

There's a story here and I want to hear it.

I bought a lens and they shipped it to the wrong address. They gave me a full refund after I called them. I drove to the house that it went to and it was on the porch, so I took it, used it for a little while, then sold it on eBay.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

The XKCD Larper posted:

I bought a lens and they shipped it to the wrong address. They gave me a full refund after I called them. I drove to the house that it went to and it was on the porch, so I took it, used it for a little while, then sold it on eBay.

I once bought an LF lens from their ebay store marked as "UG - not functional" just for the lens cells but it turns out no one at KEH knows how to cock and fire an ilex shutter and it was totally fine.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

An Apparition of the Colonel by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So my girlfriends father just gave me a roll of Kodachrome 64, and a couple rolls of Ektachrome (100 and 200 speed). The Kodachrome expired 1988 but it's been in a fridge. What are the chances it's still shootable, and can you even get it developed anywhere?