Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Some initial attempts at nighttime stuff. I don't have any picturesque diners near me though :(

edit: these were bad pictures

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Wild EEPROM posted:

~*just medium format things*~

Did you get it back?

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Coney Island, back in December.

AK

Coney Island

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 20, 2018

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Sludge Tank posted:

Fellers I'm sorry if this is too e/n for the thread.
I had a real bad romantic distress a couple of months ago and] it has entirely sapped all my passion or drive for anything photographic. Moreso than ever before as usuallly these situations are what push me into suffocating myself with photography.. I've been stuck in a static state of just work/sleep/eat repeat. Completely fallen off the wagon and have produced literally zilch in about 2 or so months. I've tried drastically to build up the confidence and motivation to do something but just cannot summon the energy. I've been watching the threads and blogs and going to shows and feeding my appetite for art but not producing anything myself. I don't know what I'm waiting for. Outside of "go out and shoot" I need something else because that's what my IRL friends keep saying but I can't muster the juice. I feel completely hosed. Feel like I'm even losing my eye. Does anyone have some advice you can give me? I'm totally at a loss but I feel the itch, but the instictive urge to scratch it isn't there. Sorry to dump e/n but I just feel worthless atm

sincerely
token e/n guy

Sorry about the romantic distress.

You sound a little depressed. Take care of yourself (regular sleep schedule, exercise, not eating poo poo) and try to nurse yourself back from the break up. It will happen, it just takes time.

Also, you sound like you're putting a ton of pressure on yourself to shoot and to perform. Maybe don't do that? It sounds like you're just making yourself more upset, which just reinforces your current feelings.

Maybe you could explore some sort of more low impact shooting? You do mostly LF stuff right? Maybe just carry a 35mm around and try to capture what you see, and work back up to the more involved processes.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Thanksgiving
Unrelated:

NYC 2016

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jan 20, 2018

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

VelociBacon posted:

Posting from work as a respiratory therapist to say sick inhaled corticosteroid in the first pic.

Thanks, it helps with the not breathing good.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I bought a new computer and finally have a permanent work station that's not my work laptop. Been organizing and centralizing all my photos and finding photos I meant to finsih/upload and never did.

California Roadtrip

California Roadtrip

California Roadtrip

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Alex

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Paul MaudDib posted:

also if you think the P67 is big, then wait until you see a Fuji G690/GW690/etc in person. I saw one a couple years ago and goddamn "gulliver's leica" is no joke, that thing is like a foot wide and like 8" deep

Yeah, here's a size comparison from when I got my GW670II.

I also have a Pentax 67. I really like the GW670II better as a walking around camera. It's MUCH lighter, and really feels like a large 35mm. The P67 is shaped the same, but is so much heavier and more unwieldy. Of course, the GW has no interchangeable lenses (which is part of why it's so light), so it's not super versatile.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I handhold my P67 and shoot medium format poorly because I want to :snoop:

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Us in a motel room

Times Square

Midtown NYC

Unsure if these were shot correctly. Worried my MF Credentials will be revoked and my cameras repossessed. All I can do is wait I guess.

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jan 20, 2018

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

8th-snype posted:

lol at the "120mm" tag

Yeah I've been experimenting with tagging photos to get more views but obviously I don't put a ton of effort into it and it doesn't really work on Flickr ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

bobmarleysghost posted:

No he means because it's not called 120mm, to format is called just 120

:downs:

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Looking pretty pink/orange.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
People in the Medium Format thread, why I never.

Facetiming with parents

Alex at home

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Gross, where's the old cars, the neon, the every day cityscapes?!

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
How not to meter/how not to pose

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

SMERSH Mouth posted:

'this is bad' is a good tag to explore. 'i did a bad job' is unique, though.

Whoa you're right. Time to start owning this space for my #brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Been a while since I've posted any photos because it's been a while since I've taken any photos, but these are from the summer and I'm just getting around to them so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At the lake

The farm

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 20, 2018