Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
A local-ish camera shop had a Graflex Century Graphic with the Kodak Ektar 101mm f/4.5, some 2x3 holders, a 6x6 roll back, and a case. Decided to pick it up. Not sure if I've made a huge mistake but I'm excited about it as a cheap, small large format style camera.

e: i guess i should say "view camera" but

big black turnout fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Can someone point me to a resource/explain to me how view camera/shutter/lens compatibility works?

Here's what I think I have: camera/shutter compatibility is based on basically whether or not a lens board exists/can be made that fits the camera and a certain type of shutter

Lens/camera compatibility is basically just image circle and bellows length

Lens/shutter compatibility is??? Sometimes it seems like these things come together but sometimes it seems like they're totally separate?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I really want to take the century graphic out but i want to test it out with a roll of 120 before I bother ordering sheet film and the back it came with famously sucks, so i have to wait several more days for the good 6x9 back i ordered to get here :argh:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
002116180002 by caranatar none, on Flickr

Lab scan, but I took out the new Century Graphic this past weekend with a 6x9 back and got one photo I liked. One I left the lens on T when I put in the film back and took out the dark slide, one I left the dark slide in, and the rest were just meh

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Well, after a series of bad decisions and really enjoying the medium format view camera, I now have a Chamonix 45N-2 on its way to me. My wife is going to kill me lol