Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.
It makes more sense to get the Mamiya 6 75mm than an entire new camera right? It's the one lens i don't have, it's the focal length I like the best. But then again a fuji 6x9 for less money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
Every time someone posts something from a Pentax 6x7 I really want one. I got the chance to hold one today and wow it's big, I knew it was big but gently caress is it hella big. Kind of tempered that want a little bit.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
Fuuuuuck. My mamiya 6 just totally locked up this morning. Won't wind, won't let me close the dark slide to take the lens off. Super bummed.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

change my name posted:

I forgot all about the Pentacon Six, that's probably where I'll go from here (and I'm guessing the Mamiya Six is the older model, because the newer one is >$1,000).

fastbilly1 posted:

Two different products from two very different companies. Mamiya is Japanese, Pentacon is German.

Additionaly the Pentacon six is a mechanical slr and the Mamiya is a rangefinder that requires batteries, with only 3 lenses available. There is an older mechanical Mamiya 6 that is a folding range finder with an attached lens.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

Awkward Davies posted:

People in the Medium Format thread, why I never.

Say What?

709640010012 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/150429045@N03/

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

Awkward Davies posted:

Gross, where's the old cars, the neon, the every day cityscapes?!

Don't you make me...

LOL depth of what? (I should have stopped down, gently caress me)

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

I'm way into this one.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

Google Butt posted:

Love it. What film is that?

God drat someone needs to buy my Sony poo poo I need this in my life

Porta 400 it’s in the Flickr tags

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

SMERSH Mouth posted:

I used regular-rear end hardware store ‘liquid electrical tape’ to patch a pinhole light leak in a cloth shutter curtain before with no ill effects, would that not be sufficient to patch light leaks in a bellows? I guess maybe it wouldn’t tolerate repetitive stretching and folding?

I used liquid electric tape to fix a leak the bellows of my Fuji GS645 folder and its held up opening and closing for several years. I sadly haven’t used it recently.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Would anyone here who’s shot Portra 400 on multiple different 120 cameras and in particular also with the electronic Mamiya 6 characterize that camera’s lenses’ color rendition as somewhat muted compared to the likes of Zeiss or Pentax?

I have a Mamyia 6. I wouldn't say the colors are muted but the meter in mine wants to slightly under expose almost all of the time, more so if the sky above is brighter than what the camera is pointing at, but those shots are pretty obviously under exposed. My only comparison is a Fuji GS645 that I have not shot with that much, and I've never scanned my own 120 color film.

000468240003 by Michael, on Flickr

aricoarena fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
I just replaced the bellows on my Fuji GS645 Pro. I did not think folding and gluing the fabric to the metal plates that hold it in place would be by far the most difficult part.

aricoarena fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 13, 2023